"My Wife's Bono, and You're Larry!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
That bizarre quote comes from a story in today's Toronto Star, about a lawsuit currently under way. A nanny is suing her former employer, The Cranberries' Dolores O'Riordan and her husband (I won't go into the details, but they don't sound like nice people). The above remark was shouted at the nanny by Dolores' husband, as the nanny cowered behind a locked door. Apparently, he was trying to belittle her. The article says the nanny had worked for Larry Jr. before being employed by O'Riordan.
This has been a busy Bono-related news week in the Toronto press. In additon to this, there was the article cited in the news forum. As well, a few days ago, Bono was on the FRONT PAGE of the National Post. When I saw that paper on my front step, with Bono's face looking up at me, I almost fell over. I thought something awful must have happened. Actually, it was just a wry little piece comparing Bono with Ralph Klein, who was doing the speech honours at the Conservative Convention. (Bono did the same at last fall's Liberal Convention.) Some of the similarities noted: Both wear tinted glasses, both are into debt reduction, both are reformed smokers and hard drinkers, etc. A bit lame, but still, it was the FRONT PAGE of a major daily. That's alright.

Different sources give the quote differently. Either way, it's a ridiculous, massively ego-inflated thing to say (and pretty insulting to Larry, as well!)

Tabloid crap....and that's being kind.
Dolores' husband is Don, btw. Give me Dolores anyday over
those Corrs' sisters. Seeing that this "story" comes from the Star,
I believe that crap as much as I do the "unknown sources" posting U2 album news.

Last edited:
Keocmb said:
I don't understand. :scratch: Why is Bono somebody's wife?

I think he was referring to her celebrity status, that being Bono is more popular than Larry (at least in the general entertainment world lol). Some people are so full of themselves.

Sadly, this is not "tabloid crap". The "Star" in question is The Toronto Star, which is actually Canada's largest daily newsapaper, but that's not important. This story is all over the major Irish papers, and is featured in Hot Press as well. Just do a Google search.
Adams_Girl97, you're right. I think "Mr. Dolores" (Don?) was trying to suggest that his wife is massively more important than a mere nanny, in the way that Bono is massively more important than Larry (not!!) I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the Corrs. Nothing, obviously.
U2 Kitten, the picture on the front page of the National Post was not new. I'm sure you have it in your vast and magnificent gallery of photos. It is a fairly recent shot (last year or so); he's wearing a brown jacket and shirt, his hair is soft and wavy, he's bearded, with the dark reddish-brown glasses, and he has his finger up to his chin, looking thoughtful. Can you post this? I'm sure you have it!

Ya this court battle was on the front page of my hometown paper in ONtario, they spend a few week's here in the summer and have a cottage.her husbands Canadian. The paper said said the nanny wants the designer clothes Delores is holding captive her jeep and money owed her...

Man, that blows. Didn't Ali have something to do with that singer? Like some charity connection or something?

If someone I nannied for treated me like shit you bet I'd complain. We're only RAISING YOUR KIDS for goodness sakes! :madspit:

The Cranberrires had a single (I think it was called "Time is Ticking" or something like that) that was dedicated to Ali. It was anti-nukes, I think. I also have seen some pics of Ali with O'Riordan. Maybe someone here has them?
The husband in this case sounds really arrogant, but maybe it was the drink talking.

biff said:
The Cranberrires had a single (I think it was called "Time is Ticking" or something like that) that was dedicated to Ali. It was anti-nukes, I think. I also have seen some pics of Ali with O'Riordan. Maybe someone here has them?
The husband in this case sounds really arrogant, but maybe it was the drink talking.

:scratch: I think the proceeds from that single went to the Chernobyl Children's Project, and that was why Ali was involved as she is patron of that charity.

Yes Kellyahern, that's right. It's coming back to me now. Thanks. (Long day at work, brain not firing on all cylinders.)

kellyahern said:

:scratch: I think the proceeds from that single went to the Chernobyl Children's Project, and that was why Ali was involved as she is patron of that charity.

The song is about Chernobyl as well. Time is ticking out.....

Back
Top Bottom