New avatar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clementine_rose

War Child
This what happens when you have nothing to do. I found a website that you can go to make your own avatars at no cost. I made a few, and I thought I might post them in case someone wanted to use one. I am new at the whole thing so sorry if there not very good, remember I am stupid when it comes to computers. I'll give the link to the site in case someone would like to make their own. I will try to make some more later. :D

http://www.myimager.com

suspendrh.jpg

bmoon.jpg

popavy.jpg

bdayface.jpg

6821718361_893396.jpg

What photo program do you use Granny? I am asking you because you are really good at stuff like this, making stills and gif. I am new to this computer stuff so I don't know what to use. They are not the best, but like I said I am new. If you know of a program that might make them so they're not distorted, I would love to know what it is. Thank you!

clementine_rose said:
What photo program do you use Granny? I am asking you because you are really good at stuff like this, making stills and gif. I am new to this computer stuff so I don't know what to use. They are not the best, but like I said I am new. If you know of a program that might make them so they're not distorted, I would love to know what it is. Thank you!

I have several. The easiest one for me to get them cropped square is PictureItExpress. Photoshop or MGIPhotosuite is what I use to shrink them to the correct size. I have had some that for whatever reason turn out blurry. The resolution needs to be high for a really clear picture. Hope that helps. The reason the one you have of his chest is blurry is because I had originally cropped that from a still and then blew it up. This is from one of the original stills that weren't blown up.

dd9ee308.jpg

I owe everything I know to my oldest son, the computer guy.

Last edited:
See, I knew I was asking the right person. That is a perfect picture. I will have to look into getting on of those programs. Thanks Granny!

Paint doesn't work for me because when it resizes it it cuts off the wrong part of the pic! I use Adobe, you can crop it to the right square shape, then you can resize the pixels. I have made over 100, it's habit forming.

Keocmb said:
I just use Paint.

Same here. I think it's a lot quicker than Photoshop! I generally cut the part of the picture I want as the avatar if I don't want the whole thing and then I resize using stretch and skew and eventually I'll end up at avatar size. It's really easy.

arw9797 said:
I generally cut the part of the picture I want as the avatar if I don't want the whole thing and then I resize using stretch and skew and eventually I'll end up at avatar size. It's really easy.

Exactamundo. :up:

I use Paint Shop Pro 7. Any idea how to use this? I've tried using it for avatar's but when it comes down to uploading them as an avatar, it tells me that my image is too big. ???

SoBe said:
I use Paint Shop Pro 7. Any idea how to use this? I've tried using it for avatar's but when it comes down to uploading them as an avatar, it tells me that my image is too big. ???

1. It can't be any bigger than 72 x72 pixels. Smaller, but not bigger.

2.Also, even if it is the correct pixel size, it can be too large of a FILE SIZE and the board also has a limit on that. If that happens (and it has happened to me) it means the pic you used was too high res and you need to reduce its file size. I do not know how to do this :huh:

clementine_rose said:
I have Adobe, I'll have to try that. Thank you everyone for your help.

I don't know what adobe you have, but with mine you do this:

1. Choose a pic and open it with adobe photoshop
2. click on 'get and fix photo'
3. click on 'to the world wide web'
4. trim the part of the pic you want to be the avatar to as close to a square as you can get it
5. resize it to as close to 72x 72 as you can get it
6. skip to 'choose' and save it on your computer, then click done

If you have any more questions let me know. If you have a different adobe someone else might have to help. Good luck!

The thing I have against the site you found is that it doesn't let you cut out part of the pic, (like a closeup of the face) you can only shrink a big pic and they come out too weirdly shaped.

Back
Top Bottom