New Bono the cat pic and please post your pets too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:

Should I expect anything with Lily next weekend or will she just act like it's no big deal that she's been alone a lot?

That's really sweet of you and she's a gorgeous cat! Anyway, it really depends on the cat. All of my friends' cats were always shy when I'd come over and walk away or just plain hide. My cats act a lot like dogs though, they're very curious when they hear a new voice and will all come out of the woodwork to investigate and are used to being handled by random people. They've been raised living with five adults at a time, lots of friends and boyfriends over, and new people moving in and out every few months, so they're not bothered by new people. If this is an only cat that isn't used to other people, she'll probably be shy, but since it's only you and her, she won't have much to distract her from getting to know you. Just let her make the first moves. Good luck and happy cat-sitting!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

That's really sweet of you and she's a gorgeous cat! Anyway, it really depends on the cat. All of my friends' cats were always shy when I'd come over and walk away or just plain hide. My cats act a lot like dogs though, they're very curious when they hear a new voice and will all come out of the woodwork to investigate and are used to being handled by random people. They've been raised living with five adults at a time, lots of friends and boyfriends over, and new people moving in and out every few months, so they're not bothered by new people. If this is an only cat that isn't used to other people, she'll probably be shy, but since it's only you and her, she won't have much to distract her from getting to know you. Just let her make the first moves. Good luck and happy cat-sitting!

My sister has her friends over a lot. They all just scoop her up and hold her on their lap. She's used to people and likes to be held. I'm too afraid of her to do that :eek: Aside from a few cats that my friends all got in the last few years I've never been around a cat. My family and friends all had dogs growing up. My sister thinks that she's going to cry a lot for being alone overnight and might want me to hold her while I'm there. I'm so scared to do that. One of my friends is a vet tech with 2 cats of her own. I might make her come over there with me the first day. I did try to pick up Lily once and it freaked me out because I didn't know what she was doing. My sister said she was just trying to situation herself but I just put her down. If this were a dog it would be no problem :sigh:

If you're uncomfortable holding her close, try setting her on your lap and petting her to get her to stay. My cats LOVE to have their chins and faces scratched, but Max is really the only one that doesn't mind me picking him up and toting him around like a baby. Posh squirms and keeps her legs stiff so she's really hard to try to hold and Beckham starts to whine b/c he hates being held on his back like a baby, but both Posh and Beckham will come up to me to sit on my lap, they just like to be held on their own terms.

Before these guys, I've never had cats OR dogs, but my relatives all had dogs. Consequently, I treat all of my cats more like dogs than cats! They're used to rough playing with humans and with each other and people knocking them down rubbing them all over. Posh loves it so much, she will come over to me, flop on her side, and whine until I rub her all over, even though she hates being picked up.

Last edited:
Arw, I hope you and the cat will get used to each other:)

I know I am experienced more than most people, but there is really no reason to be afraid to hold a cat because they don't just up and attack like a dog does. And if they are getting upset, they will growl and hiss before they do anything, most of the time they will just make noise and not do anything. If she acts up just put her down. Once they are cuddling comfortably and/or purring, you have a 0% chance they are going to do anything scary. Good luck!:hug:

I successfully took care of a cat for 3 days!!! :crack: I've never been around a cat this much in my entire life.

She runs out of the apartment no matter how hard you try to keep her in. I had to pick her up several times. My sister gave me a lesson on how to pick her up and I had to do it several times the other night to show her that I would do it if I needed to :reject:

Yesterday she was freaking out because we had a nasty thunderstorm all night on Saturday. She kept trying to hide from me. Normally when my sister leaves her apartment Lily wants to come with. She just sat in the kitchen starring at me when I left and I didn't hear her come to the door. I don't know what happened in the 8 hours I was gone because I came back and all she wanted to do was play and sit with me. :eek: It was fun and a little easier than I thought. If this was my friends cat I wouldn't have done it. He's mean to everyone including his owner :( . I'd much rather take care of a dog again than a cat! I can read them so much better. :crazy:

This was last night after playing with her stringy toys. After we were done she came and sat next to me and made some weird cat noises that cats probably make all the time but I've never noticed :reject:
3448%3B%3A7923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A8%3A9394%3C2ot1lsi

She looks so big here but she's actually really tiny :huh:
3448%3B%3A7923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A8%3A95369%3Bot1lsi

Bono on the back of the toilet

bonotoilet.jpg

The Sneak

sneak2.jpg

Samantha

sam.jpg

Constance Marie

constance.jpg

Fiesty

fiesty.jpg

TheWho4Life said:
Here's my babies :)

My rat Lyla, I tried to get one of her on my shoulder but she wouldnt stop playin around in my hair :laugh:
152133.jpg

And here's my dog Luke, in the first pic, he was wanting to eat Lyla... so I had to go put her away lol.
152143.jpg

152301.jpg

AWW! :up:

Ruffian! Your baby looks EXACLTY like my Poshie-kins (Posh, hehe). I adopted her at 8 weeks as well, also as a "girlfriend" for Beckham.

I have a new cat-story! Thursday night, I picked Phil up from work and we decided to go out to Applebees. While we were there, his housemate called and left a message complaining about a cat that had been up in a tree all day and was getting annoying. Steve is lazy and doesn't do shit, so who knows why he called to tell Phil, but when I brought Phil home I said we should really go have a look. We walked around the block to the back alley and shined the light on the tree. Phil got the cat to start howling and finally it poked it's head out a hole in the tree. It was soooooo tiny I said I was NOT going home without it. Phil went around the block and found these people who were rooding their house and got the guy to bring over his ladder. Then Phil and the guy got up in the tree and finally caught the kitten. It was SO tiny, like 5-6 weeks. We went straight to Meijer since it's the only still open and luckily they had cat formula. We took it to my house and were able to syringe feed it the kitten formula. It woke us up again at 4:30am and we fed it more. When I got up for work at 7:00am, I got this huge guinea pig cage out of the garage for the kitten. The kitten had diahrrea and the cage hade a plastic grated bottom so any accidents feel through instead of making a mess. It was also big enough for a litter pan and had a covered attachment box for sleeping. We kept kitty in there (away from my 3 other cats) and I fed it again on my lunch break. Phil invited his co-worker over b/c she had mentioned to him she wanted a little kitten. After work, I got it to poo in the litter, drink the formula from a plate, and try soft food. We took it to the vet for worming meds and they said it was a girl, about 5 weeks. When we got back, kitty finally realized she had teeth and started chowing down on the soft food. Meanwhile, Paige convinced her husband to keep it and they went to Petsmart, bought "everything" for cats, and came to pick up little kitty! When I was little, I always wanted to rescue a cat from a tree, and now I have, hehe. Paige adores her and can financially take care of the orphaned cat. I explained what shots and tests she needs and when and I'm sure she'll be a happy, loved kitty.

kitty1.jpg

kitty2.jpg

kitty3.jpg

kitty4.jpg

Awww :cute:....you're story remind me of how I rescued one of my former cats name Ali (Who looks like the kitten in your pictures....but furier)......but it was the backyard of a Auto Loan Place...when I finally got her out of that area....she went up a tire of a parked car. So my father and I finally got her out of the area...and one of the neighbors wanted to ask if they wanted the cat....but they couldn't keep it cause of their dog...so we ended up keeping it for a while....but we had to get to get rid of her recently cause our history of cats in our apartment building....so that's how I ended up with my two current cats.

"The Sneak" - that's such and awesome name for a cat!

Here's some most recent piccies of my babies:

First, Phil and the tiny rescued kitty, adopted already, not sure of her new name yet, so I refer to her as Princess:

philprincess1.JPG

philprincess2.JPG

philprincess3.JPG

Then we have Maximus "Max", who will be staying w/ me and either staying in our house w/ Taylor, or moving on with me next summer.

Eating anything, regardless of the container:
maxsalsa.JPG

Then there's my dear, sweet, sensitive Poshie, who before Max moved in never once showed any interest in the outside (in fact, if I had the door propped open, she'd lay on the doorstep, looking out). Max is already becomming a negative influence. He cries relentlessly to get out, partly b/c Melissa carried him around outside and partyly b/c he was found as an outdoor stray:
maxposhieout.JPG

Cute little Posh:
poshiewindow.JPG

And my baby Beckham, not a baby anymore! I like to take him out in the good light for photo-ops b/c indoors the flash does strange things to his furr color:
beckyout.JPG

And, what's this? Beckham SHARING his cat bed? And with MAX? Becky spends about 12 hrs a day in his cat bed (while Max sleeps on top of the guinea pig cage or in the bathroom sink), which is really just an extra basket and some foam, but usually he does NOT welcome visitors, human or otherwise:
beckymaxcatbed.JPG

Cute pets guys!:cute: ( I love cats )

My Cockatiels, Calô and Tuko:)

100_4458.jpg

Oh! I forgot, they can talk like Parrots. Calô talks: How are you? Fine?( In Portuguese, of course:wink: )

Last edited:
"The Sneak" - that's such and awesome name for a cat!

Here's some most recent piccies of my babies:

First, Phil and the tiny rescued kitty, adopted already, not sure of her new name yet, so I refer to her as Princess:

philprincess1.JPG

philprincess2.JPG

philprincess3.JPG

omg the kitty is so adorable!! :happy: :cute:

shy said:
C

Oh! I forgot, they can talk like Parrots. Calô talks: How are you? Fine?( In Portuguese, of course:wink: )

:cute: My friend's brother had a cockatiel that could talk, mostly saying "hello" "where's Dirk?" (his owner), and whistling the Andy Griffith theme song.

:cute: My friend's brother had a cockatiel that could talk, mostly saying "hello" "where's Dirk?" (his owner), and whistling the Andy Griffith theme song.

They are so funny!!!!!:laugh:

Last edited:
This site has links to donate to organizations helping pets and animals affected by Katrina:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9258272/

I was just thinking about my cat and what would I do if my entire city had to evacuate. Where would she go? Most of my relatives live in this area too. I can only think of one person who could take her and what if I didn't have time to get there :(.

I know people must be helped first, but if you have some spare change, maybe this is an area that needs help too.

Sorry to get all mushy, this hurricane has really struck a nerve with me for some reason.

kellyahern said:
This site has links to donate to organizations helping pets and animals affected by Katrina:

I was just thinking about my cat and what would I do if my entire city had to evacuate. Where would she go? Most of my relatives live in this area too. I can only think of one person who could take her and what if I didn't have time to get there :(.

I know people must be helped first, but if you have some spare change, maybe this is an area that needs help too.

Sorry to get all mushy, this hurricane has really struck a nerve with me for some reason.
Wow. I'll definitley look into that.
On Oprah they were saving animals, otherwise the animals would have to be given up. I could never do that :(

kellyahern said:

I'm sad for the pets too:sad: I am saddened and angered by the pets that were just left in thier cages in the homes:mad: I would never leave my babies!!!!

Dismantled said:

I'm sad for the pets too:sad: I am saddened and angered by the pets that were just left in thier cages in the homes:mad: I would never leave my babies!!!!

Me either! I rode out hurrican Isabel rather than leave my cats. I can't stand it. I think a lot of them expected to come right home the next day, but things got too bad. I hope they all get found and taken care of.:(

Back
Top Bottom