My very sad news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
I don't mean to depress anyone on Valentines Day but I'm home all alone and I just got a call from my step-mom telling me that my Dad is very sick and probably won't be around much longer. He's in the last stages of liver failure and he told his doctors not to prolong his life so they have sent him home for his last days.

I didn't speak to my Dad for many years because he had a terrible drug and alcohol problem that prevented him from having a relationship with anyone really but he has been clean and sober for the past 5 years. He married a really nice lady, bought a house, a new truck, basically did everything he didn't do when he was younger. We have gotten very close recently and now I'm gonna lose him again.

He's in Oklahoma and I'm in California so if I disapear for a while, that's where I'll be, hopefully while he's still alive. Sorry again for the depressing thread but no one is home with me and I had to tell someone.

I am so sorry to hear about that Bono's American Wife *Big Hugs*. That is awful news. You should get all of your stuff in order and go and spend some time with your father.

You do not have to be sorry for leaving a depressing message. We may not really know each other, but we are still friends none the less. And friends are there to support each other at difficult times.

If you need anything, feel free to email me at spinninghead77@hotmail.com

My thoughts are with you, and your father.

I'm very sorry. It really hit home for me because your story sounds almost exactly what happened with two different close friends of mine and their dads, and I know what a bad and sad situation that is. You have my deepest sympathies for all you are feeling and going through. I know no hot pics are going to cheer you up right now so I won't post any. But you know your PLEBA sisters are here for you. Just take care and check in with us later.
frown.gif
I feel for you.
frown.gif

((((((HUGS)))))))

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I don't mean to depress anyone on Valentines Day but I'm home all alone and I just got a call from my step-mom telling me that my Dad is very sick and probably won't be around much longer. He's in the last stages of liver failure and he told his doctors not to prolong his life so they have sent him home for his last days.

I didn't speak to my Dad for many years because he had a terrible drug and alcohol problem that prevented him from having a relationship with anyone really but he has been clean and sober for the past 5 years. He married a really nice lady, bought a house, a new truck, basically did everything he didn't do when he was younger. We have gotten very close recently and now I'm gonna lose him again.

He's in Oklahoma and I'm in California so if I disapear for a while, that's where I'll be, hopefully while he's still alive. Sorry again for the depressing thread but no one is home with me and I had to tell someone.

That?s so sad!
frown.gif

Well don?t feel like you are making anyone feel bad!!

Valentine?s day or no Valentine?s day there always someone on PLEBA to talk to 365 days a year...

but what ever you do don?t lose your hope!!

*BIG hugs*

well you got my email-addy if you want someone to talk to!

------------------
"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

I'm so sorry. When my best friend died on Halloween, he at one time had also been at odds with his father (who disowned him when he came out a long time ago) but in the last few years they were really close. Now his father is beating himself up for the lost time...but you know what, in the end all that mattered was that they loved each other and had made peace with each other.

Good luck--I won't kid you that it isn't hard, but when I lost my friend (and my father many years ago) there was also a lot of joy mixed in with sadness, the joy of having them liberated from their sick bodies.

I

(((Bono's American Wife)))

I wish I had the wisdom to say something that could help you feel better. But I only can tell you that you need to be strong and supportive . Your dad needs you and If you feel the need to be with him, do it. Spend time with him while you can. Be and make him happy
smile.gif

I'm so sorry! There's nothing I can say that'll make it better, but just know that us PLEBAns are here for you. Spend time with your father and stay strong.

((((((Bono's American Wife)))))))

frown.gif
Don't feel sorry for posting. *hugs* I'm very sorry.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

((((((((((((A MILLION HUGS)))))))))))))))

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

You guys are so great. I think I cried more when I read all of your kind words than I did when I got the bad news. From the bottom of my heart I thank all of you so very much. I know we don't all know each other but this place has become such a huge part of my life and I know you all mean every word you wrote to me. I've spent my afternoon reflecting on the time I have left with my Dad and I have decided to go see him next week so I'm making my travel plans now. I just can't thank you all enough for making such a sad situation a little easier.

One thing that helped me was to remember an old saying, that there are two spiritual experiences in life that we are all guaranteed: birth and death. So I tried to focus on the fact that my friend was having one helluva spiritual experience, instead of viewing it as a tragedy for me (really hard, but some days I succeeded).

We'll be thinking about {{{you}}}.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-14-2002).]

Don't feel sorry for posting at all, we love you and we are here for you. We may not be there physically, but we are all there in spirit and here at PLEBA to support you.

There's probably not much I could say that could help, except to be grateful that you did overcome your hard times with him and that you were able to become close again... and I know you will appreciate every moment you had with him and be glad that you did do this.

We're here, and I'm praying for you. And you can always email me sweetheart81522@hotmail.com if you ever need to talk. (((((Hugs)))))) (if only I could give you a real hug)

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I'm so sorry. It's good that you're going to see him though. My grandma died of liver failure a few years ago. Having to see her so sick was one of the hardest things, but I'm soooo glad I got a chance to say goodbye before she died. Don't ever worry about posting sad things. One of the great things about PLEBA is how genuinely supportive most of us are with each other. Also for most any problem someone here will have gone through it too. (((hugs)))
~Jen

(((((Bono's American Wife)))))

I'm really sorry about your situation. But like joyfulgirl said, maybe there will be a silver lining when everything is said and done.

I don't know where you'll be, but if you need anything here in the Oklahoma City area, just holler at me.
babyswan11@hotmail.com

((((more hugs))))

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

as you can probably tell, you are in the thoughts of many, many people. Hopefully that will give you some strength to deal with this.

Back
Top Bottom