NEW (new) Bono pics! Bono in Berlin, Germany today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merc said:

Sorry :reject: but sometimes I can't help it and just goes :blahblah: when it's better to be :silent:

... but then again, when I think something needs to be said it can't keep quiet, it's just the way I am, I guess - Oh, look at me there I go again :blahblah: :laugh:

Okay, I think I'm just gonna go to bed now - before I get into trouble! :yikes: :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Soul Always said:

Nothing! He looks and says he's unhappy...that's just what people are commenting about. So, people want him to feel better. :banghead:

bono does not look unhappy!!! yes agree unhappy about the situtation in africa! but not unhappy with his family and life.. wtf people putting words in bono's mouth again.. what is wrong here??? grrrrrrrrrrrr sorry getting pissed off!

I agree u2philly! I thought I had missed something!!
I think he looks very tired but not unhappy.

Poor Bono!:bono: :bono: :heart: :kiss: I love ya babe!!

Jamila said:
Let me thank Katey and a few other PLEBAns for their support on my post - I am truly amazed of the overreaction that it produced in this thread. I will stand by my comments (U2 have always been a big supporter of freedom of speech) but let me try to clarify the spirit of my post.:wink:

None of us know what has been happening with Bono over the last few months - all we know is that he has been away from the public and his fan base during much of this time. I NEVER said or even hinted that he was sick or suffering from some ailment.

When I used the word medicine I was using the term figuratively - Bono DOES thrive on contact with people, especially with his fan base, so for him to back out amongst us I DO think is good for his Spirit. This is just my opinion. It really didn't merit all the discussion it received here in this thread.:scratch:

Everyone can see what they feel is truthful for them in Bono's eyes, but I will stand by my observation. Bono may have a bit of sadness or anger or whatever in his eyes for many reasons, but my interpretation of what I see in his eyes is just one's opinion - no one has to agree with it. I respect every person's right to their reasoned opinion and I guess I'm a little surprised that a few people did not read my post WITH THEIR HEART, but simply reacted.

I think some of all of this has happened because we have ALL been waiting for Bono to re-emerge and we maybe are all looking for different things from these pictures. I also think he looks physically healthy and I love the longer hair look.;)

I have a bit more to say but I must go for now. I'm sorry that I even posted now. My post was a positively meant post that was twisted negatively. PEACE AND LOVE. :love:

#1 bono has been in the recording studio, #2 vacationing with family and trying to continue his helping africa. the man is tired at times yes, and sometimes I personally think he doesnt want all the time being around his fans. he wants privacy. He said that in an interview that the drawback about being famous is having privacy especially with is family. being away from fans gives him that. I read your post and everyone's post with respect. noone twisted you post to be negative, there you go again, putting words in our mouth, thinking for us.. good lord!!!

ha I'm back.. don't worry.. dont worry

to everyone I'm kind sorry i stirred things up here .. people might have had hard feelings on a couple of things for that I'm sorry..
i'm just a little ant in this big picture I didnt mean my comments of Africa to sound otherwise.. like I said everyone here has such big hearts you all inspire me..
And Katey, unfortunately -- some people do NOT know the difference.
I know.. like I said sometimes i go off, i have no right to get defensive when people start putting Bono or anyone of them up on that God like level but hey I blame it(my temper) on being irish (ha!!) and I get my back up .. and thanks you made such great points about Bono having an excellent support system with his family and friends should he ever need them no doubt they are on the job .

sorry for getting people all worked up guys..

i am making my apologies to the people who I have angered so U2philly please lets just not slight anyone any longer

Last edited:
u2philly[/i] [B]bono does not look unhappy!!! yes agree unhappy about the situtation in africa! but not unhappy with his family and life.. wtf people putting words in bono's mouth again.. what is wrong here??? grrrrrrrrrrrr sorry getting pissed off![/B][/QUOTE] I agree. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PaleBlueDot said:
I do think he seems to have aged a lot in recent years. What I'd like to impress most upon everyone, though, is that even if he HAS had a shitty day....big whoop! We all have them, life is full of them, and I'd consider him abnormal if he didn't have a BUTTLOAD of them, considering the mad life he lives.

But, i mean, he's got an awesome support system, he's FINE....Lighten up! Life's too short, yo.

Which is all I ever tried to say!!

:happy: it?s the first time I leave a message here and it?s because I?m truly happy to see him again. Thank you who gave us these pics.

No one is saying his unhappiness has anything to do with his family. It is not mean to say he looks unhappy. You act as if that's a direct slap in his face. I could say a lot more, but I won't. Instead I'll keep it inside and feel like this... :angry: :banghead:

Jamila said:
Thanks again to those PLEBAns who are trying to see the Love and Concern behind my observations of the B-man.:hug:

Like many of us, I DO worry about Bono. He has always accepted so much responsibility for the happiness of everyone around him - friends, family, fans and all those millions of people suffering unnecessarily in the world, that I think sometimes he forgets to care of himself.:ohmy:

I think that it is important not only to appreciate everything that Bono gives us, but to encourage him to give to himself! Otherwise, I do not think we are being fair to him. Bono is only a man - a human being who needs to be allowed to be happy, sad, frustrated, angry, confused, hopeful,etc. without us telling him what he should be.

We DO NOT OWN BONO - HE IS A GIFT given to our world.And we might need to elevate his Spirit sometimes as he has always lifted us. :heart: :heart:

I generally don't spend this much time posting because I AM a social activist, very deeply immersed in many of the same social concerns as the B-man. So I would rather spend my time phoning Congresspeople, talking to people about the AIDS pandemic, sending letters to the Myanmar government to release Aung San Suu Kyi than posting about Bono's hair (although it is very handsome) or even the look on his face. :bono: :angel:

I DO KNOW some of the sadness I see in Bono's face because I SEE IT IN MY OWN! It's the look of desparation and utter concern for the millions of African lives being lost to HIV/AIDS for no good reason and trying to move things along faster to save more lives and not always being successful in mobilizing that support from people. So maybe the glint of sadness I think I see in Bono's eyes are the reflection of the concern for Africa that I see in my own! :yes:
:heart: Beautiful post, especially how he is a gift. He truly is a gift, for so many reasons.

*back to the rest of the thread*

...And all the pictures are very nice. I really like that one waaay back on the first coupl of pages where he's giving the peace sign. :)

Soul Always said:
No one is saying his unhappiness has anything to do with his family.

Maybe it was this post that gave people that impression :uhoh:

Originally posted by Soul Always
I don't believe that the source of Bono's unhappiness is Africa. Why would that be? I believe it would be a more personal part of his life.

BluberryPoptart said:

Maybe it was this post that gave people that impression :uhoh:

"I believe it would be a more personal part of his life." So, you think I said he's unhappy in his family. Happiness is not something that can be affected by anyone if you don't let them. I meant no such thing, as far as his family. I meant that it's a personal problem that persists and is not based exclusively on Africa, IMVHO. Unhappiness is something a lot deeper, with deeper, more personal causes. Bono said it's easier for him to find moments of joy then to have a general happiness.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

It's from the Led Zeppelin song "Achilles' Last Stand." I put it with the background of a blue sky and open field as a symbol of the freedom and happiness I wish I had, and what I dream for.

Aww U2kitten I hope all your dreams become a reality!!:hug:

Eek... :uhoh: quite a tiff...

Just want to give some props to everyone posting these pics... been having a rough week of my own so these were just the thing to give me back a smile... :D

As for the row... It's natural for us to worry a bit for the man; inasmuch as none of us 'know' him, his work is a big part of our lives... can't fault people for being concerned, even when it isn't necessarily warranted... :shrug:

This is only my experience speaking here....
There is a bit of a precedent for people to sketch out when a particular celebrity looks "off" in public but denies anything wrong; for us Queen fans it was painfully, horribly obvious that Freddie was very, very sick, yet the acknowledgement of his illness came only 24 hours before his death. Recent appearances by Whitney Houston shocked her fans, so thin as to be skeletal, yet her camp denied any problem up until the revelation that she was in fact in drug rehab.
Now mind you I'm not suggesting in any way that the B-man's latest photos show anything like the aforementioned stars' troubles - no way. He is smiling, and looks fit as any 44-year-old man might, (tho he needs to remember us 'pink Irish' types only get redder in the sun...*grin*)....

Just saying, it's not unreasonable in the current climate for people to worry a little more than usual. But don't jump to conclusions... look at his smile and see for yourself, he's alright. :cool:

well, like i said: I couldn't find the exact link to the story of bono and nobody showed me the site...if anybody is still interested in reading the translation then let me know about the site.

but yesterday i was watching back To The Future and when I switched to MTV i saw an interview with Bono from this thingy. He looked great, but even better in real life than in these pics. :drool: and his voice is getting better i think.....i mean even sexier. :combust:

FallingStar said:
well, like i said: I couldn't find the exact link to the story of bono and nobody showed me the site...if anybody is still interested in reading the translation then let me know about the site.

Are you talking about when he said he's not always a happy person? He just recently said that in Oprah's magazine. The thing about having 2-3 bad days a week. Even Oprah was pretty suprised at that. Anyway -- Lovely article. And cute pix. :)

FallingStar said:
but yesterday i was watching back To The Future and when I switched to MTV i saw an interview with Bono from this thingy. He looked great, but even better in real life than in these pics. :drool: and his voice is getting better i think.....i mean even sexier. :combust:

Someone who heard him sing in November told me he sounds better than he has in YEARS. And that his voice had recently gotten so much better that they actually went back and re-recorded most of the songs on the album. (Just his voice tracks, I mean...and some guitars I think too, actually.) I think that was the big reason for the first delay.

Last edited:
No she's talking about the article on Bono's recent activity in German. She's a German girl and was going to translate for us. But u2tour.de already did. If there is another story in German please post the link here so she can translate it!

U2Kitten said:
No she's talking about the article on Bono's recent activity in German. She's a German girl and was going to translate for us. But u2tour.de already did. If there is another story in German please post the link here so she can translate it!

Ohhhh ok. Gotcha. :)

I?m with most of u, guys!! I love, love, love his new look with long hair!!!!!!! :drool: back to Rattle and Hum look??? yeah!!! I love it!!! He always looks good!!

I have no idea wether he is still here. And furthermore he was in Berllin, that'S almost on the other side of germany...I had school, so I couldn't go - at least I found an excuse. :reject:

FallingStar said:
I have no idea wether he is still here. And furthermore he was in Berllin, that'S almost on the other side of germany...I had school, so I couldn't go - at least I found an excuse. :reject:

And even if you did go when you got there he might be gone anyway, and it was nighttime by then. But you'll find him someday, I know you will, before I ever do! :hug:

I would just like to thank Schmeg for her nice words. Nice words and positive feelings and making Peace with each other is ALL what U2, especially Bono, is about. That is what I am trying to do in this thread, but my olive branch was not accepted by some of us. :yes:

I am ONLY here to extend to ALL in the U2 community the gifts that I have learned from U2 - Love, Peace, Unity, Forgiveness, Positivity, Joy, Grace.:hug: :up:

To have this animosity continue toward me or any other PLEBAn is unfair to us ALL and really should not be tolerated in this thread.
Bono himself has chastised people when they were being unfair to others - should we do no less?

As I said, I harbor no ill will toward anyone who has posted - We ARE ONE and we should carry each other.:bono: :wave:

I REALLY wish we would stop this thread and just be happy that we ALL care for the B-man.
:heart: :heart:
GOD BLESS.

*joins the thread bit late* :D
Great pics!!! :hyper: :hyper: :faint:

kellyahern said:
thumb.php
I know I'm probably crazy :coocoo:,but this pic makes me remember of Macphisto.I miss him :sigh: :drool:

I dont get why people are 'analyzing' whether or not Bono is 'unhappy'. Can you not just enjoy the pictures and not talk about him 'personally'? It's actually borderline against the rules. Please the faq's for more information.

I am getting the feeling this thread is on the way to 'exhaustion' which is worthy of thread closure.

Please try to keep it light, enjoy the pics and discuss them as you like, but Bono's personal life is really no one's business but his :)

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom