mysterious Bono drawing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Ok, need help here...I got Bono's autograph yesterday. He drew a picture and I can't figure out what it is. I'm thinking maybe a flower...an iris or something. It's...well...if he was drawing something in honor of Adam's birthday, it would be an appropriate tribute.
smile.gif
I don't have a scanner, so I can't show you, but if anyone has an autograph or has seen one with a drawing on it, what type of things does he typically draw?

Originally posted by jkayet:
Thanks for all the congrats on the Bono run-in! We were going crazy, but some of my friends didn't quite see how monumental the moment was
smile.gif

I'm thinking the picture is a flower now...not the same one in the picture posted here, but I can see how it could be an iris maybe. One of my friends has a scanner - I'll see if I can use it sometime and try to share the drawing.

Yes! I would love to see it!!

btw----- WELCOME TO PLEBA!!!! So.. who's your poison????

------------------
Lightning flashes across the sky
East to west, do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candlelight.

Wow, congrats you lucky thing you!!!!!
*As I seethingly sulk away with jealousy*

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

btw----- WELCOME TO PLEBA!!!! So.. who's your poison????

Thanks!! After years and years of deliberation...have to go with Edge
smile.gif

IMO: Who cares what Bono draw?? The thing is that you got HIS autograph and you got to meet him!!!!!!

Very true. Some people just interpreted the drawing in an...interesting way (i.e. it makes me afraid to show it to my mother)
smile.gif
so I've been determined to figure out what it really is.

Originally posted by jkayet:

Some people just interpreted the drawing in an...interesting way

Just for the record...I was not the first one to say that. I was the one who said it was probably a flower, as a matter of fact.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by elizabeth:
my kind of pleban...

Thanks!
smile.gif
It was unavoidable. Seeing him in Tampa from across the stage (I was on Edge's side) did me in. Now I want a bass, the pants, the glasses, a spoon collection, a French bulldog that I can feed from Paul McG's plate, everything (sadly, I'm too poor). I'm an addicted...addict.

------------------
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by meegannie:
Thanks!
smile.gif
It was unavoidable. Seeing him in Tampa from across the stage (I was on Edge's side) did me in. Now I want a bass, the pants, the glasses, a spoon collection, a French bulldog that I can feed from Paul McG's plate, everything (sadly, I'm too poor). I'm an addicted...addict.

uh oh, Elizabeth, you found your twin!
wink.gif

LMAO congrats on your run in, I do hope you find a scanner interpreting pictures are our specialty *mind wonders back to the elevated thread*

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Just for the record...I was not the first one to say that
Yeah, oddly enough, I think our boss was the first to suggest the possiblities for the drawing...

If you do get the chance to scan it, I'd love to see it!
I will do my best to get it scanned! It won't be until tomorrow, but I'll try - I'd love to get more opinions.

Hey never mind the "drawing"!! Tell us about your meeting Bono!!!!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Congrats on meeting Bono. You are very lucky!!

Sometime's he draws a little picture of him with a hat and sunglasses. Could that be it?? it is sort of abstract, and might look like a flower!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

A spoon!!! Makes sense!!! But here is the flower and a little self portrait!

3339368323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A8%3E573%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A4%3B8%3A%3A7nu0mrj

3339368323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A8%3E573%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A4%3B8%3A%3A8nu0mrj

AND PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR MEETING WITH BONO!

------------------
East to west, do or die

Sometime's he draws a little picture of him with a hat and sunglasses. Could that be it?? it is sort of abstract, and might look like a flower!!!

I met Bono at the same time as Jenn, and he drew the self-portrait on mine, and it definitely didn't look like whatever he drew on hers... After seeing the flower, though, I think that may be what it was supposed to be. It just looks a little questionable.
smile.gif

I kind of wish I'd gotten the "Adam tribute," though since he's my favourite.

------------------

Originally posted by meegannie:
I met Bono at the same time as Jenn, and he drew the self-portrait on mine, and it definitely didn't look like whatever he drew on hers... After seeing the flower, though, I think that may be what it was supposed to be. It just looks a little questionable.
smile.gif

I kind of wish I'd gotten the "Adam tribute," though since he's my favourite.

tell us more about meeting bono!! where? when? how? details, please!!
biggrin.gif

Well, I work in DC and after many days where Bono has been in town, but I missed him (he's been here a lot lately!), I finally got lucky. He was in the building where I work for a meeting. Someone else who works in my office (also a huge fan) and I got a call from someone in another office who found out about Bono. We ran down to the room he was in and managed to get an autograph. It really was amazing. Security wasn't pleased, but Bono was so nice about giving everyone an autograph before security pulled him away.

As for the picture, (as Megan posted too, I think) it really doesn't look like a self-portrait. That flower is might be close though. Just a different type of flower, I guess...

Jenn

Here is the hat drawing!!! I alos love his handwriting Ana.... sexy!

3339368323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A8%3E573%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A4%3C486%3Cnu0mrj

------------------
East to west, do or die

*very* cool story!! talk about a chance encounter- congratulations on your autograph and weird flower drawing!!! lol!

biggrin.gif

Now that you know what the drawing is supposed to be, maybe now you won't have to cover it up when you show the autograph to people!
smile.gif

We need to get frames (and I still need to find something to do with that folded up trash one)!

------------------

Thanks for all the congrats on the Bono run-in! We were going crazy, but some of my friends didn't quite see how monumental the moment was
smile.gif

I'm thinking the picture is a flower now...not the same one in the picture posted here, but I can see how it could be an iris maybe. One of my friends has a scanner - I'll see if I can use it sometime and try to share the drawing.

Wow congrats! I was wondering if there would be any 'fans' in the building or just a bunch o people wondering who the guy with the shades was.

smile.gif

Ok, sorry I didn't get back with the autograph - it's taken a while! Anyway, so I have it scanned, but I can't figure out how to post it! Is there a way to post a scanned picture or does it have to be on a website to post it?

jkayet, you can post me the scan (jpeg-format) to boston7@gmx.net - I will put it on bravenet.com and sent you the url to finally post the pic on this thread.
I will be around for 1 h.

Jen

Back
Top Bottom