Need ur help...... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2004, 02:06 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 05:16 AM
Need ur help......

pleeeeeeease, cheer me up

i feel really really really down... jsut want to die, jsut want to let it go and sleep forever i have no hope anymore....

i know i shouldnot feel that way, i have no right to feel depressed... but sometimes, i can't avoid it ....

and this time, i really can't take it anymore, i am really in big shit, i have to find a solution, otherwise....

Old 03-17-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:16 AM
What's the matter, Emile?

sd

Old 03-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Do you have anyone you trust who you can talk to? Maybe even a professional counselor?

I feel sad and hope that you don't really mean some of the things you said. Please don't give up Believe me, I know how it feels, I've been there myself and still am sometimes.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

aw....

can you tell us what happened?
Old 03-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #5
Refugee

i have nobody to talk to i mean, in real, here with me...

and i really mean what i wrote

i am sorry to bug u with that... i didnot want to write this, i don't want to show to anybody i am depressed. But now, it is really too much

i can't explain to ya, it is really too complicated, and i think it is also a lots of stuff, added to other stuff, for years. One day, i just should talk about the whole of this
Old 03-17-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

I know you may not be comfortable talking out in the open here, but you need to talk to *someone* - keeping it all inside just makes the bad things rot and fester. Even if it's by email (and I know you have mine), I know most of us would be willing to just 'listen'. Do you have a guidance counselor for school? That would be another place to start, to ask about getting help for depression. Some people do ok just talking to someone, but sometimes you need medical intervention if you have a chemical imbalance. I've had several episodes of severe depression in my life, and they were usually brought on when I had major stress (similar to what I know you have) going on in my life.

You have already taken a big step just saying that you think you might be depressed - and it's nothing to be ashamed of
Old 03-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Everything bonosloveslave said is very wise
Old 03-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #8
Refugee

i just love you all you are really my best friends
i will be better (well a bit) when i will know what i am gonna do in my life

the only thing i want to do is staying close to fans, and do something for them and about U2 but unfortunately, this is not possible

so of course, i am just thinking about everything which is wrong in my life... and i am far from my friends, and....
Old 03-17-2004, 03:18 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave
Do you have a guidance counselor for school? That would be another place to start, to ask about getting help for depression. Some people do ok just talking to someone, but sometimes you need medical intervention if you have a chemical imbalance.

You have already taken a big step just saying that you think you might be depressed - and it's nothing to be ashamed of
Emilie

What bonosloveslave and others have said about seeing a guidance counselor or another professional is really important

I've also been through several episodes of depression in my life and it took me years before I talked to someone about it. When I finally did (talk to a counselor) it made so much of a positive difference There's nothing wrong with talking to someone, that's what they are there for. They can help, really

Please PM me if you want to talk about this more
Old 03-17-2004, 03:21 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by miss-U2
i just love you all you are really my best friends
i will be better (well a bit) when i will know what i am gonna do in my life

the only thing i want to do is staying close to fans, and do something for them and about U2 but unfortunately, this is not possible

You are doing that
Sometimes when you're depressed, it's hard to see what good things you're doing
Old 03-17-2004, 03:29 PM   #11
Refugee

i don't know where to go to see a counselor... and anyway, i will have to talk in english and in france, i don't know where to go either... and i don't want to tell my mum that i am seeing a counselor (if i do so)

and i know i am helping you, but that's not enough... and this is not gonna make me earn money i am going anywhere....
Old 03-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by miss-U2
i don't know where to go to see a counselor... and anyway, i will have to talk in english and in france, i don't know where to go either... and i don't want to tell my mum that i am seeing a counselor (if i do so)

Is there a student health clinic at the University? They usually have counselors on staff or can refer you to someone

And you don't have to tell you mother if you're uncomfortable doing so You're over 18, so the University will respect your right to privacy as well

I didn't tell my parents right away
Old 03-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #13
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Many university students struggle with this, you should have a resource through your school
Old 03-17-2004, 03:41 PM   #14
Refugee

i won't have to pay?? but i don't know if i can talk about all of this in english u know
Old 03-17-2004, 03:49 PM   #15
Refugee

i searched on the college website and i found this:

Student Health Unit
The Health Unit in NUI, Galway provides a totally confidential GP service. They operate a “triage” system where you get to see a nurse to start with. If required the nurse will make an appointment for you to see Dr Lysaght. The unit is open from 9:00am to 3:00pm with emergency cover between 3:00pm and 5:00pm. In an emergency there is 24 hour cover by calling 087 2623997. The one bit of advice though is to come early in the morning and early in your illness.

Services include:

Acne treatment
Meningitis vaccination
Vaccinations for travel
Eating disorders and problems with obesity
Psychological disorders (there is a psychiatrist)
Physiotherapy
Referral to consultants

Contact Persons:
Dr. Fionnuaghla Lysaght
Student Health Unit,
Áras na Mac Léinn,
Ext. 2604
Tel: 091 750451

is that it??? geez, i don't wanna call her... i don't know what i am gonna say... and once i will be there, i don't what we are gonna talk about.... she is gonna think i am stupid... and i ma sure i won't even manage to talk in english
Old 03-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #16
Refugee

i found another thing, i think it is the right one:

Counsellors
Studying at University is mostly enjoyable and trouble free, but difficulties can arise too; these may be related to life within the University or they may not. If there are any issues that are troubling you, consult the Counsellors as early as you can; they are skilled in the art of listening and have wide experience in dealing with the variety of situations and issues which students encounter.

They are caring and friendly professionals to whom, over the years, students have turned for help with every conceivable problem, ranging from:

Work-related stress
Study problems, concentration difficulties, examination anxiety;
Loneliness, shyness;
Coping with personal loss, grief;
Sexual conflicts;
Uncertainty about personal worth;
Other personal problems.
You can phone a Counsellor directly, or you can make an appointment through the Secretary at Ext. 2484. You are welcome, of course, to just drop into the office (we are open from 9.15am - 1.00pm; and from 2.15pm - 5.15pm). Students can be seen immediately in an emergency situation.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:54 PM   #17
Refugee

the problem is that i don't know where this place is and i don't wanna phone

anyway, no, that's a bad idea... i can't do that forget about it
Old 03-17-2004, 04:29 PM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:16 AM
My sister's at art college away from home(though in the same country) and has been finding it really hard. She's been feeling pretty much the same as you seem to be as well as feeling really shy and has been feeling pressured about work and deadlines.

She went to a counsellor (at the college) who really helped her out, she's starting to manage herworkload and have a bit of fun with her flatmates and other students, which she could never do before. She didn't want to go see anyone about it and was worried that they'd think she was just being stupid. Trust me, these counsellors see people like you the whole time, and will be supportive and offer ways that you can start manage all you have to do.
I know you're a bit worried about the language thing, but chances are that they will either have an english speaking counsellor or will be able to get one for you.

I hope this helps
lots of love
Old 03-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #19
Refugee

i think i need someone to take me by the hand and bring me there
Old 03-17-2004, 04:45 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:16 AM

I struggle a lot with depression, and like you, am studying a foreign country and dealing with loneliness, not knowing what kind of job I want (or not being able to do what I want), etc.

I was really reluctant to go to a counsellor, but I finally just couldn't take it anymore and emailed to make an appointment. I'm still on the waiting list for counselling sessions (the wait is usually 6-8 weeks long, so obviously a LOT of people are going through similar situations), but I went for an introductory session before being put on the waiting list, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. You should be able to just call and say you'd like to make an appointment with one of the counsellors. I don't think they'd ask any questions over the phone, so you wouldn't have to say anything embarrassing or say what you need to talk about.

Anyway, good luck, and feel free to email me at agirlinthisvicinity@yahoo.com if you need someone to talk to.