NEW American Prayer mp3!!!! Wheaton College

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FallingStar said:
Okay.

:shifty:

I listened to the song.

The lyrics are great! :up:

But the tunes? :ohmy:

It sounds to me like a music of a sect, with guitar, one singer and ppl clapping to the music. *snigger*

Electrical Storm got me after one time of listening, but this.....I don't know.....
down.gif

:confused: what exactly do you mean? You know he was playing/singing over his own demo right? And there were a good 15 other people up on stage singing as well....

Maybe I need to clarify that this was a bootlegged recording taken off the soundboard at Wheaton College, it has nothing to do with the recording that was done in New York. For that reason, you can't hear the African group very well unless they sing directly into the mic and you really can't hear the audience at all, which is a shame, but it's still an amazing bootleg! The audio from the demo and Bono's acoustic guitar come through even better than being there and seeing it live, though nothing will compare to that experience.

Ok......I'm such a bebe..............
Does it make anyone else want to cry when he sings
"When you get to the top of the mountain, remember me" ??????
:sad: :eek: :yes: :hug:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

*raises hand* o wait...i did cry...
down.gif

i'll take my babiness with pride...like i said, it's a powerful song...and it holds a special place in my heart and always will...not just because it was the first song i ever heard bono sing live, but also the cause, the people, the gateway ambassadors, the emotions, and the total experience of it all...nothing will ever come close to it...

[edit]and all those people who dismissed it before even hearing it upset me...they have no idea what it was like...they are just being a bit too closeminded...[/edit]

Last edited:
Stories for Boys said:

[edit]and all those people who dismissed it before even hearing it upset me...they have no idea what it was like...they are just being a bit too closeminded...[/edit]

And not even close-minded so much as taking the entire thing WAY out of context. They're picking apart the lyrics and technical aspects of a song that really has little, if ANYTHING to do with music.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:confused: what exactly do you mean? You know he was playing/singing over his own demo right? And there were a good 15 other people up on stage singing as well....

Maybe I need to clarify that this was a bootlegged recording taken off the soundboard at Wheaton College, it has nothing to do with the recording that was done in New York. For that reason, you can't hear the African group very well unless they sing directly into the mic and you really can't hear the audience at all, which is a shame, but it's still an amazing bootleg! The audio from the demo and Bono's acoustic guitar come through even better than being there and seeing it live, though nothing will compare to that experience.
In my opinion the song was a bit lame. I listend quite often to it now and it sounds better after a while. :(

The lyrics are great just like I said, but I wasn't expecting something that slow and soft. :shrug:

FallingStar said:

In my opinion the song was a bit lame. I listend quite often to it now and it sounds better after a while. :(

The lyrics are great just like I said, but I wasn't expecting something that slow and soft. :shrug:

I guess it just doesn't come through on the bootleg very well. There was nothing soft and/or slow about it! It was great, everyone was dancing and singing and the entire audience was cheering.

:D

[/nostalgia]

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I guess it just doesn't come through on the bootleg very well. There was nothing soft and/or slow about it! It was great, everyone was dancing and singing and the entire audience was cheering.

:D

[/nostalgia]
Okay, if you say so! :happy:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

yeah... considering I DID cry.... ;)
I'm like standing there and I go to wipe a tear away and Bono gave me the WEIRDEST look.
me: *hides* *sniff*

Back
Top Bottom