NEED! Ultraviolet live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macphisto never sang it, he was Mirrorball Man the few times he performed it live. He was Mirrorball Man in the US, Mac in Europe.

^ Yeah he did.

I'd do some caps for you, but I haven't even see yet since I need to wait a ridiculously large amount of time for the video to load. [I'm on dial up! -_-]

Edit; Actually, when I still had high speed, I saw a video where Mac performs it. It's like 9 mins and something. Unless the link I just gave is from the same concert, just different vid.

Last edited:
The Sad Punk said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOllhxpBXs

I like this one a bunch.

112 times = "few"?

Thanks for the link, I'd never seen that one.
MacPhisto as a character really only existed for the spoken-word interludes - Bono didn't usually perform as MacPhisto, even if was still wearing the costume - the notable exception being "Desire," I think, although someone can correct me if I'm wrong. That said, Bono hasn't had a consistent stage personality since the mid-eighties; he adopts different vocal styles and different physical mannerisms for different songs. On the Vertigo Tour he sometimes seemed to be channelling MacPhisto without realizing it...

bgmckinney said:

That said, Bono hasn't had a consistent stage personality since the mid-eighties; he adopts different vocal styles and different physical mannerisms for different songs. On the Vertigo Tour he sometimes seemed to be channelling MacPhisto without realizing it...

Different vocal styles and mannerisms can be a part of a consistent stage persona. :shrug:

Really ? How did he channel MacPhisto on Vertigo tour ?

UV was always played right after the Macphisto phonecalls (well at least in the europe shows I know of) and it can be noted by Edge's guitar... otherwise I don't know how to identify the pictures...
I can't find any pics of them both now where Edge plays the Gibson Explorer, so of the pics I have I"m not sure if they're taken during UV or not... perhaps someone here has some?

and as far as I know it was Macphisto too who sang Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car, in mac voice...

Serena Vox said:
^ Yeah he did.

I'd do some caps for you, but I haven't even see yet since I need to wait a ridiculously large amount of time for the video to load. [I'm on dial up! -_-]

Edit; Actually, when I still had high speed, I saw a video where Mac performs it. It's like 9 mins and something. Unless the link I just gave is from the same concert, just different vid.

Whoever did that video had a serious Adam thing going...sheesh!

BrownEyedBoy said:
One of the worst track selection crimes perpetrated by U2 - and that would be saying something - was not including this song on the Zoo TV DVD.

they didnt do it on the australian leg that why its not on the dvd, which sux! they did Daddys gonna pay and Lemon instead of desire and Ultraviolet.

I kind of hope that we'll get a cleaned up version of the Washington or Stockholm 1992 proshots with an Achtung Baby sassy edition remaster, just to make up for that.

Back
Top Bottom