New Bono video! Preaching and looking hot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got it bad got it bad got it bad

hot fer preacher....:drool:

heehee posh hotel room

:mad: at the factoids

:D :heart: :heart: I LOVE HIM, HE'S SO GOOD

Love him

I wish we could post sound files here...I would love for all of you to hear his speech before One from the DC show. It was about this topic...and it was so emotionally heavy...more so than this interview...

I love this man.

I agree with mona...he is just so GOOD.

:heart:

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Love him

I wish we could post sound files here...I would love for all of you to hear his speech before One from the DC show. It was about this topic...and it was so emotionally heavy...more so than this interview...

I love this man.

You're talking about DC 1, right? I was there (both shows) and I have the boot of the first night. Maybe I can transcrible it sometime.

yay for bastardized van halen!

MonaVox said:
got it bad got it bad got it bad

hot fer preacher....:drool:

I think of all the sermons that I've missed, but then my preacher was never quite like this! ;)

Thanks for the link, Gypsy! I'm glad Bono's getting the message out. The facts he's telling about Africa are so sad. :sad: I really hope he's able to convince the big politicians to help. :(

Thanks to my lovely computer, all I could see was Bono's face all distorted... but thanks for the link. It's always nice to hear him speak and even more so when he's so committed to a worthy cause such as this.

She's got stills!!!!!! :D

334%3A9%3B%3B523232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C584%3B%3A5%3Aot1lsi

334%3A9%3B%3B523232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C584%3C276ot1lsi

334%3A9%3B%3B523232%7Ffp37%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C584%3C278ot1lsi

I made a transcript of the video clip for those of you who cannot view it (there was one word he said that I couldn't understand though):

"Greetings from a very posh hotel room somewhere in London. Ahh...I don't want to spoil your festival, and you certainly don't need to hear another preacher, but I went to Africa recently, and there's some facts I'd like to share with you. Some of you may know these, some of you may not, but they are still mind-blowing. 25 million people in Africa now have HIV. Think about that...25 million people in Africa are HIV positive. 13 million children are orphans because their parents have died from AIDS. And this figure is expected to double by the end of the decade. Today...this very day...5,500 Africans will die of AIDS. Today...in childbirth...1,400 African mothers will pass on HIV to their newborns. If this isn't an emergency, what is? We're supposed to love our neighbor. The Bible tells us to love our neighbor. Common sense should tell us to love our neighbor. Well, we're not...we really are not. God is not looking for (???), God is looking for action. Africa is America's neighbor. Africa is Europe's neighbor. But I am telling you, we are largely ignoring these people in their condition. There is a growing movement for Jubilee...I love that word...there's a growing movement for Jubilee in the United States. We do need to drop the debt and end the ridiculous situation where today's generations in the poorest countries have to spend what little they have paying back old loans, rather than investing in health and education and in clean water. All rich countries need to increase development assistance to fight AIDS and poverty in Africa. This is not about throwing money away but about using our national wealth to improve the lives of the poorest people in the world. There are 2300...2300...verses of scripture pertaining to the poor. History will judge us on how we deal with this crisis; God will judge us harder on how we deal with this crisis. If we all raise our voices...if we can all raise our politicians from their sleep around the world...and get them to respond, there might be a chance...there really might be a chance. We really need to make this a priority."

*sigh*
I love Bono; he's such a good guy! All he wants to do is fix the world's problems. Is that too much to ask? :sexywink: I love how he's not like a lot of celebrities who don't give a crap about the rest of the world. He makes me so jealous though because I can't do half of what he does in the world. I just don't have that kind of time, opportunity, or money. Oh well, he can do it for me, right? :)

FishNeedsABicycle said:

If you send me the file I can see if I can convert it small enough to make it post here.

I was just talking about this type of thing to my co-workers yesterday. I have much respect and admiration for the few celebrities, politicians, religious leaders and "everyday" people who go out of their way to make changes and bring social awareness to the world we live in. Because of Bono?s crusade for the awareness of the AIDS crisis in Africa is heartfelt my respect for this man grows every day. Thank you for posting the link and the photos. :heart:

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Love him

I love this man.

Me too. :love: :cool: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love:

What a PRECIOUS face and a PRECIOUS voice and a wonderfully worded speech! :up: :love:

What beautiful stills! You rock Bonochick! Now I don't know which one to make an avatar of! :happy:

He is SO CUTE :cute: :heart: I can't stand it! I :heart: the man in every possible way!! :love: :cute: :)

Bonochick said:
If we all raise our voices...if we can all raise our politicians from their sleep around the world...and get them to respond, there might be a chance...there really might be a chance. We really need to make this a priority."

Ah, thank you Bono... somehow this is just what I needed...

And thank you BC for the stills and the transcript!

1. Bono: *slurp*

2. *shrieks like a tea kettle*

3. someone get a saliva sample so's we can clone him

Ok 3 things:
1 -what is he holding in his hand? A toothpick? Wadded paper?
2 - It is still so unbelievable it is to me how much impact Bono has whether he is yelling at the top of his lungs or sitting calmlym in a posh cheer.
3 - Those eyes - even on video, in tinted glasses, I feel they can see the shadow behind my eyes!

Oh yeah - and he made the same sort of speech at nearly every show during the beginning instrumental of the song One, not just the DC show. The way he twisted it after 9/11 gave me goosebumps!

Thanks GypsyHeartgirl!

That was an awesome speech by Bono. I could go on and on about how gorgeous he is and how much I love him:heart: :heart: :heart: but more importantly he has really inspired me to action. If any of you reading this feel that inspiration and feel like you could write your local congress person, please visit Sherry Darling's thread at

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61038

and get involved. :bono: :idea: :cool:

Back
Top Bottom