Need help with the Eras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phistolemon

Acrobat
Hey!

ok, this is my first thread here, so I hope I'm doing everything right :| if not, please tell me or delete this.

but I really need your help!
Let me explain:
I have tons of U2 pictures (as we all have, right? hehe :wink: )
and I want to order them, like:
Boy Album, October Album .... HtdaAB ablum and so on.

But, honestly, I have troubles to order them.
So I'll post the pictures I can't identify to any album and I hope you can help me, ok? =]
also you could discuss some tips for me for how I can identifiy them easier, I'd really appreciate that!

ok, here we go:

f9fbe798.jpg

(October?)

ac7fd9ad.jpg

(Atyclb or Htdaab?)

c2550f73.jpg

(???)

I so can't decide between Achtung, Baby! and Zooropa -_-"
dbb9412e.jpg

0b32e01d.jpg

9465a727.jpg

18966043.jpg

heeeelp!

the first one is Boy era... during october the Fro wasn't THAT big anymore :D
the Edge pic next is HTDAAB(2003/4 I believe)
that adam pic... I don't know... confuses me a bit... might be UF era
Edge sparkly pants Achtung Baby(but I take AB and Zooropa together as an era ... 1990-94)
the band one must be Zooropa, because the mohawk(adam) has grown out already...
The Fly pic is AB
and I honestly have no idea about that last one... could be R&H or even ATYCLB :huh:

Oh thank you galeon!

ok, big Adam fro -> Boy album :D

the other Adam pic..I don't think it's TUF, TUF-Adam looks so different on the special of the Elevation (Slane) DVD. hmm :huh:

sparkly Edge pants -> AB.
But why do you see AB and Zooropa as one era? that are two different albums :-\

yeah, the last one...Adam with the beard, also here:
0c3d4c55.jpg

Re: Re: Need help with the Eras

SimplyConfused said:

I think that one might be ATYCLB because his hair looks like it might be grey and I know that he had a good body, abs and everything in the ATYCLB era. Well, at least, I think so...

the two photos of adam with the beard are taken in New York while he and Larry were living there and taking lessons, after the pop era; inbetween era : pop <-> atyclb

ok, thanks, I'll put this pics into POP =D because I order the pictures also after releasing one album. so a pic close before atyclb will still be in the POP orderer..

and what about those?

f6455c6f.jpg

25270c11.jpg

ff70630c.jpg

Last edited:
phistolemon said:
hmm...I'm not sure if the first one of Bono's AB. I thought TUF r something :huh: anyway, thanks for your help!

Yes it is:yes:. It's on B.P. Fallon's book called "Faraway, So Close" written precisely when the band was getting prepared for the tour and during the tour.
In fact, B.P. Fallon took that picture.
By the way, I love that book.

Re: Re: Re: Need help with the Eras

oct_31st said:

the two photos of adam with the beard are taken in New York while he and Larry were living there and taking lessons, after the pop era; inbetween era : pop <-> atyclb

hmm I rather thought it is between Zooropa & Pop

I remember Flanagan's book ends after Zooropa and it he already describes larry/ adam living in NY and Adam sports the beard - there is even a pic of it in the book

sorry, if i am wrong, but i really think it is the earlier era :)

i think the bearded album is between zooropa and pop, not between pop and ayclb. right around passengers - when u2 was sending out those "expect nothing" postcards.

ahmad said:
i think the bearded album is between zooropa and pop, not between pop and ayclb. right around passengers - when u2 was sending out those "expect nothing" postcards.

You are correct.

bearded *adam,* i mean (not album)
bono in the hat is from pop era, a spin right before the album came out.
bono, that's during the making of achtung baby (in an old rolling stone magazine)

Well the first one is from the Pop era, it's from a photo shot they did for a Q interview, March 1997, entitled The Professsionals! And the second one is from the Achtung Baby era. Coz eerr, it's one of the many photos on the cover of the Achtung Baby album!!:huh:

Shame on me, I know :D
but I know all the songs and, honestly, AB is the album I like least of all. Although I think when I have it my opinion will change after some weeks - Im the person who has to listen to an album for a long time :shrug:

phistolemon said:
but I know all the songs and, honestly, AB is the album I like least of all. Although I think when I have it my opinion will change after some weeks - Im the person who has to listen to an album for a long time :shrug:

But, but, how can you not like Achtung Baby?! It has some of U2s best songs on it!? Like One, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Love is Blindness, So Cruel, Zoo Station, to name but a few!!!:huh: But I suppose there's no argueing with taste!!! You either like something or you don't!!:shrug:

phistolemon said:

:madwife:
GET THAT ALBUUM NOW AND LISTEN TO IT FFS!

it's my most favorite album... the emotion captured in all the songs is marvelous...
I also had with most recorsd that songs need to grow on ya... but I didn't have it with AB... I 'felt' it right away...
In my opinion, you should not listen to music... you should Feel it! I know it sounds weird... but if you listen to music on a high volume, and do nothing besides it, just focus on the songs... it'll grow on you, or not, but then you know for sure you just don't fit the song.... but mostly it grows... and I sort of analyze all the music... I focus on a drum part, or a guitar part, or a bass part(since I already know all the vocals :D) I usually tap my feet in the rhytmn of a song without noticing it tho...

and that larry picture posted before, it's Rattle and Hum era, not JT... :wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:

But, but, how can you not like Achtung Baby?! It has some of U2s best songs on it!? Like One, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Love is Blindness, So Cruel, Zoo Station, to name but a few!!!:huh: But I suppose there's no argueing with taste!!! You either like something or you don't!!:shrug:

I know there are some of their best songs, but there are some I just don't like (yet) and I like other albums (POP, Htdaab, Rattle&Hum etc) more because I love every song. That's the tiny difference...but if you want to then buy me the cd and I'll have a look again :wink: :wink:

*lol* seriously, I just have a cd player :huh: what a pity..

@souly:
I don't like downloading songs, you know, try to avoid it and buy the org. CD. And I will have AB one day, no worries :)

phistolemon said:
*lol* seriously, I just have a cd player :huh: what a pity..

@souly:
I don't like downloading songs, you know, try to avoid it and buy the org. CD. And I will have AB one day, no worries :)

you should!
and you're right about original stuff ^^
I started with a copied HTDAAB last year january 14... best thing ever happened to me in my life! and I'd be my friend gratefull for an eternity for giving it to me!
Last saturday I finally completed my set, I now have all 14, sadly I still have ATYCLB, Pop, and best of 1980-90 copied, but next month I'll get the real ones(this months' money is already gone :D) and the 80-90 Bsides..I found out in a little record store here they have the doubles, I got 90-00 with Bsides and a little Bonus dvd thingy(with the Eze Beautiful Day vid and the Bonodorkydance :lol: ) and now I have the dvd of 90-00 aswell.. :) and I saw the Joshua Tree dvd in the big record store too saturday... it was pretty expensive, might aswell get that one next month too ^^
now go out and buy AB! :wink:

Galeongirl said:

Last saturday I finally completed my set, I now have all 14, sadly I still have ATYCLB, Pop, and best of 1980-90 copied, but next month I'll get the real ones(this months' money is already gone :D) and the 80-90 Bsides..I found out in a little record store here they have the doubles, I got 90-00 with Bsides and a little Bonus dvd thingy(with the Eze Beautiful Day vid and the Bonodorkydance :lol: ) and now I have the dvd of 90-00 aswell.. :) and I saw the Joshua Tree dvd in the big record store too saturday... it was pretty expensive, might aswell get that one next month too ^^
now go out and buy AB! :wink:

Your post just made me feel all giddy, reminded me of when I would scrounge around to complete my U2 c.d. collection :hyper:

There will always be plenty of singles and other misc. items to be bought so I guess the search nevery really ends!

oh and phistolemon, get AB you will not regret it.

Back
Top Bottom