Needing a bit of prayer this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I know I'm new, but all of you are so sweet I figured I could share this with ya.

Tomorrow night I'm supposed to get on a plane to fly down to LA to visit my parents. Normally its not such a big thing, but I have health problems and things aren't going well. I have Fibromyalgia which is an auto immune disease. My immune system is so bad that its getting harder and harder for my body to fight off any infections. I'm dealing with alot of pain this week and having a really hard time walking. I went to the doctors this afternoon and they gave me a bunch of medicine hopefully to help me manage the pain enough to get thru LAX once I arrive. I'll have my two kids with me as well which adds to the stress of it all. If things aren't better next week they are going to put me back on IV steriods and some other not so fun treatments.

Please pray that my kids and I can manage okay and that hopefully the new meds will take care of things so I don't have to go thru more unpleasent stuff the following week.

Thanks for all the fun you guys have given me this week. Its been real rough, but thanks to you guys and all the great PLEBA pictures, things don't always seem so bad.

{{hugs to all the PLEBANs}}

Thanks you guys. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. :D

The new meds are sure helping with the pain. I actually took a nap which was so nice. I'm gonna take another dose soon and hit the sack. But of course I had to also get a dose of blue crack. ;)

Russty Cat said:
Thanks you guys. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. :D

The new meds are sure helping with the pain. I actually took a nap which was so nice. I'm gonna take another dose soon and hit the sack. But of course I had to also get a dose of blue crack. ;)

A dose of the blue crack can cure anything!

I'll definetly keep you and your family in my prayers. :hug:

I have Fibromyalgia too Russy Cat, so I know what you are going through. Sometimes the pain is so unbearable that I have a hard time walking also. You can be certain that you will be in my prayers. :hug:

I'm sorry to hear that Russty Cat, I hope everything will be ok for you and your children. :hug:

Oh no, that is awful. I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering, that sucks.:scream:

Thinking of you and praying that things come right for you. Take care :hug: and please keep us updated.

Very sorry to hear about that russty cat :hug: :hug: :hug:

Many good wishes are sent to you from bonnie Scotland! :wink:

My sister-in-law has fibromyalgia also. It's very painful. I hope everything goes OK. I have to fly to New York City in less than two weeks, I'm going to be stressed out about that.

:( very sorry to hear this....you'll be in my prayers.

May you trip go much smoother than you hope/or expect. :hug:

you also might start checking out on the net ...about vit & A, be They are esp C {if you can't afford any thing else} helpful as immune boosters.

also lots of garlic {in fasct the Center for SCience in the public interest suggested for poorer people whole can't asfford garlic pills....put garlic powder on your foods after they've been cooked [cooking can destroy some of it's benifits]. They found it to be effective.

also the stronger type onions raw & cooked as also very good immune boosters. Pomogranet juice, you can cut it abit with.....i'm not sure....since i don't know what your tatses are like.

see I eat pomogranets in the winter months anyway.....{meditaranian baxckgroound} and when i can afford it i get the PomWonderful juice.

i'll come up with more{ inexpensive if I can} immune boosters for you.

:hug:

Thank you all so much! We made it here in one piece. I was tired and sore, but had no major problems. The people at LAX where actually pretty helpful. We were flying on a tin can with wings, which was a bit scary, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Dazzeled thanks for all the great info. I'm re-evaluating alot of what I've been doing lately to see if there is something I need to cut out of my diet.

I'm feeling a bit better lately, but I think thats majorly due to the drugs. I'm hoping I'm just not crazy after spending a week with my family. :| :ohmy: lol

I just came across this. You and your family are in my prayers. Glad to hear you had a good trip. A guy whom I used to work with had a wife with fybromyalgia, so I've heard a bit about it. I know it's a pain in the butt, but they are making progress on how to treat it and stuff. Hang in there. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom