Need Injury Info!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

promenade

The Fly
Hi guys--I posted this in the middle of another thread, but maybe I'll get more answers now...

Could you experts tell me about Bono's back woes? My husband just had surgery on a ruptured disc...didn't Bono have a similar problem? (I want to give my husband inspiration--Bono looked pretty healthy running around the heart!!)
Thanks

p.s. Someone mentioned that it was Larry who had back surgery--I could have sworn Bono had some kind of disc problem too, though...

We hear rumors of him missing a movie premiere or something because of his back but nothing definite or official. If it's true and he wants us to know he'll mention it in an interview or something. If he wants to keep it to himself he will and we should respect that. The only thing I ever heard him say was, when asked about his back at the NY Times talk thing last year, he replied he'd been 'having way too much sex for a man my age" :sexywink:

All I know about Larry's back is the stories about him taking bull's blood injections for it. Never heard about any operation.

There were stories circulating about a year ago that Bono had ruptured a disc and was in extreme pain. There was no surgery though, as far as anyone knows. Bono mentioned something about therapy involving electro-magnetic impulses, or something to that effect. I really feel for your husband, as I have a serious degenerative back condition (which is actually why I am at home today). I guess there's no clear inspiration for your husband in Bono's story, as his injury was long after the laps around the heart.
But he IS certainly looking well these days.:yes:

Did your husband have a laminectomy or a spinal fusion? Either way with proper rehab a person should be able to go back to close to 100%. This is just the RN in me talking but avoid smoking as it can cause improper fusion. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Thanks all for your nice words-- He had a microdiscectomy (I think that included a laminectomy). Nurse Chrissi--would you mind if I sent you an e-mail about your opinions about walking/going up and down the stairs post-surgery? We've talked to his drs. about this of course, but I like to hear different health practitioners opinions. Thanks!

I'm not sure about Bono, but I did read somewhere a while ago that Larry had surgery right before the Pop recording sessions. I'll have to see if I can dig up the article (I have so many).

I can tell you that Gavin Friday had a herniated disk in his back and surgery [which eventually lead to being the catalyst for creating "Peter and the Wolf"].

And I think he's looking pretty damn good now. /2c

RogueVox said:
I can tell you that Gavin Friday had a herniated disk in his back and surgery [which eventually lead to being the catalyst for creating "Peter and the Wolf"].

And I think he's looking pretty damn good now. /2c

He certainly does! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom