Naughty Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Ok, so is the NY Post like a tabloid? This blurb was in there:

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix.htm

by RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON

Turly burly

CHRISTY Turlington has yet to find a man to replace her ex-fianc? Ed Burns, but she still has her good buddy Bono to get wild with. Turlington, Bono and five pals partied at Privilege strip club in Chelsea Friday night, spending $3,500 on four bottles of Cristal. "They both got lots of lap dances and stayed until 4 a.m." says a spy. "And they shook everyone's hand in the place - down to the last busboy." Before their jaunt to the jiggle joint, Bono and Turlington enjoyed a 10-course dinner at Danube, right after working up an appetite at the opening of Stella McCartney's boutique.

I admit, I think very highly of Bono and have a hard time believing he would be doing this. Am I totally naive?:scratch:

I'm afraid you're a bit naive! This is indeed our naughty Bono. Did you read Until the End of the World? He can be a bad boy. Not real bad, mind you, but I can totally see him doing all this. The New York Post isn't exactly high quality journalism, but it isn't a sleazy tabloid either. Usually. Well, it has tabloid tendencies, shall we say, but New Yorkers actually do read it to get the news, along with the Daily News and the New York Times.

I actually don't hold a lot of stock in what they print after the fiasco with them announcing that U2 would supposedly be playing the NFL opening game in New York (that Bon Jovi ended up doing).

I'd like to think that Bono is a saint, but believe me, if I had the chance to give him a lap dance, baby you KNOW I would!! :drool: :eek: :heart:

*Haven't gotten to read Until the End Of The World yet*

Well, like I said, they have tabloid tendencies but they're not like total trash. Certainly not the most reliable paper in the world, but New Yorkers do have a weird affection for/obsession with Page Six. Page Six is a daily ritual.

I am sure that Bono was extremely respectful to the lap dancers. In Until the End of the World (a MUST read), Bill Flanagan talks about how the band has had women throwing themselves at them for so long that it's not even remotely interesting to them. So I'm sure Bono & Christie were having fun but not nasty fun. When I lived in NYC strip clubs actually had become fashionable amongst both women and men, so I doubt that it was any kind of seedy scene (especially at $3500 for 4 bottles of Cristal).

Re: Re: Naughty Bono?

martha said:

I'm having trouble getting past this. Suddenly I want to work at a strip club.

:shocked: :laugh:

I support this career change. :mac:

I think the details are a bit extragant even for Bono. But I wouldn't be surprised if he and Christy actually went to the club.

Hehe, sounds pretty tame compared to some of the stuff in the Flanagan book, now there's some pretty disturbing stuff there:shocked:

BTW, in the book, Ali actually encouraged Bono to hang out with Christy, she told him not to miss the opportunity just because of the stupid paparazzis, not let them rule his life. Pretty secure woman, Ali:up:

lady lemonade said:

BTW, in the book, Ali actually encouraged Bono to hang out with Christy, she told him not to miss the opportunity just because of the stupid paparazzis, not let them rule his life. Pretty secure woman, Ali:up:

:yes:

Also Bono has said when he brings girls (i.e. Christy, A Corr, etc...) home, they end up liking Ali more.

She definately deserves a lot of credit, because if my man were hanging out with models and good looking women, I think the green eyed monster would be in full force.

daisybean said:

:yes:

Also Bono has said when he brings girls (i.e. Christy, A Corr, etc...) home, they end up liking Ali more.

She definately deserves a lot of credit, because if my man were hanging out with models and good looking women, I think the green eyed monster would be in full force.

Yes, this is what I think too!

Even though I'd rather not see stories like this, and it does hurt my glowing image of him some, I don't think he's cheating or anything. Like Daisy said he brings these girls home and Ali knows them and is secure in her relationship and trusts Bono. Other rock stars have done MUCH worse LOL! Just recently I read a story where Bon Jovi had admitted infidelity to his wife. She's still with him, his high school sweetheart like Ali and just recently had a third baby, but that proves from his own mouth that he cheated. I really don't believe Bono ever has.

Youse guys........remember....I swear there was this one thread a long time ago about if U2 were strippers.......also remember the bowling alley girls?

U2Kitten said:

Yes, this is what I think too!

Even though I'd rather not see stories like this, and it does hurt my glowing image of him some, I don't think he's cheating or anything. Like Daisy said he brings these girls home and Ali knows them and is secure in her relationship and trusts Bono. Other rock stars have done MUCH worse LOL! Just recently I read a story where Bon Jovi had admitted infidelity to his wife. She's still with him, his high school sweetheart like Ali and just recently had a third baby, but that proves from his own mouth that he cheated. I really don't believe Bono ever has.

We really don't know if he has or he hasn't.

He's obviously got a marriage that works for him, and it works for her too, whatever it may be. I'm sure they've had their rough times as anyone who has been married 20 years has.

As far as his glowing image, this is what Bono dislikes. He may be an amazing person- we know that he is
:love: , but he has always said, he holds dear the right to be ridiculous and we have to remember he's been a rock star a lot longer than a 3rd world debt crusader ( at least to the general public). He's not perfect and we shouldn't hold him to a higher degree than any other fallible human being.

The thing I like about Flanagan is that they *let* him put those stories in there. Not all of them are flattering, shall we say. But they didn't have to let that stuff be in the book. They could have asked him to take it out, but they didn't. I love that honesty.

Realise this.

YOU DO NOT KNOW BONO

YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER KNOW HIM

So, stop judging him based on his images. Based on the fact he SAYS he is in love with Ali and so on.

I am definately not saying he has cheated, but come on guys, how can you judge him when you do not know him.

He has PR people and publicists creating his images, only those closest to him know the REAL Bono.

Mmmmkkkkk

Squidgy said:
Realise this.

YOU DO NOT KNOW BONO

YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER KNOW HIM

So, stop judging him based on his images. Based on the fact he SAYS he is in love with Ali and so on.

I am definately not saying he has cheated, but come on guys, how can you judge him when you do not know him.

He has PR people and publicists creating his images, only those closest to him know the REAL Bono.

Alllllllllllrighty then.......................

Touch? :eyebrow:

Chill out Squidgy.

You make a good point...kinda...just watch you tone...

If we didn't discuss bono's image and how he comes across those PR people you speak of wouldn't have jobs, now would they?

There is no harm in reacting to things that are printed about the boys.

Bono is a human being and likes being treated as such. He doesn't like this "saint" image that he gets from some of the media........I think that's all anyone is trying to say. He's a terrific person, a sweetheart, but not a saint.

I know Bono trys to shrug off the "saint" image, and I know he is a fallible human being. I guess I'm sort of projecting my feelings (if that's the right way to put it) about how I would feel if my husband was caught getting a lap dance. I can gather from media snippets over the years that Bono and Ali have a very trusting relationship, and she is probably a wife who doesn't have a problem with her husband going to nudie bars, getting lap dances, etc., as long as he doesn't *actually cheat*. Call me a prude, oversensitive, jealous, whatever, but I would be very hurt if my husband chose to do those things - you can say that "boys will be boys", but my husband knows how damaging something like that would be to our marriage.

*Just my 2 cents* :angel: :wave:

Yes, there are definitely things that are not cool within a marriage. A friend of mine is getting a divorce because her husband cheated on her, and I don't blame her. He completely blew the whole trust deal in the relationship because he was dishonest. This shocked me; I didn't know about the cheating and I thought this couple had the marriage from heaven. What a shock to hear about the divorce!! It happens.:sad: :shocked: :shocked: :shame:

FishNeedsABicycle said:
Chill out Squidgy.

You make a good point...kinda...just watch you tone...

If we didn't discuss bono's image and how he comes across those PR people you speak of wouldn't have jobs, now would they?

There is no harm in reacting to things that are printed about the boys.

Thank you, Fishy. I agree with you.

Wasn't there some press during the, I believe, 1st leg of the Elevation tour in USA, where all of the u2 guys went to a strip club I think in the midwest someplace, like Kansas???

I just have the image of the Batta-Bing Club from the Sopranos:uhoh:

What I am saying is do not judge things about a man you really don't know.

I get annoyed when I hear quotes like, "Bono wouldn't do a thing like this." or "Bono isn't like that". We are all entitled to our own opinions, but do not say things like that, because it is not true, you really don't know Bono.

Oh, and sorry if I came off in a pissed tone.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom