New pic of Bono at court in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If she did them wrong in whatever way I hope the court rectifies it. I think those Polaroids are private and they should get those back if nothing else. I think I remember reading that she even tried to sell a Bible that Bono had inscribed to her..tacky.

Other than that, Larry looks amazing in that suit

8e0cc3d3.jpg

kellyahern said:
If I were Cashman, I'd be worried. It looks like Larry came prepared :yikes:

8e0cc3d3.jpg

Oh my God, how cute, he looks like Reservoir Dogs gets confirmed!

He DID come prepared, I hope he raps her in her head with that stuff!!

RUSTYNAIL said:
Strange case.
Question 1: How do they fit it all in the middle of a sell out tour.
Question 2: Why would Bono defend her to the rest of the band. Surely if the band want her out she should have been sacked.

The Guardian article makes it sound like it was the management and other crew members:

"Bono said despite the personal difficulties other crew members experienced with Ms Cashman, he had defended her because she had a very good eye as a stylist.

But he said negotiations over her contract had dragged on into the early months of 1988 and the band let her go because they considered her price excessive."

u2log has an interesting article about the case:

http://u2log.com/archive/2005/06/u2_vs_cashman_a_witness_report.php#comments

This Cashman woman is a parasite and well done the band for taking the slimeball to court. It's obviously not about money but the principle and feck the photos. They were taken a long time ago and shouldn't be brought into the public view now. (And anyway, can any one of us say that we haven't done something we'd rather forget that someone has photographed?).

What kinda person gets to work an amazing position like she did in the 80s only to throw it all back in their faces? What kinda person is she? I am so glad the guys have stood up and given her the finger. I hope they win. I hope she ends up looking a fool. In fact, I hope she ends up paying all their court fees as well.. :evil: :evil:

And as for Bono putting on weight, what the feck? I've got a weight problem - it being I get rid of it and it feckin' comes back! Who cares anyway? He's always looked good.

Finally, I'd be very tempted to do something naughty to Bono if it got him to dress up like that..:love: :love: He looks gorgeous..:drool: :drool: Apart from which, I wanna give him a hug..

RUSTYNAIL said:

Question 2: Why would Bono defend her to the rest of the band. Surely if the band want her out she should have been sacked.

I haven't been reading the articles lately, but if you mean "defend" in the legal sense, if he was called by the defense, he has to testify on their behalf whether he likes her or not.

Look at larry in his suit :cute:
how cute
and he's got skinny legs too! :ohmy:

Bono in his shiny number :D thats just too sweet
Im curious to read this womans book now just to see how ludicrous it is.
I thought about buying it a while back and then heard that the author was a real crack job so I got something else instead

u2bonogirl said:
I thought about buying it a while back and then heard that the author was a real crack job so I got something else instead

That's probably why she's grinning like an idiot in all of those pictures. Any publicity is good publicity when you have a book to sell. I'm sure she knows that some people will pick up the book after reading about this case.

Wednesday June 29, 02:53 PM

U2 stylist 'incredibly frightened'

Former U2 stylist Lola Cashman has said she had been incredibly frightened when she was accused of taking items worn by Bono while on tour.

The Irish band is seeking the return of an iconic Stetson hat, a pair of metal hoop earrings, a pair of black trousers and a green sweatshirt, all of which were worn by Bono during the 1987 Joshua Tree tour.

On the second day of the trial at Dublin Circuit Civil Court, Ms Cashman said she had never been made aware of any problem with her possession of the items until she was contacted by U2's lawyer in 2002. "I was intimidated over the phone by a big firm of lawyers. I was incredibly frightened," she said.

Ms Cashman had attempted to put the items up for auction at Christie's in London, but they were held back after U2 questioned their ownership.

She told the court she was given the items as gifts by Bono, who had recruited her to update the band's image. "I did not steal those pieces. They were given to me," she said.

She left the band in 1988 after failing to agree negotiations on a new contract and went on to work as a stylist with George Michael and the Pet Shop Boys. "I was proud of what I had achieved with the band. Bono liked wearing hats and I changed his style slightly," she said.

But senior counsel Paul Sreenan, representing U2, accused her of exaggerating her role in creating the band's image. He produced a 20-second video clip which showed Bono shopping with Barry Devlin, the lead singer of the Irish band, the Horslips, in 1987 and purchasing a black Stetson hat.

Ms Cashman said that hat was not in the U2 wardrobe when she arrived and added that her job was to provide the band with a complete image. "Just because Bono had a Stetson on his head, doesn't create an iconic image. It's a whole compilation of an outfit and a hat," she said.

Her defence counsel, Martin Dully, later brandished the actual Stetson hat in court and got Ms Cashman to confirm that it was a different colour to the hat shown in the video. After the conclusion of Ms Cashman's cross examination, Judge Matthew Deery said he hoped to deliver his judgment in the case next Tuesday.

Ms Cashman is taking defamation proceedings against U2 in the High Court in London, which have been stayed pending the outcome of this case.

This just proves what an idiot she is...never ask for the hat when you could have the underwear!!! Hmm...You can leave your hat on...:drool:

BTW Bono and Larry clean up well, Larry's pants look alittle short though. And the funniest think is that the black automobile they are all climbing out of is a Hyundai... I thought rockstars only ride in Mercedes and Lexus.:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom