New album confirmation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imogen

The Fly
@U2 says it has received confirmation that the new album will be out on March 9th.

In case you haven't seen it, there's also a post about it in New Album News here on Interference. Apparantly it includes pictures!! Check it out.

How exciting!!!!!

before anyone gets too excited about this, keep in mind that @U2 didn't actually confirm anything. "Jam!" has it listed on their website as a March 9th release, but responded to an email from @U2 by saying "Don't believe everything you read."

far from confirmation....

imogen, while i relate with your excitement, please don't mislead people.

I don't believe it either. I'd love it if the album were coming out in March, but if it were we'd probably have a name, at the very least, and we don't. It will be later on in the year.

If the album is coming out in March....
expect a single to be dropped soon....

or atleast a leak of a single.

We'll have to wait and see.

Elvis said:
If the album is coming out in March....
expect a single to be dropped soon....

or atleast a leak of a single.

We'll have to wait and see.

exactly what i was thinking. history shows we should be getting news of a single very shortly if the release date is indeed March 9th.

miss-U2 said:
dallas (edge's tech) said that the album will be finished in march :up:... why will they wait until the winter to release it?? :huh:

but i also think it won't be out the 9th of March :lmao:

Perhaps they will finish recording the tracks in March. Who knows? They still have to do the mixing, the cover, the videos, etc, etc, and after the scheduling problems they had with Pop they want to be careful about any deadlines.

originally posted by Elvis
Interference.com has official word from RMP London that they are not expecting an album until Winter. RMP are U2's publicists.

True or not, that's what they are claiming

Well, March 9th is still winter. It won't be spring yet!

Last edited:
it is DALLAS :up:!!!! he said that at the studios mid-december :yes:... he said "finished", not "released":eyebrow:... but i think he meant finished completely, all the stuff, like mixing would be done in march i guess :huh:....
but it won't take THAT long to release it when it will be completely finished.... winter :eek: :no:

I am so sorry everyone. In my excitement I guess I didn't read the stuff at @U2 properly. It was not my intent to mislead or give false information.

Forgive me? :(

Dont worry about it Imogen we all just want some news..:hug

Some of the tracks the band were not happy with its as simple as that, and thinking about it its very unlikley for a March single what would be the point with Bono in Africa in April and his DATA work? He wont be around to do the promotional stuff which after all this time I would have thought would be very heavy on both sides of the Atlantic.

Back
Top Bottom