New pic of Bono at court in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
financeguy said:

I'll be honest.

I know people that know Ossie Kilkenny.

I wouldn't throw round an insinuation like that, unless you can back it up.

Cheers!

Indeed, you wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Cheers right back at you.

biff said:

Do you have any idea how completely vile that remark is? Do you actually know what Stalin did, and how many millions of deaths he was responsible for?

Back to reality, she was clearly a bad employee from very early on. Have you actually read her book? Even she couldn't disguise the fact that she was negligent. "Toeing the party line"? I don't think so, because she never did.
I'm curious why are you so inflamed about this, and so convinced that U2 are being monsters?

That's because I refuse to buy into the myth being perpetuated around here that Ms Cashman is necessarily some kind of fruitcake and that U2, JUST BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE, are completely blameless.

U2 are not saints and I refuse to hold that they are, no matter what trousers they wear.

I just threw in Stalin to wind people up. It worked! :wink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ono30.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/06/30/ixhome.html

In court, she stood by the book's claim that she was apprehensive about working for U2, because she believed rock stars to be spoilt.

"I did believe that and I believe that now," she said.

Um, why take the job then?

She told the circuit civil court in Dublin: "When I am dressing Bono the room's quiet, and there's only me and Bono in the room."

It was during those quiet moments that Bono handed her things and that was why no other member of the U2 crew saw her receive them. "I didn't think it was any big deal," she said. "It was just memorabilia."

Did Lola only dress Bono? What about the others? She doesn't appear to mention the rest of the band.

* a cardboard Christmas decoration made by a fan

Whats the listed book value of this item? :love:

Bono's controversial trousers are three-quarter length, high-waisted black pants with a subtle stripe worked into the weave. Lola later explained they were purposely cropped because he used to tuck his normal strides into his boots when on-stage, but as he started to sweat, they would chaff his legs. She had a number of truncated pairs made in different sizes to take account of the singer's fluctuating weight, "so he wouldn't get down about it".

Larry didn't give evidence. His colleague was first to take the stand, choosing not to swear on the bible but affirm the oath instead.
:shrug:

kellyahern said:
If I were Cashman, I'd be worried. It looks like Larry came prepared :yikes:

8e0cc3d3.jpg

If I were her, I wouldn't mess with Mr Mullen.

And that's why i respect him so much. :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
No, the timing to me speaks more about that Bono is now a Nobel Prize nominee, he talks to presidents, he's not just a rock star anymore. And "embarrassing Polaroids" are just not allowed.

Yeah, I guess he's trying to get those "embarrassing polaroids" before his run for the Irish presidency.:huh:

kellyahern said:

This is completely of topic I know but, is this guy (on the right) bono's European bodyguard. I thought he was Edge's but here he is with Bono!

Has anyone seen John Sampson on the job in Europe??

i'm just curious about these things:wink:

greety said:

This is completely of topic I know but, is this guy (on the right) bono's European bodyguard. I thought he was Edge's but here he is with Bono!

Has anyone seen John Sampson on the job in Europe??

i'm just curious about these things:wink:

I've seen John in other photos in Europe, but I think you're right. That guy is Edge's bodyguard.

Maybe it was John's day off, so Bono borrowed Edge's bodyguard/ :lol:

blueeyedgirl said:

That's because I refuse to buy into the myth being perpetuated around here that Ms Cashman is necessarily some kind of fruitcake and that U2, JUST BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE, are completely blameless.

U2 are not saints and I refuse to hold that they are, no matter what trousers they wear.

I just threw in Stalin to wind people up. It worked! :wink:

If we all want to battle for the underdog, there are real fights to be fought in this world. Lola Cashman is not some poor defenseless lamb being slaughtered by the U2 abbatoir. If you can't tell just by the tone of the excerpts from her book and her sandbox attempts to humiliate Bono and the band with the weak ammunition she has, then you have a grudge against U2 for some reason, and everyone should remember that.

And this nonsense about Bono wanting to suppress things for political reasons -- my God, do you know nothing of the man, his track record for the last 25 years? A ridiculous contention. And there seems to be a whole lot of supposin' that these Polaroids involve band members and farm animals. Isn't it sad how unempathetic we can all be? Imagine having someone you trusted in on your inner circle activities betray your trust? Friends who took photos of you partying with your friends, goofing around, who then decided to post them on the Internet or show your parents or whatever? Forget friends even -- what if the guy who cuts your grass, who has access to your back yard, took photos of your cellulite hanging out the back of your suit while you were in the wading pool, and then posted them on the bulletin board at the neighborhood Shop Rite? You would be indifferent to that? I'm not breaking any rules of God or humanity when I get out of bed in the morning, but if some guy I trusted in my bedroom took photos of me on the way to the bathroom and passed them around, I'd make damn sure I killed him before I killed myself. And U2 are different than us because, why, they're rich? Gimme a break. If you want to make Stalin comparisons and fight the good fight against a vicious Goliath, start with PhRMA.

And biff, please be careful what you say about tough guy accountant Ossie, or else he'll come to your house and break all your pencil points...

kellyahern said:

I've seen John in other photos in Europe, but I think you're right. That guy is Edge's bodyguard.

Maybe it was John's day off, so Bono borrowed Edge's bodyguard/ :lol:

Yeah, John is still working in Europe. We ran into him at The Clarence on Sunday, after Bono left for the races.

greety said:
hey Flavia, have you seen bono around too?
I mean anywhere else but on stage?:wink:

Unfortunately, not.

I was drinking in The Porterhouse when somebody comes in and tell us:" You might want to finish your pint NOW because they are at the hotel"

So I gulped down my pint and run around the corner, but Edge and Bono had already gone in. :huh:

I stayed for another 10 minutes to see if Adam and Larry were going to arrive, btu I decided to leave because I was wrecked and Brian was waiting for me to give me a lift home.

FEELINNUMB said:

If we all want to battle for the underdog, there are real fights to be fought in this world. Lola Cashman is not some poor defenseless lamb being slaughtered by the U2 abbatoir. If you can't tell just by the tone of the excerpts from her book and her sandbox attempts to humiliate Bono and the band with the weak ammunition she has, then you have a grudge against U2 for some reason, and everyone should remember that.

And this nonsense about Bono wanting to suppress things for political reasons -- my God, do you know nothing of the man, his track record for the last 25 years? A ridiculous contention. And there seems to be a whole lot of supposin' that these Polaroids involve band members and farm animals. Isn't it sad how unempathetic we can all be? Imagine having someone you trusted in on your inner circle activities betray your trust? Friends who took photos of you partying with your friends, goofing around, who then decided to post them on the Internet or show your parents or whatever? Forget friends even -- what if the guy who cuts your grass, who has access to your back yard, took photos of your cellulite hanging out the back of your suit while you were in the wading pool, and then posted them on the bulletin board at the neighborhood Shop Rite? You would be indifferent to that? I'm not breaking any rules of God or humanity when I get out of bed in the morning, but if some guy I trusted in my bedroom took photos of me on the way to the bathroom and passed them around, I'd make damn sure I killed him before I killed myself. And U2 are different than us because, why, they're rich? Gimme a break. If you want to make Stalin comparisons and fight the good fight against a vicious Goliath, start with PhRMA.

And biff, please be careful what you say about tough guy accountant Ossie, or else he'll come to your house and break all your pencil points...

Well said!

FEELINNUMB said:

A ridiculous contention. And there seems to be a whole lot of supposin' that these Polaroids involve band members and farm animals.

Farm animals? Huh? who the fuck said that?

I started thinking the Polaroids were only just about him in his underwear or some shit like that.. wtf.

FEELINNUMB said:

Well I didn't really mean it that way. :reject:

Just going on newspaper reports at the time of the 'split', I didn't see anything about 'serious financial malpractice', that's all I was saying. :wink:

FEELINNUMB said:
...then you have a grudge against U2 for some reason, and everyone should remember that.

Reading comments like that, I am reminded of the original derivation of the word 'fan' - i.e. it's an abbreviation of 'fanatic'.:ohmy:

financeguy said:

In terms of people that were once part of the inner circle and now seemingly aren't, what about Ossie Kilkenny?

According to the Sunday Times, they weren't happy with the financial performance he was getting on their investments, so they ditched him.

So if you are unhappy about a persons job performance, you should keep that person? :huh:

My father had a finacial advisor to help him invest his retirement funds, but he changed advisors when he was not happy about the amount of growth his investments were getting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom