NEW photos: Bono at the White House today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by *Ally*:
capt.1016136824bush_foreign_aid_wh106.jpg

*thud*
that profile...
icon26.gif

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
AW!!

1016135719.1812381815.jpg

Gina you're killing me!!! *Thud*

------------------
Lightning flashes across the sky
East to west, do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candlelight.

It is just as important ( more now) to email or send postcards to your State's Congressional rep! Email or call your senator's and Rep's offices!

This is the one time WE can really make a difference. This proposal still has to make it thru the House and Senate. Public opinion can help that happen!

Here's some info that can help you do this if your interested...
http://www.jubileeusa.org/jubilee.cgi?path=/take_action/contacting_congress

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
It is just as important ( more now) to email or send postcards to your State's Congressional rep! Email or call your senator's and Rep's offices!

This is the one time WE can really make a difference. This proposal still has to make it thru the House and Senate. Public opinion can help that happen!

Here's some info that can help you do this if your interested...
http://www.jubileeusa.org/jubilee.cgi?path=/take_action/contacting_congress

THANKS for the information! I will act on this tonight..
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

Unfortunatly only right winger's have posted so far, and there has been no response (except mine-I didn't mention that I am Canadian)!!!

*ahem* Some of us who tend to vote right-wing still are very much in favour of Drop the Debt and other foreign aid. Just to clarify there...don't lump us all into a bunch, eh?
wink.gif

Too much coffee and lots of Bono pics is a dangerous combination... I don't even know if I'm either gonna explode or implode.... better yet, I think I'm on the verge of doing both.

Maybe I should take up meditation or something...

------------------
"Forgive me Father!"- Bono on May 28th after rolling around with me :)

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
*ahem* Some of us who tend to vote right-wing still are very much in favour of Drop the Debt and other foreign aid. Just to clarify there...don't lump us all into a bunch, eh?
wink.gif

Sorry!! I didn't mean any harm. Unfortunatly the people that have been posting there are the one's that give right-wing voters a bad name!!!

I don't usually agree with the whole right/left wing nonsense, since I am usually extremely liberal, but in a few instances I take a much more conservative stand!!

Sorry again!! *hugs*

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
capt.1016137926bush_foreign_aid_wh107.jpg

no words.... *thud*

thanks for that awesome photo!!!

and is it just me, or in those "gettyimages" photos, does bono look a bit suspicious of good ol' dubya?? lol!
wink.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:

and is it just me, or in those "gettyimages" photos, does bono look a bit suspicious of good ol' dubya?? lol!
wink.gif

They kind of remind me of the Bill Gates pic.... it looks like Bush is telling Bono that he is in love with him and Bono is just *don't touch me!!!* LMAO...... everyone loves Bono!

------------------
Lightning flashes across the sky
East to west, do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candlelight.

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 03-14-2002).]

AW again!!

Bono, lead singer of the Irish rock group U2, was asked if he wore his sunglasses when he met with President Bush Thursday, March 14, 2002, in the Oval Office, and he told reporters that yes, he did wear them.

capt.1016139446.bush_foreign_aid_wh108.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 03-14-2002).]

Why doesn't someone call me and tell me when he's going to be in town...

one of these days I'm going to get word of it beforehand....and get over there..

Don't worry...I won't do anything weird. I'll probably just stand on a street corner and watch him walk by or something...but dang it...!!!!!!!!!!!

dream wanderer

President Bush-As you can see, I'm traveling in some pretty good company today: Bono.
(Laughter and applause.) We just had a great visit in the Oval Office. Here's
what I know about him: first, he's a good musician; secondly, he is willing to use
his position in a responsible way. He is willing to lead to achieve what his heart
tells him, and that is nobody -- nobody -- should be living in poverty and
hopelessness in the world.

Bono, I appreciate your heart and to tell you what an influence you've had,
Dick Cheney walked in the Oval Office, he said,"Jesse Helms wants us to listen
to Bono's ideas." (Laughter and applause.)

bono031502.jpg

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 03-15-2002).]

Okay I couldn't resist

Caption Time

No offense to anyone.

psi_preview_LNHANHANHANEJMEJNEJAEJFEHHEJAHANHANHANEJJENJENNEFD.jpg

BUSH: Hey, hey, is it true that you used to call my Daddy when you got bored. Cuz that's really cool, do ya think you could call me sometime. I know my Daddy wouldn't take your calls, but I'll talk to you.

Bono: Um, no and it's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, but if your daughters want to go out for a drink....

Archbishop: Hehehe I won the bet, Hell didn't freeze over.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 03-15-2002).]

Originally posted by daisybean:
Okay I couldn't resist

Caption Time

No offense to anyone.

psi_preview_LNHANHANHANEJMEJNEJAEJFEHHEJAHANHANHANEJJENJENNEFD.jpg

BUSH: Hey, hey, is it true that you used to call my Daddy when you got bored. Cuz that's really cool, do ya think you could call me sometime. I know my Daddy wouldn't take your calls, but I'll talk to you.

Bono: Um, no and it's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, but if your daughters want to go out for a drink....

Archbishop: Hehehe I won the bet, Hell didn't freeze over.

lmfao!!!!!!!!

*sigh* I love him and I'm so proud of him. I just hope people don't get sick of seeing his face in the news (Not us PLEBANS, of course).

This morning my boss came over to me to give me the cover of the NY Post which had a huge pic of Bono and Bush on the cover (there's discussions of it on EYKIW). Then he was like, "Now, what group is he in again?"
rolleyes.gif
Then he said, "Is there anyone else in that group?" I said, "Yeah, three other guys, but you mostly hear about Bono, well because, he is pretty much a ham" (of course, I mean that as a term of endearment)

Last night as I was having my nightly dinner with Peter Jennings, they showed a clip of what went on at the White House yesterday and it was so odd to see the panel of 6 men- 5 of them silver-haired suits, and the sixth, one hot bonolicious man in black suit with open shirt!!!!!

Sorry I rambled......

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:

1016135552.1476862076.jpg

This is what I meant by ABSOLUTE PERFECTION !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm with you girl!!!

Thanks *Ally* and all you girls for this wonderful Bonolicious report!

I hope this thread doesn't *combust* because I just did!!!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Back
Top Bottom