Need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MullenGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hello all! I have been reading the posts and watching the pics that you PLEBAns have posted here lately (especially with Larry :wink: ) and I assume you have a lot of pics, just like I do... and I was wondering if someone knows about a good programme that can organize your pictures, because I can't manage them anymore. I have a lot of pics and I just don't know how to organize them so I could find them more easily. :huh:

Any suggestion and help is very appreciated! Thank you! :)

P.S. A couple of days ago I have discovered the Moobday threads :drool: :drool:
Awesome pictures! Oh and tomorrow is going to be a Moobday right? :wink:

I don't know about programs, but I just organize mine by band member, and by era. Each member gets his own folder, as well as a band folder, for photos of the whole band, or at least two members. I keep my filenames organized by member, era, description. For example "bonojtbwsultry" would be a black and white, Joshua Tree era photo of Bono looking sultry :wink:
Most of my pictures are of Bono, and his is the only folder with ultra-organization, for example, his folder gets an extra sub-folder, just for Pop era photos of him (Pop!Bono is my favourite :drool: )

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I don't know about programs, but I just organize mine by band member, and by era. Each member gets his own folder, as well as a band folder, for photos of the whole band, or at least two members. I keep my filenames organized by member, era, description. For example "bonojtbwsultry" would be a black and white, Joshua Tree era photo of Bono looking sultry :wink:
Most of my pictures are of Bono, and his is the only folder with ultra-organization, for example, his folder gets an extra sub-folder, just for Pop era photos of him (Pop!Bono is my favourite :drool: )

Yeah, that's how I do it as well. the folders of the band members have again two folders described as 'Baby...' and then the name of the member. then a folder for every era and then again for Live Photos, public, screencaps etc. ^^
I dunno how a programm could organize all that stuff :shrug:

I think Photobucket is the best you can get with organizing. Needless to say, my Larry folder has at least a thousand more pics than my Bono folder :)giggle: ) but like DOL and Dahlia mentioned, it's easier to organize by eras first, then onstage/offstage. events, photosessions, etc.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Now I have to get started organizing pictures... It's going to be a really hard work! I think at the end I will be like this :crack:

Babydoll: :wink: I am in the same situation as you are... Larry all over the place... :drool: And from time to time a little Bono, Edge & Adam... :lol:

Thanks again for everything! :)

I organised my 18K pics :reject: into folders as I went along.
I do eras for Bono and a separate folder for Edge, Adam and Larry. I got loads of pics for 'now' era, so I just give each folder the name of a song, or maybe organise by 'pink shirt' 'purple shirt' pics cos they are my fave :D

I really need to get out more :reject:

I think I have to organize my folders again; I have so many double pictures because I honestly don't know which pictures I already have and which I don't have.
BTW, my favourite folder is the "Bono in purple" folder, because I love him in purple. I have recently added a "Bono in pink" folder. I was actually surprised how well he is wearing his pink shirts.
A little stupid, I know, but colours are important for me ...

Depends on what you mean my organization. A lot of digital camera software comes with programs that allow you to batch name photos and copy them directly into folders as they're being transfered onto the computer. That way, you don't have to go back and sort them and rename them all. That's for photos YOU take though.

I've used batch renaming programs that allow you to rename an entire folder of files at once (like if you had 100 Elevation Bono photos, you'd name them "Elevation Bono" and they'd end up like "Elevation Bono 01" "Elevation Bono 02".....). Just Google for "batch rename freeware".

I used to have over 13,000 photos of Bono from birth-2002 and I kept them sorted by tour/look. It was too much work having that many, so I stopped in 2002 and now just save high quality versions of my favorite few.

I wish there was a program to organise! My rather modest 5000 or so pics are organised into 12 folders (Bono, Edge, Larry, Dallas etc..) and then in each of those there are subfolders by era. Works ok for me, although my Edge folder is huge and occasionally unmanageable :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom