New Bono Avatar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
a046a03a.jpg

This is a HOT pic, but it won't make a good avatar. Why? Because by the time you cut it into a square shape you will have to cut out the chest part to make it fit, and and if you leave the whole head and chest in the shrunken pic will not be big enough to be seen very well to really tell what it is.

Or, you could just have a harry Bono moob avatar :tongue:

Stars, I'm using Photoshop 7.0 and to resize I go to....

Image > Image Size...
then you wanna alter the pixel dimensions (in the top section of that window, ignore the bottom) so that the largest dimension is 72. If you've cropped your pic already so it's square, enter 72 in either and it will automatically adjust the second dimension for you.

Another easy way to make avatars w/o Photoshop: If you've got XP, open the pic in the Picture and Fax Viewer (what usually opens when you just double click a picture). When this window, like any other window, is not maximized, you can drag the edges to resize it. Do this until the image is tiny enough (I find that doing it this way doesn't ruin the qualilty of the image like some cheaper softwares can). Once you've got a little thumbnail sized pic, screen capture it and crop it out in MS Paint (under Programs > Accessories). Save it as a JPEG.

starsgoblue said:

If you can help me make this into something that the user cp will let me use, I will love you forever! It says this when I try to use it: The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file

I don't know why I can't get the picture to show :scratch:

:drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Those are great!! :up:

Sometimes my photoshop refuses to recognize a file extention, but when I reboot it works. Try that. Also, some jpegs, like the ones on Yahoo! news, don't save as official jpegs on my computer for some reason. I have to open them in an ie window and save them again, then they are 'real' jpegs the photoshop will open.

It's worth a try. Unless it's a yahoo news photo, then resave it after you open it in a new explorer window and it will make it a real jpeg. Anyway those are things that work for me.

I'm back! By the time you wrote this I had already shut down my computer. Hope it works because all my pictures are saved as JPG files and I'm using Photoshop so, they have to work. I wish I had more Bono shirtless pictures!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom