My true story on when I passed The Edge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Well, I know this will never be close to beating any other story of those who physically shook his hand but its close!!!!!! (and its time I owed u this boring story, the other main one about Bono will follow soon)

biggrin.gif

Anyway, from seeing U2 in concert here in Belfast, then being in Dublin that weekend and listening to them live again, created a bigger passion in me than I already had, for the band???.As I said, after their concert here in Belfast I went home and cried, we rarely get such wonderful entertainment like that and I just kept thanking them in my own wee world at home, for coming????.

Anyway, after being with my mate a couple of times in Dublin (staying a week , etc) I decided to brave a day-trip down by meself??.and soon this became regular and I started to try and find out exactly where the lads lived????so, by myself (I know, doesn?t it sound so SAD!!!!
biggrin.gif
LOL ? but I had no-one to share with?..
frown.gif
)??..around the summer I?d head down and adventure a bit more out and round the town????and discovered the little e. trains to Bray, passing Killiney and I was like ?Whay-HEY!? *thinking ? I must find Bonos house, I must find Bonos house* ????.so trained it down, and after doing this on a couple of occasions on different Saturdays in going down, finally found his house, by walkin up Vico Road and discovering the steps with the wall of graffiti running down, as many girls here know???.
biggrin.gif

I casually passed tinking ?Wow?, Im really passin his house here!!!!!?

Then about a year on I decided to go down for a trip again only this time deciding to stop in Dalkey instead???..of course doing all this on ur own is a bit dangerous, but sometimes I take risks, sad but true?..I try and push myself a little to see how far I get??..and I guess this time I was ultra lucky???

(argh! I hate dividin stories up!!!!!)

biggrin.gif

It was a sunny September day and I had the walkman on (as bloody usual) checking out Dalkey town?..buyin from de chemist and everything?..
rolleyes.gif

Decide to walk to Killiney station to train back ? (I KNOW u lot find this hilarious??.LOL I find it funny too ? still cant belive I?d done such tings!!!!
biggrin.gif
) ? and when I turned the corner to walk along the main road, I could NOT believe my eyes,??..it took me under 10 seconds to register that Edge was in front of me halfway up the road, with Morleigh and their son?????.I was like??.face gone white for a minute, while I had to gather meself and prepare to pass this famous person to get to the station??.

So I hooked up the walkman, and decided to be calm about it, now who would have thought I?d pass Edge listenin to the original version of ?Say Hello, Wave Goodbye? ? LOL it was hilarious looking at him listening to a man plonking on an electronic singin - ??nana lalala da da la la of the Pink Flamingo, standing in the rain? ? it just matched Edges expression at the time????.as I edged closer the wee one who was walkin started crying and Morleigh (MY height!
biggrin.gif
) started to tend to him as I was passin, so I never got to see her face, but her hair was amazing, really long and natural and gorgeous!!!!!!!! Edge, standing chattin to her with two bags of shoppin and as I passed our eyes met fleetingly and I gave a tiny tiny smile..to him???.before walking further on, then breaking into a gallop??..LMAO!!!!!!

I passed him calmly (same as how I approached Jimmy N- it just happens naturally) ? and to this day will always remember???..when I told me mum she said, ?why didn?t u ask for his autograph?!!!!!?

My reply?

?Mum, it was great to have passed the Edge, and I was extremely lucky for this to have happened, I mean loads of pple including girls would have wanted that opportunity, but, today was different, today he wasn?t in a band and I didn?t ask him for it cause he was out with his family, and it would have felt wrong, he was being just Dave Evans??..and it would have been embarrassing ? after all he was in his hometown where lots of pple see him regular???..so I left it at that?

I couldn?t do it girls??????????

But no regrets, absolutely NO regrets!!!!!!

There ya go!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

MADDDDIIIEEE!!! That is the coolest thing ever! Aaahahahaha really that is so great! I completely understand why you didn't stop him for an autograph, I would have done the saaame thing my friend.
biggrin.gif

You are so lucky to be able to go visit Dublin like that! I'm jealous girl. But really happy for ya!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
woohoo!

Originally posted by mad1:
I passed him calmly (same as how I approached Jimmy N- it just happens naturally) ? and to this day will always remember???..when I told me mum she said, ?why didn?t u ask for his autograph?!!!!!?

My reply?

?Mum, it was great to have passed the Edge, and I was extremely lucky for this to have happened, I mean loads of pple including girls would have wanted that opportunity, but, today was different, today he wasn?t in a band and I didn?t ask him for it cause he was out with his family, and it would have felt wrong, he was being just Dave Evans??..and it would have been embarrassing ? after all he was in his hometown where lots of pple see him regular???..so I left it at that?

I couldn?t do it girls??????????

But no regrets, absolutely NO regrets!!!!!!

There ya go!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

That is an awesome story. I am sure he appreciated you respecting his time with his family. I would not have any regrets either.
biggrin.gif

LOL!!! Maddie, your posts are always so hilarious. I'm glad you didn't ask for an autograph -- you were so right, you should pretty much only ask for one if they are with the rest of the band or outside the arena or whatever.
smile.gif

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

that is seriuosly awesome....and i totally agree with your decision not to get his autograph. it was much better this way...good karma.

how wonderful...

WOW Girl!! You have serious will power. You did the best thing though. I think that I could only approach the boys if they were outside a concert, or doing some sort of publicity for the band. If I saw Bono in a bar or a restaraunt and he was alone, I would approach him and thank him for everything that he has given me, only if I could do so without attracting attention to him.

In your situation I think that a smile or a wink is enough. Just to let them know that we looooove them, but not enough to ruin their family time. They deserve it!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Awesome story! Congrats! And I applaud you for not asking him for an autograph- I wouldn't want to disturb any of the guys if they were with their families.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 02-18-2002).]

LOL Maddie ya nut!!!! That's fookin hilarious girlie
biggrin.gif
We're going to have to do that when I go to Rub a Dub this summer lmao....Run by Edge's house! Dance in Larry's Garden! Party at Adam's! and eh Hang out at Bono's gate! lmao *huuuuugs*

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Member and Creator of Larry's Angels Harley Club.

"I hit things for a living. I hit things and people clap!" --Larry

ani_larry.gif

Larry: Get me off this fookin booooooooos!

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 02-18-2002).]

YAY-great story Maddie!

I bet he thought you were very cute, and very sweet for not bothering him.
smile.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

OH.
eek.gif

MY.
eek.gif

GGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

*COMBUST*
ns19l.jpg

YOU SAW HIM?
YOU WALKED RIGHT PAST HIM?
YOU MADE EYE CONTACT?
YOU SAW MORLEIGH? AND THEIR BABY???
OMG! OMG! OMG! *hyperventilate* HOW on earth did you stay so calm Maddie??? And how did you get so DARN LUCKY, GIRL????

If I send you a piece o' paper, will you rub your eyes on it, the ones that got to see all that loveliness, and send it back to me??
biggrin.gif

I'm positively WEAK from reading that...whoo-ey...I gotta sit down...oh, I AM sitting...

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 02-18-2002).]

LMAO Discotheque!

It was very easy......but I guess when Dublin and the rest are more than 2 hours away u never know when ur down just how lucky you might be, and in my case........very............
biggrin.gif

HEY EDGE!!!!!!

IF ur readin this from your little laptop, please confirm u dont remember.......u dont recollect a time when a young gal passed u with a grin that blinded ya...........LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

this all happened in Sept/Oct time in '98................feels like it happened at the weekend though, funny that........
smile.gif

that's a great story. i would have done the same thing lol

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Cool story and I think you did the right thing, Maddie. Those guys need some privacy

but LMOA @ you gallopin
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom