Newbie Adam/MySpace Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mirjam said:

Do you know it from this a fashion designer ???

I read this on various comments that he posted on other people's pages. Some of them on the fashion designer's page and some on a guy named Carlo's page. From what I've read about Carlo he's sets up concerts or something along those lines.

You can't really pretend to be someone else on MySpace and get away with it for more than a day or so unless that person really doesn't care

You can too have a fakemyspace up for more than a day. I know a guy who has a fake one for an author that's been up for more than a year. And he's 'friends' with other people who also have fake myspaces for famous people. How do they stay up? I wouldn't say that no one 'cares' but I do think many of them don't know it, or take it as a grain of salt knowing everyone must know it's fake or only for fun.

But he did actually meet the niece of the writer through his fake site, and the girl didn't know it wasn't really her uncle. When she found out it was a young guy playing around, she thought it was funny, and they became real friends!

U2Kitten said:

You can too have a fakemyspace up for more than a day. I know a guy who has a fake one for an author that's been up for more than a year. And he's 'friends' with other people who also have fake myspaces for famous people. How do they stay up? I wouldn't say that no one 'cares' but I do think many of them don't know it, or take it as a grain of salt knowing everyone must know it's fake or only for fun.

But he did actually meet the niece of the writer through his fake site, and the girl didn't know it wasn't really her uncle. When she found out it was a young guy playing around, she thought it was funny, and they became real friends!

From what I've noticed though of pages for these celebs, don't most of them specify that they're fan-made pages? I've seen quite a few that don't say that, but many do. If it's a fan-page I don't think anyone cares, it probably works similar to a message board. If they're pretending to actually be that person though..:tsk: That goes for anyone who creates a fake Myspace/Facebook/Bebo, etc. I have some friends who have made pages for other friends that don't want them and it really makes me angry. If someone doesn't want one, it's for a reason. And maybe Lies was thinking of the fake Ali page that she mentioned a few months ago, that was taken down pretty quickly? I'm not sure, but I've seen sites for celebs that were found to be fake deleted by the mods or whatnot at Myspace. It would be a lot easier to remove a fake page for a celebrity simply because there can't be 500 of the same person. If someone had created a fake page for, let's say one of Bono's girls, it would be easier, because they're not technically "famous" per se. I doubt the mods at Myspace are really intent on looking for fake pages on children of celebs. After all these kids are normal like anyone else (as are their parents, really) and they shouldn't have to worry about some creeper making up a fake page for them or trying to "be" them. That would freak me out.:|

U2isthebest said:

. After all these kids are normal like anyone else (as are their parents, really) and they shouldn't have to worry about some creeper making up a fake page for them or trying to "be" them. That would freak me out.:|

Thats already happen to eve hewson .

U2isthebest said:

And maybe Lies was thinking of the fake Ali page that she mentioned a few months ago, that was taken down pretty quickly?

Yep, that was it. It lasted all of ten minutes before some folks caught on and reported it. I don't even think they needed "proof" from the actual person to take it down.

So yeah, if someone makes a fake page and people actually report it, it WILL get taken down. The site owners and admins do NOT want the liability of possible libel suits over something as trivial as a public profile. If no one cares or reports it, it will last indefinitely.

I've had one up of me, that was supposedly me, and I had my friends report it. It was then NOT TAKEN down by the site, but taken down after we threatened the person (an ex-psycho friend of mine).

I'm not sure, I don't really get the myspace thingy of how that works.. because we reported it about a hundred times...

I just did a search for Jordan and Eve, and both their profiles are private and those pics don't really look like them. Hmp.

I could be wrong though. :(

I just read a few articles on Sebastian Clayton and it said he's a web designer....

What's this about him being a fashion designer?

No, Sebastian isn't the fashion designer, it's a woman named Patrice. Sebastian seems to post a lot of comments on her site.

So, are there any real good detectives on this board? I've still been "watching" this Adam MySpace page (Adam Clayton Tribute). Now he's added a friend named "Junior" who has a Harley logo as his profile photo (private page though), as well as Julie, which appears to be the wife of Sebastian. LOL, I think I am getting a bit obsessed with this thing, but it is bugging me because whomever has this page is portraying himself as actually being Adam. He just sent out a bulletin that he posted new pics on his page, but all of the pics are readily available online, nothing that would lead you to believe that they were his private pictures. I did send a message and ask who runs the page, but of course got no answer.

The friend "Patrice" that I posted about before, the one that is the fashion designer, seems to post personal messages to him in his comment section, calls him Mr. C, but has U2 listed as "people she'd like to meet." Why would you post diet advice on a person's comment page if you didn't really know them? Anyway, I do think that the Adam page, as well as several others that are his top friends, are all run by the same person (or persons). I would just love to prove it - I hate liars! Okay, I'll quit obsessing now, thanks for listening!

what pictures are posted? Most pics I save have date and event on them, sO I'll identify them for you...

I think it's sad that some people have so much time on their hands :rolleyes:

Galeongirl said:
what pictures are posted? Most pics I save have date and event on them, sO I'll identify them for you...

I think it's sad that some people have so much time on their hands :rolleyes:

If you go to the page and look under his pics section, I think all of the "new" ones he posted are on the last page. One is the picture of the band in Morocco that's on the U2.com site.

Galeongirl said:

:rolleyes: at least Adam would be able to name his songs correctly... it's Your Blue room... not blue room

and I can't view the pics cause I"m not logged in

l_c09aadd92d2c0ee5a52eb55b6a13f595.jpg

l_38294ed7863a8c8132d9a1b04b270883.jpg

l_239b9bc812771c4e90afa864769d75d3.jpg

flossymay said:

haven't seen the first one, the second one is obviously from 2005 since larry has long hair and the third one is from Sydney where they all said a short thing in the mic and Edge glamourously fucked up by saying Melbourne instead of sydney :wink:

Galeongirl said:

haven't seen the first one, the second one is obviously from 2005 since larry has long hair and the third one is from Sydney where they all said a short thing in the mic and Edge glamourously fucked up by saying Melbourne instead of sydney :wink:

The other pictures are just from Cannes and one of Adam in the white tuxedo, wasn't that from the R&H Premiere? Anyway, nothing out of the ordinary.

The one thing that I noticed today that was pretty telling was actually in the picture area. The new friend "Junior," who I am assuming is supposed to be Larry, and Sebastian both posted a comment about a certain picture....the Sebastian comment was from about two months ago, the Larry one a day or so ago. Both comments said almost exactly the same thing, written the same way, with the same punctuation - very obviously typed by the same person.

Back
Top Bottom