Never Been Kissed - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
Disclaimer: all of this is fiction, none it happened.

I didn?t make it to the rink to open it the next day, I slept in until noon for once. My mom was in the kitchen when I walked downstairs.

?Where were you last night??

?The rink,? I snapped, ?where else would I be.?

?You didn?t get in until after two in the morning, and you weren?t at the rink when I went and looked at almost one, the place was all closed up.?

I didn?t say anything, though I was mad that she was investigating my life again.

?Where were you??

?I was out with friends.?

?Which friends??

?J, Degrusy and Hawk,? I said, which wasn?t exactly a lie.

?And where were you??

?None of your business,? I said getting mad.

?You went to that rock festival, didn?t you??
?So what if I did.?

?You shouldn?t be around those places and those people.?

?What people??

?The people who make rock stars. All they?re into is drugs, alcohol and women.?

?That?s not true,? I said thinking of Edge.

?You wouldn?t know what they?re really like until afterwards.?

?What the hell is that supposed to mean??

?After they?re through with you, that?s when you find out what they?re like.?

?That?s not true,? I said through gritted teeth. ?Only some of them are like that.?

?And how would you know what they?re like??

?How would you know?? I fired back.

She glared at me. ?You?re involved with one of them, aren?t you??

?One of what?? I said keeping as much anger in my voice as possible.

?Those rock star people.?

?So what if I am.?

She really lost her temper then, ?I thought that a daughter of mine would have more common sense then this. Haven?t I raised you well enough that you can choose someone who?s not just going to use you, so that you can have your own future. You?re smart why can?t you make smart decisions??

?There?s nothing wrong with him!? I snapped.

?Who is this mystery guy,? she demanded advancing towards me. ?I want a name, no more of this funny business, who is he??

I backed up and ran into the wall. I felt trapped, but I wasn?t going to answer, and I sure as hell wouldn?t let her intimidate me into answering.

?Well who is he??

Then Nala was there, she jumped in-between my mom and I, facing her, growling with all her hackles raised.

My mom backed off in surprise and I used that moment to get out of there. I ran out the door with Nala on my heels and my mom yelling after me, ?Get back here NOW!?

I didn?t stop running until I had reached the rink, bursting through the door I ran into the office and collapsed into a chair.

Degrusy stood up from where he was working on what looked like a science project. ?Ruth, what?s wrong??

?My mom, I hate her so much.?

He frowned. ?What happened?? I told him the whole conversation and by the end of it he was shaking his head. ?She?s so damn over-protective.?

?You don?t have to tell me that, I know!?

He sighed. ?It?s like the exact opposite of my parents, they just don?t care.?

?I think I?d rather she didn?t care.?

?No you wouldn?t.?

?Maybe she?s trying to stop you from making the mistakes she did.?

I jumped and turned to see Hawk leaning against the doorframe.

?What do you mean??

?Look she?s a single mom right? So at some point in time she had some experience with a love ?em then leave ?em person which is why you?re here, so maybe she?s trying to keep you from making the same mistake.?

?You?re saying she dated a rock star.?

?Maybe,? he said with a shrug. ?I mean she has a personal vendetta against rock music and the people that make it, which could be cause she had a bad experience with a rock star.?

?That and she?s pushing you to do well in school and stay away from the whole entertainment industry,? said Degrusy.

I sighed. ?I never even thought of that.?

?Well neither did I until I heard you saying how against rock star type people your mom was,? said Hawk.

There was a long silence and Degrusy went back to fiddling with his science project, given that it was Degrusy I was surprised it hadn?t blown up yet.

Hawk sat down and pulled a book out of his backpack. ?English,? he said.

?Do you have the math stuff?? I asked.

He pulled out the textbook and some paper, ?go nuts.?

I let myself get absorbed in the math homework to take my mind off the fact that at the end of the day I had to go home and face my mom. I get so absorbed in it that I don?t notice Edge come up to us.

?Hey.?

I looked up in surprise and smiled. ?Hey, it?s good to see you.?

Hawk and Degrusy looked at one another then leave; Nala followed them out.

?What are you doing?? he asked.

I stretched trying to get the tension out of my muscles, ?Math home work.?

?Ahh, extremely exciting stuff.?

?No kidding.?

He reaches over and puts a hand on my shoulder. ?You feel pretty tense, everything ok??

?I had a fight with my mom,? I muttered.

He started massaging my shoulders slowly. ?Is that any better??

?Yeah, a lot better, thanks.?

I closed my eyes and relaxed, there was something very soothing about Edge?s presence. A moment later I felt his lips brush my neck, I turned around to face him and he kissed me, slowly and passionately.

Suddenly there was a whole bunch of commotion. I pulled away from Edge to see my mom standing there.

?So this is him,? she said.

I froze like a deer in headlights with no idea what to say.

?Get the hell out of here!? Degrusy snapped running in with Hawk and Nala.

?Why do you think you have the right to tell me what to do??

He glared at her, ?no one pushes my friends around. So you have issues with him, big deal, I?m sure your parents had issues with guys you dated.?

?And they were right.?

?Doesn?t mean you are.?

?You can?t tell me how to raise my daughter, you don?t have a clue, your just a kid.?

?I never said I could tell you how to raise her, I said you should leaver her alone.?

By this point in time anyone would have backed down from arguing with Degrusy, my mom just looked angrier.

I stood up and walked out of the office to stand beside Degrusy. ?You can?t tell me what to do anymore, I?m sick of it.?

?I?m your mother, you can?t just ignore me.?

Yes, I can, I thought. Nala growled.

?Shut up you stupid animal!? my mom yelled trying to kick her.

?Hey!? I yelled. ?You can?t do that.?

She glared at me, ?and you can?t ignore me.?

?Just watch me!? And with that I ran out of the lodge and down the street, I saw my mo come out and get in the car so I cut across a side street. What I hadn?t counted on was the truck that was barreling down the street towards me, I tried to stop and slid and fell on an ice patch. Then everything went black.

That?s all for now, tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom