My trip to Newfoundland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
The jazz band at my school was supposed to go to Newfoundland today. We met at school at 9:00 am and left for pierson airport at 9:30. It took us about an hour to get to the airport. So we wait in this looong line to get our stuff checked (about 30 min wait) only to find out our flight had been cancelled. So we went back and sat down to wait for more info. Anyway, it turns out our flight can't leave until 9:45 pm. so we have 9 hours to kill. All of a sudden two ppl in the group grab a camera and film and sprint down to the other side of the teminal. You see, a whole bunch of wrestlers were at the airport. Okay we took out an acoustic guitar and all had a sing-along. We did mostly U2 stuff (that is all we knew) Then our director decides to rent a meeting room at the hotel next door. So now we have this empty room with some chairs so what do we do? We steal stuff. No jokes. We found this cart with these cookies and coffee outside the door. we managed to get about half the cookies into the room when this lady pokes her head in. She tells us not to take the coffee as it was for someone else. We didnt take any coffee so everything is alright. 4:30, our director comes in and tells us our flight has been cancelled AGAIN!! Since AirCanada is a monopoly they can treat us as they please. They would not out us up for the night. So we managed to get back home and now our flight doesn't leave until 9:45pm tomorrow night
frown.gif

------------------
He who stands atop the highest mountain can see the farthest

I feel your pain! Two stories of cancellation:

1. Detroit airport August 2000. On the way to Europe our orchestra becomes marooned in the world's crappiest airport. 2 hours and MANY cans of free pop (that's soda to you non-Minnesotans) later, we got on the plane and all was well.

2. Orlando Airport January 2002. The flight was supposed to leave at 11 am, so we had to be there at 9 due to security. Well, the plane couldn't take off in crappy weather MN, so they had to try and defrost it. Well, after it was ready a final check over discovered an electrical problem, so the plane was not coming at all. I had taken my sedative (for motion sickness) already, so I was falling asleep standing up which hampered my purpose for being on the trip which was to watch 8 small children (2 infants at that). Well....15 hours later we got a plane and arrived in St. Paul at 1 am.

Boo planes. Except for on thursday when I go to California fro Spring Break. Then it's HOOOORAY for planes!

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

Yeah, I got a story.
Last year my high school's marching band was in the Rose Bowl Parade. We had 360 people to fly out to Pasadena, so we split them up on four flights. My flight had about 100, and we're sitting there and come to discover our wing de-icer's busted. Two hours later, our wing de-icer's still busted. Two more hours later, still busted. Again come to discover if they can't fix this thing we can't go until Friday (three days away), which not only sucks but was extra bad cos my flight had the entire band's luggage/instruments. So our director raged and after a six hour delay they booted a whole flight off their plane and let us go.
Exciting, yes?

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

Pearson is awful for plane delays. My brother lives in Edmonton, and a few times we have dropped him off at the airport, only to get a call an hour later to go pick him up, then dropped him off again, then had to pick him up again.

..... And my friend Matt went home to BC for Christmas and when we went to pick him up at the airport the plane just kept getting delayed, and only by 30 minutes, so we stayed at the airport for 6 hours. Thank goodness they have a bar!!

It sounds like you guys had a blast though.

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

The day was fun. We actually leave today! Our plane takes off tonite. It is an exchange thing so we would be staying with families there. Tonite we are staying in a hotel though. Sice we will be in St. John's tomorrow there is no point in going to Bay Roberts (town we stay in) then making an hour bus drive to St. John's again. I have to get ready to meet at school now so I wont be on for about a week. See you then!

------------------

Hey I'm back!
I was made an honourary Newfoundlander at a screech in. I'm too young to have screech so I had Purity Syrup.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom