need-um help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have to write a speech on a controversial issue. It's not supposed to be something with great ethical ties (i.e. abortion) cos I won't be able to convince anyone on those. I also have to be able to find six print sources (web pages don't count) on the topic.
I'd LIKE to do the Drop the Debt thingy, mainly so I can put large pictures of Bono up on my powerpoint presentation, but I'm not finding print sources on it that aren't interviews with the B-man.
Other Ideas? Help?

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Use the website to get the names of each of the members of congress that he met with. Then you can request copies of official transcripts or use the web to find newspaper articles about those meetings - maybe even in the congressman's home district. For instance, Jesse Helms - contact his office and search the North Carolina newspapers. you can do most of the work online too. Just request by email or call for the hard copies. Or for the newspapers try the library.

Good luck

Originally posted by YellowKite:
Use the website to get the names of each of the members of congress that he met with. Then you can request copies of official transcripts or use the web to find newspaper articles about those meetings - maybe even in the congressman's home district. For instance, Jesse Helms - contact his office and search the North Carolina newspapers. you can do most of the work online too. Just request by email or call for the hard copies. Or for the newspapers try the library.

Good luck

That was really informative! Have you done this or something?

Anyhew...I get off track...Kristie, can you lemme know some of the sources you find? I'm writing about Drop the Debt for a scholarship and my main resource is the Harvard speech....which is a bad source...so I'll let you know what I find if you let me know what you find ok?

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Um.. heh, I decided to do it on the Neandertals instead. It's something I've done SEVERAL papers on so I already had the sources/research/knew all about it.
*cheater*
sorry!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Attention Any Scandinavians!
I need someone who wants to volunteer for an interview about the Vikings for my final paper for English. Send me an email if you can help me (splutti@cs.com).

Back
Top Bottom