new MPH campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
wasnt certain where to post this but i think PLEBAs a good place to start - not only will you guys appreciate the visuals but you all seem to have good hearts too.

Make Poverty History has a new campaign starting tonight - several stars, all wearing the white bands clicking their fingers. each click represents the death of a child in the developing world to poverty... every 3 seconds!
Kylie, Kate Moss, Bob Geldoff and of course U2 (or is it just Bono? i don't know) star.

go to:
www.makepovertyhistory.com

if you click on the link on the first page now, it'll tell you to come back at 8pm tonight (GMT) so go back later, and while you're there SIGN UP!

just saw it now
looks good, great ad with some big names in it

guys have any of you seen this yet
i thought PLEBA would be scrambling to see moody black and white images of Bono clicking his fingers!

whats wrong with you tonight!!!

Just got home and watched... some powerful stuff..

And yep, already signed up too and had received the email this morning. Thanks for the reminder :D

Thanks for posting this, digsy.

I was just going to post it until I saw your thread so I decided just to join yours.

And if you're still going to Africa soon, take good care and learn a lot. You'll come back a changed person (for the better).
-----------------------------------------------------------

(From Sir Bob Geldof)

Tonight Make Poverty History is going to make television history.

At 19.58, across almost every TV channel, a short film featuring Brad Pitt, Bono, Cameron Diaz and many more famous faces, will show exactly why the opportunity we have this year to bring an end to poverty shouldn't be wasted.

It's called "Click" because in about the time it takes for you to click your fingers a person dies of extreme poverty. Dies, often, for want of medicine that you or I could buy over a counter at any chemist.

Do tell everyone you can to watch the launch of "Click" tonight - it's a really remarkable film. If you can't get to a TV you will be able to see it here after 20.00. Please forward this mail on to a group of your friends, and ask them to join us at www.makepovertyhistory.org too.

Thanks for your support. Together we really can make poverty history.

Bob :applaud:

Yep seen all the clickz lol, its really powerful and its scary to think that we are the ones who can end this war against poverty and tyranny, hopefully come august i can join the fight as im goin off 2 work 4 DATA.

EVERYBODY BUY A BAND!! for just £/$ you can help save millions of dying Africans. Help them in their time of despair. They need you now more than ever before.

Help them help themselves. please.

Back
Top Bottom