"New" Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philo_2727

The Fly
335%3B349923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D896%3D489%3Dxroqdf%3E232335438%3C53%3Bot1lsi

I hadn't seen this picture before but I don't think its a recent photo...

Anyway, I found this in the paper, USA today, (Nov 15th) so alot of you have probably seen it already but I hadn't seen it posted here yet so......

Some interesting quotes/tidbits from the artical:

U2's Beautiful Day (U2's concert at Slane Castle) will be airing on Nov. 29th on CBS at 10 p.m. ET/PT

Edge:
"The real tragedy of of POP is that it could have been a huge adventurous record if we'd had two more months to finish"

Larry:
"Rock Bands need to be challeged. We took the attitude that some of thost people (teen pop acts) were making very good pop music. Do we fighht it of compete with it? Beautiful Day was us competing with Britney Spears"
He laughs and adds: "Ok, she won, but we don't see that as a threat. Its a challege. We don't want to be part of some rock elite. We want to be on radio and MTV."

Edge says U2 needs more of that drive and talent to ensure a third decade of success. Chemistry is key.

It was a fairly long artical wich was nice and the picture is nice and big! :)

-Blue

Philo_2727 said:

I hadn't seen this picture before but I don't think its a recent photo...

You're right...it's definitely an AB-era photo. I've seen other pics from that shoot, but I never saw that pose before. Thanks for the pic and info!

isn't that in the AB cd book? *checks cd book*

is there a *smacks self in the head while laughing at own stupidity* smiley? i know there's a JT edge pic like that i could maybe use, maybe i should go find it and post that instead.

it's a VARIATION of what's in the AB booklet, i am an idiot.

:banghead: :reject:

my brother called me today and said that he's going to be taping "a one hou u2 thing on a channel we actually get on friday"...after much interrogation involving nearly making him read the whole article in the tv guide over the phone, as well as a trip to cbs's website (which has info, "vote for your favourite u2 album from 1990-2000" which leaves off zooropa, and a rather lame "guess the lyrics" quiz), i found out it's the slane castle special!! and to make things better (because my family has a very unreliable vcr), i'm going to be home to watch it anyway! my brother said he's still going to tape it, he's not going to let me tape it because he thinks i'm going to mess up the vcr. i taught him how to programme that thing...heh, i'd probably leave the playstation hooked up and the tape would all be fuzz. it's not funny, the cd player in the living room doesn't work so in order to play music i have to either run my discman through the vcr and use the tv speakers, or use the playstation...

eeep. appologies for writting that much.

That pic is being used to promote the new compilation, right? I think so because yesterday I found it on one of my mum's mags above a short article talking about U2 recording their new album. Anyway, I love the pic! All the AB era pics are wonderful! :love:

i think it's funny the bison are on the compilation CD. people who don't know and love U2's little quirks are going look at it and say "what the hell is this?"

LOL- i think this photo is funny! Not in a mean way. Some fan created his own tourbook and put this photo on the front. I love the way fans put themselves in photos with the band....

indexcover.jpg

ok, so i am turning this thread into my own random photo thread. i'm sure there is one out there dedicated to this topic already, but I am too lazy to find it.

here's one of a poorly designed U2 slot machine:

U2inVegas.gif

elizabeth said:
ok so this isn't really funny or random, but i just thought some of you might like the pants Adam is wearing....

U2_Framed.jpg

ROWR!!!!@adam's pants

hehehe *has the same pair*

Back
Top Bottom