My St. Louis experience (abridged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallelujah Here She Comes

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm still reeling from the whole experience, as well as the severe lack of food and sleep, but I'll do my best to give a full and accurate account if the show. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll just tell you the parts that make me look cool
biggrin.gif

First of all, I ended up right in front of Adam (funny how that keeps happening
wink.gif
) and maybe it was just because I persistently plant myself in front of him, but Adam kept smiling at me!! He even waved once and then shook my hand at the end...TWICE!!! WHEEEE!!! I got to touch Adam Clayton!!!

Second, I GOT LARRY'S DRUMSTICK!!! I made this gigantic sign that basically just said "Larry can I have your drumsticks please" with little hearts surrounding Larry's name. He sort of saw it when I held it up during the encore but couldn't see all of it and motioned for me to hold it up further, which I did. Then he sort of nodded and I was just like "Oh my God. Larry Mullen is going to give me his drumstick. And sure enough, he in all his man-cleavage glory sauntered right over to me and handed my the stick! But I still have one question: does this make me an official stick-keeper now?
wink.gif

As an added bonus, Dallas started throwing guitar picks into the audience. I didn't catch one, but as I was leaving, Dallas walked over to me and handed an Edge pick especially to me!! I have no idea why (one kid said it meant that I was supposed to meet Dallas after the show *wink* *wink*) but it was just frosting at this point, since I already had the drumstick.

Anyhoo, I'll post more later, since the show freaking rocked in addition to my band-interacting experience. And the GA line was a lot of fun, despite the unbelievably crappy weather. But, alas, I must go now. Later, my darlings.

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

I saw Larry give you his drumsticks -- couldn't really see you, though, because there were a lot of tall people in front of me.
frown.gif
Oh well -- how did you stand the line? It was SO cold! I had a sleeping bag and chair and stuff, so it wasn't horrible. It definitely paid off though once I got in the heart -- I got right at the tip! I couldn't believe how many people went to the front instead. Anyway -- go read my other St. Louis thread to see what happened at the tip.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Forgot to ask you what number you were.
smile.gif
I got there at 5:00 AM and got #90 -- still written on my hand right now in blue marker.. *sigh*
wink.gif

------------------
love, lift me up out of these blues, tell me something true, i believe in you..

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 11-29-2001).]

Hey I was wondering about you St. Louis GA folks...I'd heard it was frigid cold up there and snowy...was it? How did you guys manage to stay warm??

SO AWESOME that you are now a member of the Larry's stick club!!
biggrin.gif
And Sparky touched you, wow!!! Congrats!

Jeeze -- I feel so stupid and inconsiderate -- congratulations on getting Larry's drumsticks!
biggrin.gif
And, of course, getting Adam contact.
wink.gif

As for the frigid cold -- yuck. :p It WAS very cold. I managed to stay okay most of the day by walking around (my feet got VERY numb) and using those handwarmers. They gave out free hot chocolate, but it was sickeningly sweet so it didn't help much. Anyway.. *cough*
smile.gif

------------------
love, lift me up out of these blues, tell me something true, i believe in you..

wooo hoo0! awesome story, girl! congrats on all your VERY cool experiences.
smile.gif

are you going to anymore shows? if you're going to Miami, I'll see you there!
smile.gif

Yay Hallelujah!! I'm so disappointed I wasn't there with you this time, but YOU GOT LARRY'S STICK! You rock! I can't wait to see it!

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

That's soo cool1 glad you had a gr-8 time! I'll get my First 'elevation' in tampa sat..see you there who's all going? **Bono baby** here I come..Yowza!

Congrats on getting Larry's drumstick, not to mention a handshake from Adam and an Edge pick!!!
smile.gif
It sounds like you had a great time even though it was so cold!

Gina, once your photos are developed you have to post the one of you on the Greyhound, holding the stick and pick. Ha! That's bound to be a classic. The clincher is that you took it yourself.

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Congrats on the stick! Touching Adam is totally awesome!
biggrin.gif

Think Lawrence is waaay more laid back on this tour. I mean he's signing autographs outside the venues which is something he used to never/rarely do! Practically the whole of PLEBA has one of his drumsticks too!

Congrats on the stick--I saw you get it too. He gave out a lot last nite! St. Louis was great, but I fucking froze!! I was 110--got there at 5:30. Ended up in the 5th row--first time this tour that I wasn't in 2nd row. But it was great and the energy in the heart was fantastic! I was still freezing during garbage but I finally warmed up when U2 came on! Thank god I was wearing thermal undies--jesus it was cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
We need new dreams tonight

WHOOO HOOO!!!! I saw him give you the stick! That show was too much! I got to touch Adam too! Thank you for telling me to stand on his side. I hope you got home okay. And yes, I made it to class today. It was great meeting you and hanging out in the freezing rain.
Leah

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, capable of scandalizing ScottPhisto with AngelinaLips....
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the one and only Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

The PLEBA Mansion, where the play's the thing...
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/plebamansion

For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono! ~Echo~

Wooo hoooooooo!!!!!! That's so kewl girlie...next tour I hope to get Larry's drumstick
biggrin.gif
You know I think Larry is more layed back and more friendly this tour? Does anybody else notice this?
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

elevatedmole: I got in line at 10pm on the 27th. Ugh. It was so very cold, especially once the freezing rain started. Charming, huh? But luckily some nice people took me to WalMart to buy a tent and lent me some blankets and a pillow. And it was all worth it because I was 36th in line, which I was rather pleased with. And I did see your other St. Louis thread. Heh heh.

WildHoneyAlways: I'm glad we got to meet and that you got some Sparky action too
icon39.gif

MullenGirl: Why yes, I have noticed how laid-back and friendly that Larry has been this tour. Of course, as this is my first tour, I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm certainly enjoying it
icon20.gif

Mirrorball Girl: You too will feel the joy of the stick. But all in good time my dear. All in good time.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

Proud member of Larry's stick-keeper's association

Back
Top Bottom