Need ur help......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
pleeeeeeease, cheer me up :sad: :sad:

i feel really really really down... jsut want to die, jsut want to let it go and sleep forever :reject: i have no hope anymore....

i know i shouldnot feel that way, i have no right to feel depressed... but sometimes, i can't avoid it :no:....

and this time, i really can't take it anymore, i am really in big shit, i have to find a solution, otherwise.... :sad: :sad:

Do you have anyone you trust who you can talk to? Maybe even a professional counselor?

I feel sad and hope that you don't really mean some of the things you said. Please don't give up :hug: Believe me, I know how it feels, I've been there myself and still am sometimes.

i have nobody to talk to :sad: i mean, in real, here with me... :sad:

and i really mean what i wrote :yes:

i am sorry to bug u with that... i didnot want to write this:reject:, i don't want to show to anybody i am depressed. But now, it is really too much :sad:

i can't explain to ya, it is really too complicated, and i think it is also a lots of stuff, added to other stuff, for years. One day, i just should talk about the whole of this :sad:

I know you may not be comfortable talking out in the open here, but you need to talk to *someone* - keeping it all inside just makes the bad things rot and fester. Even if it's by email (and I know you have mine), I know most of us would be willing to just 'listen'. Do you have a guidance counselor for school? That would be another place to start, to ask about getting help for depression. Some people do ok just talking to someone, but sometimes you need medical intervention if you have a chemical imbalance. I've had several episodes of severe depression in my life, and they were usually brought on when I had major stress (similar to what I know you have) going on in my life.

You have already taken a big step just saying that you think you might be depressed - and it's nothing to be ashamed of :hug:

:hug: :hug: i just love you all :heart: you are really my best friends :yes:
i will be better (well a bit) when i will know what i am gonna do in my life :sad:

the only thing i want to do is staying close to fans, and do something for them and about U2 :love: but unfortunately, this is not possible :( :banghead:

so of course, i am just thinking about everything which is wrong in my life... and i am far from my friends, and.... :crazy:

bonosloveslave said:
Do you have a guidance counselor for school? That would be another place to start, to ask about getting help for depression. Some people do ok just talking to someone, but sometimes you need medical intervention if you have a chemical imbalance.

You have already taken a big step just saying that you think you might be depressed - and it's nothing to be ashamed of :hug:

:hug: Emilie :hug:

What bonosloveslave and others have said about seeing a guidance counselor or another professional is really important :yes:

I've also been through several episodes of depression in my life and it took me years before I talked to someone about it. When I finally did (talk to a counselor) it made so much of a positive difference :) There's nothing wrong with talking to someone, that's what they are there for. They can help, really :hug:

Please PM me if you want to talk about this more

miss-U2 said:
:hug: :hug: i just love you all :heart: you are really my best friends :yes:
i will be better (well a bit) when i will know what i am gonna do in my life :sad:

the only thing i want to do is staying close to fans, and do something for them and about U2 :love: but unfortunately, this is not possible :( :banghead:

You are doing that :hug:
Sometimes when you're depressed, it's hard to see what good things you're doing :hug:

i don't know where to go to see a counselor... and anyway, i will have to talk in english :huh: and in france, i don't know where to go either... and i don't want to tell my mum that i am seeing a counselor (if i do so) :sad:

and i know i am helping you, but that's not enough... and this is not gonna make me earn money :no: :sad: :reject: :banghead: i am going anywhere....

miss-U2 said:
i don't know where to go to see a counselor... and anyway, i will have to talk in english :huh: and in france, i don't know where to go either... and i don't want to tell my mum that i am seeing a counselor (if i do so) :sad:

Is there a student health clinic at the University? They usually have counselors on staff or can refer you to someone :)

And you don't have to tell you mother if you're uncomfortable doing so :hug: You're over 18, so the University will respect your right to privacy as well :yes:

I didn't tell my parents right away :)

Last edited:
i searched on the college website and i found this:

Student Health Unit
The Health Unit in NUI, Galway provides a totally confidential GP service. They operate a ?triage? system where you get to see a nurse to start with. If required the nurse will make an appointment for you to see Dr Lysaght. The unit is open from 9:00am to 3:00pm with emergency cover between 3:00pm and 5:00pm. In an emergency there is 24 hour cover by calling 087 2623997. The one bit of advice though is to come early in the morning and early in your illness.

Services include:

Acne treatment
Meningitis vaccination
Vaccinations for travel
Eating disorders and problems with obesity
Psychological disorders (there is a psychiatrist)
Physiotherapy
Referral to consultants

Contact Persons:
Dr. Fionnuaghla Lysaght
Student Health Unit,
?ras na Mac L?inn,
Ext. 2604
Tel: 091 750451

is that it??? geez, i don't wanna call her... i don't know what i am gonna say... and once i will be there, i don't what we are gonna talk about.... :reject: she is gonna think i am stupid... and i ma sure i won't even manage to talk in english :huh:

i found another thing, i think it is the right one:

Counsellors
Studying at University is mostly enjoyable and trouble free, but difficulties can arise too; these may be related to life within the University or they may not. If there are any issues that are troubling you, consult the Counsellors as early as you can; they are skilled in the art of listening and have wide experience in dealing with the variety of situations and issues which students encounter.

They are caring and friendly professionals to whom, over the years, students have turned for help with every conceivable problem, ranging from:

Work-related stress
Study problems, concentration difficulties, examination anxiety;
Loneliness, shyness;
Coping with personal loss, grief;
Sexual conflicts;
Uncertainty about personal worth;
Other personal problems.
You can phone a Counsellor directly, or you can make an appointment through the Secretary at Ext. 2484. You are welcome, of course, to just drop into the office (we are open from 9.15am - 1.00pm; and from 2.15pm - 5.15pm). Students can be seen immediately in an emergency situation.

My sister's at art college away from home(though in the same country) and has been finding it really hard. She's been feeling pretty much the same as you seem to be as well as feeling really shy and has been feeling pressured about work and deadlines.

She went to a counsellor (at the college) who really helped her out, she's starting to manage herworkload and have a bit of fun with her flatmates and other students, which she could never do before. She didn't want to go see anyone about it and was worried that they'd think she was just being stupid. Trust me, these counsellors see people like you the whole time, and will be supportive and offer ways that you can start manage all you have to do.
I know you're a bit worried about the language thing, but chances are that they will either have an english speaking counsellor or will be able to get one for you.

I hope this helps:hug:
lots of love

:hug:

I struggle a lot with depression, and like you, am studying a foreign country and dealing with loneliness, not knowing what kind of job I want (or not being able to do what I want), etc.

I was really reluctant to go to a counsellor, but I finally just couldn't take it anymore and emailed to make an appointment. I'm still on the waiting list for counselling sessions (the wait is usually 6-8 weeks long, so obviously a LOT of people are going through similar situations), but I went for an introductory session before being put on the waiting list, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. You should be able to just call and say you'd like to make an appointment with one of the counsellors. I don't think they'd ask any questions over the phone, so you wouldn't have to say anything embarrassing or say what you need to talk about.

Anyway, good luck, and feel free to email me at agirlinthisvicinity@yahoo.com if you need someone to talk to. :)

Emilie, it looks like the second posting (Counselors) would be the best place to start. It might be easier to make the phone call if you say, "One of my friends suggested that I might be depressed and thought I should talk to someone. English is not my first language, is there anyone available who speaks French?" I made my first doctor appointment by saying I was having difficulty sleeping and a friend suggested I be evaluated for depression - I just had a hard time saying I myself thought I was depressed (my husband and mom had to really push me to call). And as for someone speaking French, you won't know if you don't ask! :)

....take strength fro us....

ah, Emile..... :hug:
Think of the Light of Lovingkindness sent by us surrounding you.

I first caught your thread soon after SD, but after I wrote up my note I was bounced out of the system twice while sending it. I am very glad others happened by to help, while i was out of the loop. I'm in anotheplace, now. ANd I see by your first reply how seriously #bad#you are feeling.

bls & meeganee have had particulary insightful things to say, As well as it is good you are checking things out.

I'd say you need to see a counselor ASAP. No, you *are not* stupid! You are probably suffering -it seems- from a Nasty Combination of #old problems/upsets# PLUS #new ones# related to schooling, future work {and /or work needed now}.

They may have even been some triggering agent/ thought/ experience that have caused this Sudden Spike? of depression.

If telling your om is uncofortable, don't. At least not now.

If nothing else imagine we are walking besides you as you go to a counseling service {i know it's not the solid realitly of pepel right next to you}

aybe the first service can tell you were the second service is. But it sees like you ust make a call, or if you have the money for a taxi/car service usr that! < I Realize money is probably pretty tight for you}.

As for what to say..... snedong this before i get logged off will be back real soon.

Last edited:
:hug:

The second option sounds right. Even if you're a bit reluctant to go in and talk a concellor, you should go and find someone to talk to- it's the best way to get this off your chest. Remember, everyone's got their ups and downs. Stay strong, and believe in yourself. :up: You know you can always talk to me on MSN :)

And if the night runs over
And if the day won't last
And if your way should falter
Along this stony pass

It's just a moment
This time will pass

:hug: Emilie :hug:

I know how you feel, I really do :( Been there, done that, still go there all the time, unfortunately. I don't mean to knock counseling, but to me, I don't see how it can help if money is the problem. So, this person with all this money and a piece of paper hanging on the wall is going to tell me I don't feel like shit when I know I do? Sorry, I do not buy that. Not enough money is a terribly depressing and hopeless feeling. I am living with that right now. Not seeing any real way to make enough money to dig out of the hole is like a torture that never ends and the bottomless pit feeling can really drag you down. People with financial security in their lives cannot understand how frightening and depressing and hopeless that really feels. Sometimes I feel like giving up, sometimes I feel like I don't care if I wake up in the morning. Sometimes, the only thing that keeps me interested in life is this forum, yes, it's true, and wondering what would happen to my cats if I were gone. I know someone would take care of the kids, but not the cats. I know living in a fantasy on a mesage board is not going to help me, but it helps me get through in a life of desperation. But you know what Emilie? You have an advantage I don't have. You are young and pretty, you are living your dream in a place you wanted to live and you went for it! I live in a bad place I do not like and see no way out. Dreams are hard to hold onto. But yours are within reach, I know! You are a very special person, look how many friends you have here, and how much Bono loves you! Any of us would love to be in your shoes! I know that you must have personal problems too that we don't know about, I understand that. But you know, I have miserable, hopeless problems, money problems, depression and misery, but I'm not so young and pretty as you, and I don't live in a place I love, and Bono doesn't know me. I know it doesn't make you feel any better to hear others are worse off, but I hope it will make you feel better to know others really really do feel your pain and wish you the best. :hug: You are a nice, sweet, beautiful, good hearted person and I know your future will be something good you deserve!

Whatever it is that is upsetting you now, one day it will be a long, long time ago. There will come a time when this doesn't matter anymore. Think about the time you will tell this to your grandkids, or you can leave it behind and just forget it. But there WILL be better days for Emilie, so hang on until they find you. I know they will!!! :hug:

Last edited:
POST CONTINUED

got bounced out again, so went past the edit time. finishing here.

Can you be on e-m with a friend as you make a phone call to a service? if nothing else you may just have to *imagine that we are walking beside you* as you go to a counseling appointemnt.

Is it possible to have any friends in France call you, if they have more money than you? Or save a little just to at least heartheir voices.

DOn't let sd's bad experience with a conselor #scace you off # { no offense, SD I once had 2 docs at different times that i was often at odds with and because of #low funds#, I didn't have too much liberty to change to another. Luckily she, then he finally did thier rotations, so other ones came in I felt better with}.

If you do end up feeling bad enough, E, do call that first service's number. Maybe you can get the first service to give you the number of the second one you found

Something I thot of on the way up here

1] most people even when they *do make a change they WANT,* still some aspect of thjem *really misses the old rhythym/routine*! You might have some sub-concious part of you actting up as well, this way.

2] Youe *are now living in a country ?? 20 - 30 degrees more Northern Latitude than you ever have been in you life!

You might also have [adding to your misery], a touch of the ole' S.A.D. That is-- SeasonalEeffectiveness Disorder-- it usually occurs in people in the shorter & lower lighted months of the years. And that depends on where you are living! Also #greyer skies# MORE OFTEN can also effect people. I have amedium form of it!

almost out of time/money...

what's helped me in my most awful sets of months of #severe, extremely debilitating Depression#, is on some kind of sub-concious level, I've stored up enough moments/days/ experiences of joy of all kinds {the memories of people / experiences and things I Love} -- that has been *my Rock*--my Invisible Sun* as it were... so I didn't do anything drastic# and got help.

You Can, you Will feel better in time!{/COLOR]
blessed be :hug:

Last edited:
miss-U2 said:
i won't have to pay?? :eyebrow: but i don't know if i can talk about all of this in english u know :ohmy:

It's pretty much whatever the school decides but I where I go, we have an entire department devoted to counselling services and it's entirely free and confidential (I work on/fix/install their computers sometimes and they are SERIOUS when they say it's confidential, there's a lot of stuff I can't touch without their permission even though my department owns the machinery, etc).

If you're not quite comfortable going someplace unfamiliar in person just yet, try talking to someone here who's been treated for depression and can offer support and advice. I see a lot of people here have already offered their names and addresses so this is a great place to start. I've never had clinical depression before, but I am currently in college and I know what it's like to be living in the money-sucking-black-hole situation so if you need someone to talk to about money issues, send me an e-mail or PM. And I can also talk about finding out what you want to do with your life, I'm in the same situation now, just sort of gowing with the flow at the moment hoping an opportunity will present itself...

Please, please talk to a counselor. If you can't go in person, is there a phone support number? Sometimes it is easier to get a start talking about problems when you don't have another person directly in the room with you.
I wish that I had wiser words for you-like they always seem to have on TV:) but just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers:yes: :hug:

:hug: Emilie go see this person! I haven't read everyone else's comments but I'm sure they agree that calling is the right step.

My friend is a counselor. She loves her job. The person you see will not look down on you. They are in that line of work to help. Everything you say is confidential.

I had a lot of things I struggled with about 6 or 7 years ago. It was really bad and I couldn't talk to my parents about it. I didn't go to a counselor but I found someone I worked with who had kids my age. We became close and I eventually talked to her about my problems. She let me call her whenever I needed too just to talk about me. She would go out with me after work or meet with me on the weekends. I felt so relieved to have someone that wasn't my family or friends to talk to. This was someone who I hardly knew and she listened to my problems and helped me find solutions for them. It was so nice to have someone to talk to that didn't really know me or my background. She helped me out a lot more than I think she ever knew.

It's hard to make that first call but you'll be happy you did. You'll find someone that you can talk to about what's bothering you.

Emilie,

I am so glad to see you coming here to your friends to talk. That is the first step, and I really hope you take the next step and find a counselor to speak with at the University. (They should offer free services to students.) Call like BLS mentioned and ask to make an appointment and if anyone speaks French. :heart:

Also, no one on the phone will ask you details. I worked on campus as a resident assistant and I was trained that when students called Student Services, no one was questioned about "why". Look at all the amazing responses here- so many people know what it's like to go through depression, and there *are* ways out, as they prove. I hope you are able to take that step- I know we all want you to and Bono would, too! :hug: You do not have to go through this alone, and sometimes a new, trained person is exactly the right answer.

:hug: Olive

Back
Top Bottom