My U2 Request Was Played This Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Has anyone ever had a radio station play their U2 request?

I requested a song for Larry's b-day (Birthday by The Beatles), but the station didn't play it. The program director-it's a she, so that's probably why she was so nice about it :D, actually e-mailed me and asked if they could play a song for me on Friday-it was a block of 5 U2 songs. I asked for Love Is Blindness or Two Hearts Beat As One-the DJ played Two Hearts-and she said my name, twice. I had asked for Slow Dancing, but she e-mailed me that they didn't have that one :rolleyes:

A great bonus was an interview w/ Edge they played during the block. She also gave away copies of Best Of-I got through, but I wasn't the right caller. :(

They're cool at your radio station Gina. I requested ES some weeks ago to my station (they rarely ever play it :huh:) and they finally did play it like 7 hours after I made my request. :slant: But I got the single shortly after that, so I have not requested it since... They are not U2 fans at that station. :( They seem to like DMB a lot though. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
I called a radio station back in September during their "Drive at 5" request hour, asked if they could play ES. The DJ says, "Hmmm, we might be able to fit that in for you.......hey, can you do me a really big favor? Will you say that you wanna hear some J.Lo for me?" I'm like, uhhhh, whatever dude. And of course they never played ES. So I'm guessing they just *say* it's a request hour and then play whatever the heck they want, since he needed me to lie and say I wanted some J. Lo........:banghead:

*remembers a story*

One time, I was workin' at 7-Eleven ('twas a brief stint...that place drove me nuts...), and I wanted to call and request U2. I grab the phone and call them, and ask if they will play a U2 song. The guy laughed and asked, "Why don't you just request a song people will actually want to hear?" I got pissed off and said, "Fine, play some fucking N'Sync then," and I hung up. After the current song finished, the DJ came on and said somethin' like!

"Give us a call and tell us what you want to hear! Coming up next, some requested N'Sync!"

:crack:

That's soooo cool Gina!! Wish I had heard it!!

I lurrrrrve it when U2 is on the radio! And I love it even more now that they have stuff to talk about the band after the song is played!

:D

Bonochick said:
*remembers a story*

One time, I was workin' at 7-Eleven ('twas a brief stint...that place drove me nuts...), and I wanted to call and request U2. I grab the phone and call them, and ask if they will play a U2 song. The guy laughed and asked, "Why don't you just request a song people will actually want to hear?" I got pissed off and said, "Fine, play some fucking N'Sync then," and I hung up. After the current song finished, the DJ came on and said somethin' like!

"Give us a call and tell us what you want to hear! Coming up next, some requested N'Sync!"

what a dick

Kristie said:

what a dick

KRISTIE SAID DICK!!!:eek:

My alternative radio station plays quite a bit of U2...........................

Oh, and the local "CLASSIC ROCK" station has started playing them too!!!:hyper::yes::heart:

Bonochick said:
*remembers a story*

Oh, my god...

I find that story even more amusing considering the fact that my sister is a diehard *N Sync fan...:madspit: :scream: :down: :yuck:.

There are three stations in my area that I can be guaranteed to hear some U2-a classic rock station and then an adult contemporary station up in a nearby town, and then the station here in my town, a Top 40 station(which my dad works at, so if I were to call and request a song when he was working, I'd be guaranteed to hear it :D, that station plays a lot of U2's stuff off of ATYCLB).

The people in my town aren't idiots when someone requests a song, they play what the person really wants to hear. Sorry to hear that some of you guys live in such effed up towns when it comes to requesting songs.

There's just no appreciating good music in some places, is there? :tsk:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom