My "zoo Confessional"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I want to thank everyone who has posted in PLEBA about their time and experiences with Bono in Philly this past weekend. Your pics, thoughts, feelings and experiences have helped to get through a very difficult decision that I had to make - NOT to go to Philly!

And since it seems that the B-man has revived his Zoo antics of picking up a phone and calling some iffy politician, I feel compelled to make my Zoo confessional. I hope that you all will be kind and understanding with me.

BONO -

I have always been a VERY strong supporter of DATA's efforts to secure a positive Future for Africa. I was there with you, Agnes and DATA at the first "Heart of America" event in Lincoln,Nebraska on 1 December 2002. I was there with you and DATA at the "Salute to Greatness" activities in Atlanta in January 2004. But I wasn't there in Philly to support you and DATA's efforts for Africa's Future - and I feel like maybe I didn't do the right thing.

Bono, I have always heard you say how you want to "grow a movement" for Africa. I am a co-ordinator of HIV/AIDS projects for a local group which does outreach work in Africa. I try to raise awareness and activism for Africa in my community.
(to be cont'd):bono: :love: :wave:

Before I knew of the ONE Rally in Philly, I had accepted an opportunity to speak with a local group on the AIDS pandemic in Africa and hopefully bring new activists into our collective movement for Africa.

By the time I found out about the Rally, it was really too late to pull out of the speaking engagement and not have our struggle for Africa appear to be irresponsible or disorganized. Since I didn't want to leave that impression, I made one of the hardest decisions of my life. I decided NOT to come to Philly to be with you.

Now, I look out the wonderful pics of the Rally (SO GOOD to see Agnes again) and of the Commencement and I wonder if I made the right decision!

Bono, I just wanted you to know why I wasn't there. You might have noticed that I wasn't there - or maybe not. But I needed to find a way to let you know WHY I wasn't there.

I hope that I will see again soon. Until then, I will continue to work for Africa's Future knowing that you probably would tell me that I actually DID do the right thing. YOU NEED ALL OF US TO BE VOICES FOR AFRICA. :up: :angel: :hug:

So, BONO - thank you for being my Guiding Light, my Truest Love, my Soul's Inspiration.

And thank you, dear PLEBA, for hearing this "Zoo Confessional".

ONE LOVE, ONE HEART, ONE VOICE, ONE GOAL, ONE... :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Thank you, bonosloveslave, for your compassion toward me - that is exactly what Bono would want us to give each other!:yes:

It's encouraging to know that there are U2 people like you in the world. :up: :hug:

If we can not be kind to each other - why are we U2 people?

And Bono wants us to do more than just pay lip service to his work for Africa - he needs us, his fan/follower base, to BECOME ACTIVISTS LIKE HIM FOR AFRICA!:angel: :hug:

If we REALLY care for him as much as we say we do, then we will DO AS HE ASKS US!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

Thanks, my friends, for showing me your interest and support in my time of Bono-need.:sexywink:

I will post tomorrow in the Lemonade Stand a little bit about what I do in my area (and what I'm TRYING to do) for Africa. Like everyone else here, it has been a TREMENDOUS BONO WEEK and I am just now catching up on everything the B-man has been doing this past two weeks.:yes:

HE IS SIMPLY AWESOME TO BEHOLD!

:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

My only question is: where do we go now to catch him on TV - CNN, MTV or ESPN2?:ohmy:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!:angel: :up: :hug:

Jamila said:
Thank you, bonosloveslave, for your compassion toward me - that is exactly what Bono would want us to give each other!:yes:

Bono wants us to do more than just pay lip service to his work for Africa - he needs us, his fan/follower base, to BECOME ACTIVISTS LIKE HIM FOR AFRICA!:angel: :hug:

You're welcome :)

Your comment above is one of the main points he has been trying to get people to hear, I think he would say you made the right decision (even though it is AMAZING just to be in the same building with him!) :yes:

Back
Top Bottom