New U2 Video of OOTS is Available to View at U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Ellen and Sofia. I'm so happy with it. Even though the sucker burns like a *&^% today. :giggle: But it was worth it.

Ellen definetly wait till your older to start tattooing. We all go thru different things when we are young and you may not feel about something the same way when your older. I waited till I was 29 to start doing this. My best advice is to make a file of images and things that you might like to have done, hold on to them for a while and when your older you'll have things to choose from and alot less regrets about your decisions.

I'd like to say this is my first U2 tattoo, but I have a guitar with wings as well that is all thanks to Edge. Him and his darn t-shirts will probably cause more tattoos in the future.

Sonja low self-esteem does suck! I've suffered from it my whole life. I'm glad that your learning to love yourself more! We all have great qualities about us and we need to remember to focus on the good things and learn to love the other parts about us as well. :hug: :heart:

Wow - thanks all for the beautiful pics!

I finally saw the video this afternoon. I was visiting my fam for the Thanksgiving weekend, and they have crappy internet access, so I just waited until now to watch it.

Words just won't do it justice. The first time I saw it I thought it was a bit weird, but now I love it. It's visually stunning, and so moving. I'm glad U2 steps out of the normal music video bounds, and does something original and unique. This is definitely my favourite of all their videos.

And of course I love the beautiful shots of the guys - and I absolutely LOVE that Bono takes off the shades. :drool:

Thanks for posting the screencaps!

Again, words cannot describe how wonderful, beautiful, poetic and moving this video is!:drool:

If anyone can find out the email links to mtv and or vh1 I will certainly bombard them with emails! I think we all should! The world needs to see this video!!

Russty Cat said:
Thank you Ellen and Sofia. I'm so happy with it. Even though the sucker burns like a *&^% today. :giggle: But it was worth it.

Ellen definetly wait till your older to start tattooing. We all go thru different things when we are young and you may not feel about something the same way when your older. I waited till I was 29 to start doing this. My best advice is to make a file of images and things that you might like to have done, hold on to them for a while and when your older you'll have things to choose from and alot less regrets about your decisions.

:yes: I definitely will be waiting... to be honest, I have a list made already of possible choices... :shifty: :wink:

I hope your tattoo gets better soon :hug: so you can show it off to everyone very easily without any pain whatsoever :wink:

sorry to be a bother, but any chance you could post a pic of your guitar with wings tattoo? :)

Some stills I made the other day.
So pretty. :heart:

Btw, Russty, I still can't believe how awesome the tatoo turned out! I'm glad the still worked out! :hug:

OOTS6.jpg

OOTS11.jpg

OOTS7.jpg

OOTS2.jpg

youtooellen said:

:yes: I definitely will be waiting... to be honest, I have a list made already of possible choices... :shifty: :wink:

I hope your tattoo gets better soon :hug: so you can show it off to everyone very easily without any pain whatsoever :wink:

sorry to be a bother, but any chance you could post a pic of your guitar with wings tattoo? :)

tatwork005.jpg

There ya go. :) Its no bother at all. The poor little guitar has gotten lonely so eventually its going to get 4 or 5 guitars to join it on my arm. All with wings. When its all done my arm will be a full sleeve tattoo. Hopefully after the holidays we will get to start working on that.

And I'm glad your waiting. But don't worry about the list I had one for a very long time too. :giggle:

Bri :hug: Thank you so much for the screen capture! It was perfect for my artist to work from. She looked at it throught the session and it really helped get the shading right.

And maybe I'm just a goofball but I find it rather funny that Jack In The Box's Edge Avi is looking down to my Edge Avi who is looking up! They are checking themselves out! :lmao:

Russty Cat said:
tatwork005.jpg

There ya go. :) Its no bother at all. The poor little guitar has gotten lonely so eventually its going to get 4 or 5 guitars to join it on my arm. All with wings. When its all done my arm will be a full sleeve tattoo. Hopefully after the holidays we will get to start working on that.

that's so pretty :drool:..
4 or 5 guitars to join it :ohmy:
oh man, I can't wait til I'm old enough to get tattoos as awesome as that :hyper:
thanks for posting the pics! :happy:

Why isn't this new OOTS video now available on iTunes, for those of us who have the new video iPod?

:kicks iTunes:

Okay, so I have the performance OOTS video from iTunes ... but I want this one, darnit. And I don't have cable TV.

:mad:

Russty Cat said:

tatwork005.jpg

And I'm glad your waiting. But don't worry about the list I had one for a very long time too. :giggle:

Bri :hug: Thank you so much for the screen capture! It was perfect for my artist to work from. She looked at it throught the session and it really helped get the shading right.

Very very pretty!! I love the wings. :)

Thanks Wenda and Ellen :D My guitar is definetly one of my fav tattoos. Its all Edges fault. :wink:

I do have to just warn you now Ellen, tattoos are addicting and anyone who tells you they aren't is full of it. :lol:

Tell me how VH1 can play Mariah Carey twice or even three times within an hour and 1/2 and Kelly Clarkson at least twice and not manage to play U2's new video at all this morning. :banghead:

Russty Cat said:
Thanks Wenda and Ellen :D My guitar is definetly one of my fav tattoos. Its all Edges fault. :wink:

I do have to just warn you now Ellen, tattoos are addicting and anyone who tells you they aren't is full of it. :lol:

Edge just makes us all do bizarre things.. :wink:

:yes: I've heard from many of my friends that tattoos are addicting. but I'm sure that I won't get too many though.
but then again.. there really isn't a number for 'too many'.. :hmm: :wink:

Bono's Doll said:
Tell me how VH1 can play Mariah Carey twice or even three times within an hour and 1/2 and Kelly Clarkson at least twice and not manage to play U2's new video at all this morning. :banghead:

I've yet to see their video on mtv or vh1. :|
number of times I've seen their video on tv in general: zero

:huh:

i_love_adam said:
While waiting for the video to download, I think it should be Adam's turn to star in a video! Especially now cos he's made a 180 degree turnabout.

From the HTDAAB album:
1]Vertigo
2]Miracle Drug
3]Sometimes
4]Love and Peace or Else
5]City of Blinding Lights
6]All Because of You
7]A MAN AND A WOMAN
8]Crumbs
9]One Step Closer
10]OOTS
11]Yahweh
12]Fast Cars

I think Adam should star in the A Man and A Woman video (if they every make one) cos it's his favourite song off the album. Just him and some actress acting like...:huh:... I dunno...:wink:

Me, me, meeeee! Can I be the actress?
Pleeeasee

Thanks everybody for the pix -- they're HUGE!!!

Sraphim, I am your fan!!!!

question: this kind of video is a sort of "concept art"?
How do you call this technique?

I really love it!

This video is great -- so different from all the things U2 has done in the past. I am happy. I suppose it's gonna become a favourite of mine!!!

WOW - finally saw the video in its entirety (thanks to whoever it was that posted the link). Its breathtaking. Glad to see they did something entirely original (original...of the species!)

Holy mama!!! That's one wonderful video. The first part of it I was wondering WTH? a bit, but as soon as the guys showed up .. well, sell my clothes, I've gone to heaven. :drool:

Talk about 4 gorgeous mature men ... I admit .. I got a little teary-eyed. The concept of it was wonderful -- I think it followed the sentiments of the song very, very well. But I can't help but keep looking at those 4 faces.

Russty Cat said:

ellen I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that. :giggle: But then again most anything can inspire a tattoo for me.

6379da5d.jpg

I can't believe you've already designed and gotten this tattoo!! It's wonderful!

I got my first tattoo this summer at the tender age of 52. My daughter and I went together. I designed a Celtic crescent moon with three "Celtic" stars along the edge -- one for the three great loves of my life -- my deceased mother, my daughter, and my husband.

This video reminds me of my loves.

swandiver said:
Russty Cat said:

ellen I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that. :giggle: But then again most anything can inspire a tattoo for me.

6379da5d.jpg

I can't believe you've already designed and gotten this tattoo!! It's wonderful!

I got my first tattoo this summer at the tender age of 52. My daughter and I went together. I designed a Celtic crescent moon with three "Celtic" stars along the edge -- one for the three great loves of my life -- my deceased mother, my daughter, and my husband.

This video reminds me of my loves.

Swandiver that is so great! I hope when I'm 52 I'm still having fun and getting tattoos. The sentiment behind your tattoo is a beautiful thing. Definetly something you can treasure your whole life. :heart:

There was just something so strong about the image that spoke to me. I normally take a very long time to design my tattoos and think on them before I have them done. This one just felt so right. And it was fun to be able to have the tattoo done before the video was even really airing on tv. I've gotten lots of compliments on it already. Last night a tattoo shop owner stopped me and looked at it for a while and said it was one of the most creative original tattoos he'd seen in a long time. I of course blamed it all on Bono. :giggle: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom