New half naked (sort of) Bono pics!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When to my local B&N and they didn't have any at all, but at Hastings books I found the Fall 2004 issue, so I am assuming that the one with Bono should be out in October. :drool:

fyi.... they didn't have it with the other ART mags, they had it in the import section, even though it is not. :shrug:

Just finished de-watermarking the cover. :)

blackbookcover.jpg

Hopefully someone can transcribe what Bono wrote on some of the photographs. In the first one I can recognize a couple lines from Vertigo.

Nice photo on the cover but I really dislike the fact they airbrushed his freckles. I guess they see them as imperfections not an interesting characteristic. Anyone agree?

U2Soar said:
Hopefully someone can transcribe what Bono wrote on some of the photographs. In the first one I can recognize a couple lines from Vertigo.

Hi U2Soar :wave:

I can quite clearly read one of the other pages (number 12 in the "flipbook") and I'm wondering if it could actually be some song lyrics, as I can make out some of the Vertigo ones like you also.

There is a pic of Helena, then at the side it says "Firefly" (possible song title???)

Then:
Neon heart, day glo eyes
A city lit by fireflies
They use advertising in the skies
For people like us...

What do you think? I think it's great poetry at the very least!
:happy:

Im in the UK, can someone please help me and let me know how I can get my hands on six copies of this wonderful magazine :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: there are six desparate U2 UK fans who MUST HAVE THIS MAG.

karmic_postmark said:
Nice photo on the cover but I really dislike the fact they airbrushed his freckles. I guess they see them as imperfections not an interesting characteristic. Anyone agree?

Let's not be too sure that the freckles were airbrushed! I have seen a number of pictures of Bono which were clearly reversed: that is, the freckles were on the "wrong side". (A good example is the cover of Relevant Magazine. I have this, but I can't scan it , but surely someone must have this. You can tell it's reversed because the writing on his shirt is all wrong.) This is done, I think, for the sake of composition--at what angle will the pic look best in relation to everything else that's happening on the page?
This could very well be a picture of his "non-freckled" side, and reversed on the cover to balance whatever else is on it. I really think that is what is happening in this instance.

Back
Top Bottom