need help with watermarks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladylardence

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Can someone please help me with removing these nasty watermarks? I love this pic of Larry, but I have no idea how to get rid of those things. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys! :)
younglarry.jpg

This photo has copyright which you are not entitled to. I've responded to your thread there as well.

Please dont use Interference to remove watermarks without permission from the owner.

Thanks.

:eyebrow: people around here, including mods, remove watermarks all the time. :slant: There's even been threads started about getting some help or advice on how to remove watermarks. There's a HUGE thread in pleba where people have posted requesting a watermark removed by someone with Photoshop and other programs.

www.musicpictures.com is a professional site. Its like taking Otto's watermarks off without permission. Watermarks are put on pictures mostly to stop people from using that image without permission, or in this case, offering them for free on the condition of a watermark IF they dont want to pay for the print.
Most people want these pictures for their own personal use, either on a small website or just to have on their own comp/whatever and get them from equally 'small' users who are not trying to make a living. I guess it really depends on the owner of the photo as to how much of this is a problem, but seeing as this is not your regular small time fan site, I'd guess it is a bit more important to them.

I fully understand why watermarks are there. My point is if I were to post asking for help there's a mod who would gladly tell me how to remove it or just do it for me.

So you're saying no one around here really cares about the 'why' and the reason behind them, and if someone has done it in the past it is ok? Really, I dont quite follow how this is like what I assume most of the other times would have been about.

Sorry, I didn't realise it was such a big deal. I only asked because I know there were other posts where there have been watermarks removed. I didn't mean to start a big argument. :(

yes, basically watermarks are there to protect having your art/pictures used without you having any say over it/making any money with them

I don't really care what mods have done in this respect in the past
we will need to come to a decision on how we - being the Interference moderating team - will deal with this in the future

first of all we need to determine whether we could get in legal trouble
second part will be the moral issue

we are surely interested in your view on this and we will start a thread at some time to ask for your opinion
we will appreciate your input then
we do not appreciate it when mods get bombarded with pm's over this

and when I say "don't appreciate it" I mean that it will only achieve in pissing us off

I think the mods/super mods need to discuss this in the mod forum. Until a policy, regardless of the past, has been decided... this 'topic' is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom