NEW (new) Bono pics! Bono in Berlin, Germany today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thumb.php

BluberryPoptart said:

He does NOT look unhappy. Name me one quote where he said he was not happy. Maybe not happy with enough funding for Africa, but not unhappy and miserable or sick in his own life, and nothing to warrant the big deal that has been made of it in this thread :banghead: :rolleyes:

It was either on Oprah's website, the interview you could listen to, or it was in the magazine. Most likely on the website. She asks if he's happy. He says he's not the happiest person. He's melancholy, moody. He has at least two bad days a week. He lives in Ireland..."It's raining."

He has every right not to be happy in his own life if he wants to be, and people have the right to think what they want about it, and to observe that he doesn't look the happiest. I know what happy looks like and he is DOWN, and I don't see why someone else stating this makes others get up in arms!

kellyahern said:

miss-U2 said:
he looks like a doctor on this one

thanx kelly for bringing these new pics

:ohmy: Oh my, a doctor... You're right Emilie! :lmao: I don't even wanna take that tought any further :no: :censored: *Damn, dirty mind* :tsk: I'll be :angel: I promise! :rolleyes: :lol:

Yep, thanks Kelly! :bow:

Last edited:
Soul Always said:
U2Kitten, I know this is off-topic, but where'd you get that quote in your byline?

It's from the Led Zeppelin song "Achilles' Last Stand." I put it with the background of a blue sky and open field as a symbol of the freedom and happiness I wish I had, and what I dream for.

Here is is, since I have a history of changing my sig every few days and then people talking about them makes no sense later;)

lzsig.jpg

It starts off, "It was an April morning when they told us we should go, I turned to you you smiled at me, how could we say no? Oh the months ahead, to live the dreams we always had, oh the songs to sing, when we at last return again...sending off a glancing kiss, to those who claim they know, beneath the streets that steam and hiss, the devil's in his hole..."

I couldn't fit it all in:huh:

Dr. Bono :combust: :sexywink:

Also just wanted to voice without debate that I understood what Jamilla was saying.

I don't think she meant he is/was ill, just that his spirits needed to be lifted.

I have followed more than one tour from the start to near the end and it is true that Bono seems to soak up the love from the audience and it just makes him glow from within when he is performing. So it is noticeable when his eyes look a bit sad, he is indeed working with a very sad subject of aids in Africa.

No one ever said he didn't look HOT as he always does. It's just that first close up pic his eyes look a little sad. :shrug:

Then again for all we really know he could have been thinking ...
eh... mother of pearl I should have stopped after six guinnesses.

U2Kitten said:

It's from the Led Zeppelin song "Achilles' Last Stand." I put it with the background of a blue sky and open field as a symbol of the freedom and happiness I wish I had, and what I dream for.

Here is is, since I have a history of changing my sig every few days and then people talking about them makes no sense later;)

lzsig.jpg

It starts off, "It was an April morning when they told us we should go, I turned to you you smiled at me, how could we say no? Oh the months ahead, to live the dreams we always had, oh the songs to sing, when we at last return again...sending off a glancing kiss, to those who claim they know, beneath the streets that steam and hiss, the devil's in his hole..."

I couldn't fit it all in:huh:

Nice. I like it. It's inspiring.

EPandAmerica said:

No one ever said he didn't look HOT as he always does. It's just that first close up pic his eyes look a little sad. :shrug:

Then again for all we really know he could have been thinking ...
eh... mother of pearl I should have stopped after six guinnesses.

:lol: :yes:

I think it's only natural to want to know what's going on with someone you care about, so to say that someone doesn't have the right to try to find out, I don't agree with that. I think people have the right to care.

We have the right to care, but no, we do NOT have the right to try and find out. It is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. Period.

You know...The members of U2, especially Bono, have always been very good to us. Therefore I think we tend to feel like we are special in some way and have rights to them that most fans of other bands/celebs lack. I know I do sometimes. But, the truth is, we don't. IT'S NOT OUR JOB.

Supporting and comforting him is the job of his closest family and friends...And trust me, they're doing that job just fine. They're probably the ones who made him take that vacation.

In other words, don't worry yourselves so. Someone's looking after him....Someone much better suited for the job than us. ;)

Look you guys...Bono lives a life completely alien to all of us, and there is no WAY we would understand what is going on even if he tried to tell us. All we can do is try to understand that he is HUMAN -- not a saint or an angel sent from God or any of that crap -- HUMAN...And that he experiences highs and lows just like the rest of us. And accept our place in his life (yes, it is important, but NEVER more important than time with his family) and be content with it.

And Katey, unfortunately -- some people do NOT know the difference. :(

Thanks for letting me share...

dot.

Agreed about Bono. Poor Herbert, on the other hand, is wearing what must be one of the ugliest jackets ever created!

Oh um...

Just to clarify, my last post wasn't assuming that I actually agree that he looks sad. Usually when he looks "sad" I think it is actually just jet lag or lack of sleep.

Moreover, I think that to say that he would allow himself to be all sulky in the middle of benefit dinners, galas and whatnot is absurd. He leaves his shit at home, like professionals are supposed to do.

But I do think he seems to have aged a lot in recent years. But that makes plenty of sense -- he's been through a lot over the past few years. More, I think, than we'll ever know. And it should stay that way.

What I'd like to impress most upon everyone, though, is that even if he HAS had a shitty day....big whoop! We all have them, life is full of them, and I'd consider him abnormal if he didn't have a BUTTLOAD of them, considering the mad life he lives. But, i mean, he's got an awesome support system, he's FINE....Lighten up! Life's too short, yo.

miss-U2 said:
Merc, don't start with that :censored: :banghead:

Sorry :reject: but sometimes I can't help it and just goes :blahblah: when it's better to be :silent:

... but then again, when I think something needs to be said it can't keep quiet, it's just the way I am, I guess - Oh, look at me there I go again :blahblah: :laugh:

Okay, I think I'm just gonna go to bed now - before I get into trouble! :yikes: :lol:

kellyahern said:

Hmmm...looking at pics again, I've decided that I still really like the way he looks...but, I would really LOVE to see him just let his hair fall forward in to his face instead of brushed back the way it is here. It just seems like that's what it naturally wants to do. Either way, he's still so beautiful!:love:

Now what about the rest of the guys?! :hyper: :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom