New U2 iPod release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is so exciting, I heard this news today. Wish I could afford an Apple U2 iPod, but I had a sneaky feeling that to wait a bit the price might drop or something would change and/or improve.

Carek1230 said:
That is so exciting, I heard this news today. Wish I could afford an Apple U2 iPod, but I had a sneaky feeling that to wait a bit the price might drop or something would change and/or improve.

They have improved a bit. It's 20 dollars cheaper and has a color instead of a monochrome screen. But 329 is still a bit expensive. Might be soemthing to consider, though I hate iPod software and how they organize their lists.

I have a mini but was DYING to get the U2 iPod. Because of the price I just got the mini but now that the colour screen is coming out, I may just bite the bullet and get it. Not sure though...that's quite the pretty penny.

OMG!! That is GREAT! I waited to buy the Ipod becasue I wanted the concert tickets first, but I will buy that new Ipod maybey next month for my birthday!! Plus yeat I was looking a the I-pod magazine and there is cool leather case (red and Black) for the
for the U2 ipod it sells at $40.00 none the less Ill look for it at a cheaper price but it would be worth it to make sure my pod does not scratch
I have the baby blue Ipod Mini and i love it!!

iPods have always seemed way overpriced for what you're actually getting. You can get over 40GB external hard drive (which is basically what an iPod is) for less than $100. I've got an mp3/CD-R/CR-RW player that was $35 and of course will play 700MB (almost 1GB) of mp3s. However, I am jealous of something slightly more compact and transportable....for all those instantly dropping their minis in favor of the new U2 edition, I'm in the market for a used player :D

I could never part with my mini. It's pink and so pretty and also engraved. I named her Pinky Tuscadero!

That is impressive that they are selling enough of these things to follow up with a second edition. I wonder if any other artist out there has the fanatical fanbase that U2 has? I bought my U2 right after they came out. I figured everyone would have one by now. Looks cool.

I love mine ...
IM001182.jpg

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
I engraved my blue mini "Dream Out Loud"

I did choose blue for Bono's blue eyes!:wink:

Mine says: (and mango is a nickname I share with my best friend)

Wendy aka Mango
The Mangopod

So pretty! And pink is one of my favourite colours so there you have it, lol.

I love yours too, seajewel, lol. It's so pretty!

Heh I just got my u2 ipod about three weeks ago for birthday present from both of my parents, and my u2 tickets, paid off...nothing else at all but worth it.

Now they come out with this.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
iPods have always seemed way overpriced for what you're actually getting. You can get over 40GB external hard drive (which is basically what an iPod is) for less than $100. I've got an mp3/CD-R/CR-RW player that was $35 and of course will play 700MB (almost 1GB) of mp3s. However, I am jealous of something slightly more compact and transportable....for all those instantly dropping their minis in favor of the new U2 edition, I'm in the market for a used player :D

My husband bought one for me for mother's day so I could take it to the hospital. I'm glad I had it. The other woman in the room had a lot of noisy visitors and I could just put in the ear phones and go to sleep. It didn't keep falling off the bed like the discman I have.

Seriously guys. I bought my U2ipod back in Dec. I just sold it for 260 on ebay. You can get the new u2ipod+color for 309 with the educational discount. $49 dollars for the color screen and a new battery aint bad.

I've got a pink mini too! for my birthday my mum had somehow got a copy of their signatures and had them engraved on the back!

evieangelique said:
Yeah, I got my U2 iPod in January, so it's not like I saw this coming, but still. Frustrating! :sad:

I got mine back in November (my family all chipped in to get it for me for Christmas, and they couldn't stand to make me wait). When I read about the updated one, I was so bummed out. But then it's like, okay...at least I have an iPod of some sort. How spoiled am I gonna be that I'm gonna get all devastated over something like that? And since I've had it for the past 7 months, I have gotten so much joy out of it than if I'd waited until now. :drool:

Back in April, I was walking my boyfriend's dog, and she took off running and pulled me down. My iPod went flying and ended up with a big gouge on a corner...but it still works! My boyfriend said if it would have broken, he would have bought me a new one.

:hmm:

Mayhaps I should walk the dog again...take them both out at the same time even! :wink:

Kidding, kidding!

*cough*

:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom