New Pictures from Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ballykissangel said:
These photos are lovely and it is totally wonderful that Bono is being recognized and honored.

However, I can't get this out of my head...

...this is just a thought and probably deserves an entire thread, but...

doesn't it kind of concern you that Larry and Adam have not been to any of the recent goings on. I mean...didn't they ALL record
HTBA? so they all should've been on the Today show or at the Golden Globes.

You'd think that Larry and Adam would want to show up to honor Bono.

Seems like U2 is now Those2...

I know.
When Bono commented at the Grammys that he was a fan of Destiny's Child, I didn't think he meant all the member changes :scratch: ;)

ballykissangel said:
These photos are lovely and it is totally wonderful that Bono is being recognized and honored.

However, I can't get this out of my head...

...this is just a thought and probably deserves an entire thread, but...

doesn't it kind of concern you that Larry and Adam have not been to any of the recent goings on. I mean...didn't they ALL record
HTBA? so they all should've been on the Today show or at the Golden Globes.

You'd think that Larry and Adam would want to show up to honor Bono.

Seems like U2 is now Those2...

Yeah. I'm not really worried about it but it does look a bit odd. Maybe Larry and Adam are doing some stuff for the new album while their bandmates carry out a bunch of commitments. I don't think Larry and Adam like these commitment deals........they're shy, so they don't like award shows and big time public stuff the way Bono, in particular, does.

...em..yes, that's a good point about them not liking this sort of thing, but...after all, they are a group and that is why they are still as strong as ever after 20 years of being together...em, I just hope Larry & Adam aren't giving up (that's too strong a phrase, I tink, but ...er..you know what I mean?). There really never was a John & Paul in U2, just as there wasn't a George & Ringo...

....and not to show for the Musicares award for Bono...really, what could be more important to the group....they can always record..it was just one night...

it just makes me feel a little sad
:(

SpanishEyes21 said:
I dont think these 2 have been posted yet.

1045941263.3221594236.jpg
:love: :love:

ok is it just me or is there something on bono's tongue?

lol, it looks like a red life saver. :lol:

*edited because i quoted the wrong picture. lol.

Last edited:
wow :love: great photos! this is true pleba material.

ali and bono have beautiful daughters. i am curious to see how thier sons will look when they grow up. they are a good looking family.

everyone looks happy and healthy and rested! :yes:

i wish Larry and Adam were there. i want to see updated pics of them too. :( :sigh:

Bono with Gwen and Gavin thumbs? Pretty please? And Sherry's Ali ones too? We'd be eternally grateful :bow:

I don't need a whole ZIP file, just a few please! :hyper:

ballykissangel said:
...em..yes, that's a good point about them not liking this sort of thing, but...after all, they are a group and that is why they are still as strong as ever after 20 years of being together...em, I just hope Larry & Adam aren't giving up (that's too strong a phrase, I tink, but ...er..you know what I mean?). There really never was a John & Paul in U2, just as there wasn't a George & Ringo...

....and not to show for the Musicares award for Bono...really, what could be more important to the group....they can always record..it was just one night...

it just makes me feel a little sad
:(

I know, it just doesn't look right. But they're probably happy with the arrangements. I'll bet Larry in particular wanted to be in front of the press, etc, etc, like that about like he wants a hole in his head. :lol: :lol:

It seems Larry and Adam aren't so much buddies as Bono and Edge. I think Bono and Edge are really friends, while Larry and Adam are like friendly work associates but not someone you'd hang out with on your own time. Larry sometimes hangs with them but Adam is usually the loner. He's always been different from them. He has no wife and kids like them and in the early times had different religious beliefs. They're just not as tight as Bono and Edge.

I did read a recent quote by Larry that he and Adam were not invited to the Golden Globes. I don't want to be controversial but I've always thought Larry and maybe Adam avoided Bono's award dinners (Love Rocks, Simon Wiesenthal, Irish American Historical Society, MusicCares, etc.) is because he's annoyed with the time Bono spends on his extracurricular activites and the time it takes from the band. Could very well be wrong, just an idea. Please don't flame:reject:

pics= :drool: :yes:

Desire4Bono said:
It seems Larry and Adam aren't so much buddies as Bono and Edge. I think Bono and Edge are really friends, while Larry and Adam are like friendly work associates but not someone you'd hang out with on your own time. Larry sometimes hangs with them but Adam is usually the loner. He's always been different from them. He has no wife and kids like them and in the early times had different religious beliefs. They're just not as tight as Bono and Edge.

I did read a recent quote by Larry that he and Adam were not invited to the Golden Globes. I don't want to be controversial but I've always thought Larry and maybe Adam avoided Bono's award dinners (Love Rocks, Simon Wiesenthal, Irish American Historical Society, MusicCares, etc.) is because he's annoyed with the time Bono spends on his extracurricular activites and the time it takes from the band. Could very well be wrong, just an idea. Please don't flame:reject:

pics= :drool: :yes:

I'm not flaming you, but you're totally wrong. <g> All four guys are very tight, very close buddies. Prolly moreso now than they ever have been before. Bono has talked about how the band gets frustrated sometimes by his absences, but they fully support his quest -- even financially at times.

As for why Larry and Adam were not there is anyone's guess. Perhaps they are really pushing a deadline, or perhaps both happen to have had other, more urgent, commitments on that day. But I'm pretty sure -- pretty damn sure -- it's got nothing to do with any sort of lack of support for Bono. They're more than proud of him, and I'm sure that if they could, they would have been there to show their support. :)

Last edited:
Well, just seems kinda strange they are NEVER there for those things. If they support him so much you think they'd go out of their way to make it at least once.

The part about Adam not being so tight with them has nothing to do with the awards thing, he never was. He just wasn't. No offence to anyone, but it's pretty clear he isn't, if you read all the stories and watch pics of them together.

Bono is more likely to be seen hanging with Gavin and Guggi in his spare time than any band member, but if he does, it's usually Edge. Tell me,when was the last time you saw an 'out on the town' non-U2 related pic or story about Bono hanging around with Larry or Adam? I'm not being rude, really, it's just the way it is. It's none of our business of course, and I'd never have mentioned it if someone else hadn't first.

It wasn't my opinion that Larry and Adam weren't invited to the Golden Globes, that was a fact. Larry stated it in an interview I read posted here and elsewhere.

Last edited:
I have to disagree too about Adam and Larry not being close. It's been pretty well documented that after the Zoo TV/Zooropa tour, they spent more than a year together in New York and that Larry was instrumental in helping Adam get his head straight after the Sydney fiasco. They just seem to be more private and less comfortable in the spotlight than Bono and Edge.

As far as showing support for Bono, I'm sure they've done so privately, and that they are proud of his accomplishments and accolades. They've both said that they admire and respect Bono for his activism even if it sometimes takes him away from the band.

That said, I really, really hope the WHOLE band shows up for the Oscars. :yes:

If Larry and Adam truly weren't invited to the Golden Globes it was probably because it's a really small event and the band wasn't performing, so the HFPA invited Bono and Edge because they're listed as the song's writers. I'm thinking that probably the whole band will be at the Oscars since they do get to perform there and this is a really huge deal, seems like U2 has been working forever to get an Oscar nod.

As far as Larry and Adam not being at the MusiCares event, I don't think it's necessarily them not being as close to Bono as Edge (really there are thousands of examples throughout the history of the band of how close all of them are as a group and as individuals), I think it might be more about them saying that this is a Bono thing and not a U2 thing.

show_bono07.jpg

Bono: ::strikes GQ Man pose::

show_bono09.jpg
Merry.jpg

Hmmm...

show_bono11.jpg

Bono: I'M KING OF THE WOOOORRRRLLDD!!!!

Edited: because Dot is an idiot.

Dot.

Last edited:
I second U2Soul and dsmith on the closeness of Larry and Adam to the other members of the band. Just because they don't seem to hang out as much at public events doesn't mean they're not close. I mean, that would mean that Salman Rudshie and Dr. Ruth are closer to Bono than two of his own bandmates. Does that make any sense?

Yeah Larry did spend a year with Adam in NYC to help him clean up. Adam once attended a speech that Edge had to give just to be supportive because Edge was nervous. Adam is reportedly the most loyal friend of all four; Bono, introducing him at a concert once on the Elevation tour, called him "the best mate anyone could ever have." Bono and Larry have a special bond because Larry's mother died just before they left Ireland to go get their record deal and it was Bono who came knocking on Larry's door, telling him he knows how he feels, but he's GOT to do this...And from then on Bono was a great source of comfort for Larry during those kind of scary early years.

...Oh and, um, according to C.M.M., Bono always steals Larry's shoes. What more proof do you need than that??

<g>

dot.

Last edited:
I agree that maybe they didn't want to go because it was a Bono thing and not a U2 thing. But I also think they could have just attended and not performed. I think it's great that Edge was there. I also don't think it's the end of the world that the other guys were't there.

I also think that Larry's comment about not being invited to the golden globes was a joke. I saw the interview and he was laughing. He's just as much a part of U2 as Bono and Edge and it's a U2 song. He performed on it so he probably just didn't want to go.

PaleBlueDot, what and when was that speech you are referring to about Edge and Adam? Sounds familiar, I just can't place it.

PaleBlueDot said:
I second U2Soul and dsmith on the closeness of Larry and Adam to the other members of the band. Just because they don't seem to hang out as much at public events doesn't mean they're not close. I mean, that would mean that Salman Rudshie and Dr. Ruth are closer to Bono than two of his own bandmates. Does that make any sense?

Adam is reportedly the most loyal friend of all four; Bono, introducing him at a concert once on the Elevation tour, called him "the best mate anyone could ever have." Bono and Larry have a special bond because Larry's mother died just before they left Ireland to go get their record deal and it was Bono who came knocking on Larry's door, telling him he knows how he feels, but he's GOT to do this...And from then on Bono was a great source of comfort for Larry during those kind of scary early years.

...Oh and, um, according to C.M.M., Bono always steals Larry's shoes. What more proof do you need than that??

<g>

dot.

I totally agree too. I think Bono called Adam "the best mate..." during the Irving Plaza club show Dec 2000. Remember that Adam was Bono's best man in 1982.

Back
Top Bottom