my sign in the heart...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherstork

Babyface
i am new here....37 yr, married, mother of 3.......and i swear i would run away with bono today if he asked me (no offense to the hubby and kids)....but i have loved that man for a long time!

i just had to share about my sign....

we were fortunate enough to get in the heart on the last tour- an experience in itself i will never forget -

i knew i wanted to take a sign and i thought & thought for weeks on what to say....if it got me onstage with bono (i am far from his "type"...5"11" redhead.....) - what a dream come true that would be. i told myself if he just acknowledged it in some way then that would be enough.

my sign said, "Bono...all these years you've been in the center of my heart.....now i am finally in the center of yours!"

not only did he read it as he walked past, he chuckled, looked at me in the eyes (yes in my eyes) and smiled, he then walked over to the Edge and pointed my sign out to him and the Edge smiled after he read it.

although i would have much preferred being pulled up on stage and had him sing to me......the acknowledgement & smile was pretty awesome.

amongst the laundry, kids & toys to pick......i'll start thinking now for my next sign for the tour coming up.....and dream of bono taking me away from it all!

just wanted to share with ya'll by sign story.

Thank you for sharing that. I would love to have that "moment" with Bono..knowing that a look or a smile was just for me. I hope you get your wish of being sung to. That is the ultimate experience.

Any by the way..I'm right there with you. I would sell my husband to the gypsies for a chance to run away with Bono. :wink:

motherstork said:

my sign said, "Bono...all these years you've been in the center of my heart.....now i am finally in the center of yours!"

not only did he read it as he walked past, he chuckled, looked at me in the eyes (yes in my eyes) and smiled, he then walked over to the Edge and pointed my sign out to him and the Edge smiled after he read it.

that's wonderful :love: :cute:

motherstork, hi i'm new here too, and believe me i'd do ANYTHING to be with Bono! I have had a major crush/infatuation with him for the past 21 years! He looked into my eyes too during the ZOOTV tour. He prowled around the stage, stood above me, looked right down at me but then stepped back a few steps and picked out another girl to dance with during love is blindness! AAAHHH i felt like crying, i was like damn, i luv ya Bono but for now OH GOD I'm going crazy!:sad: Still, it was really fantastic the way he looked at me god i nearly died and all these dozens of hands shot up at him, like all these crazy girls going ME ME ME! Yes we all want our little piece of Bono loving! :yes: :heart: :yes: Anyway, welcome to the insane world of PLEBA there's been a lot of heated conversation that's for sure! Bono eh? Sexiest guy EVER!!:drool: :drool:

one can dream..........right?

although...i really think it deserved a roll or two onstage with a hot, sweaty Bono - moaning in my ear......sigh...........

awwww that's so sweet!! and the fact that he actually pointed it out to Edge...that's SO ADORABLE :heart: :cute: I love my boys, oh so much (yes, they're my boys, they're all my father's age and I don't own them but they're still my boys.)

thanks for sharing that story, really... maybe you'll get pulled up on stage this tour :) The day Bono looks into my eyes and smiles is the day I'll feel true joy.

Awwww, that really is the sweetest sign! Doesn't he have the most sincere smile you've ever seen?

I think it's safe to say we all share your Bono addiction. My husband and I had an oral prenup that I would be able to leave him in a second if Bono ever came along! Of course, to combat this, he would do the same with Catherine Bell, so it all equals out in the end.

Didn't it make your knees weak when he read your sign? My sign didn't make him smile like that (tho I'll always wonder if it's because of my sign that he decided to bite my fingers that night during UTEOTW, which you can read about here - http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103215&perpage=15&pagenumber=5 )

Love that smile!
34244%3B8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323696%3C%3A%3A645ot1lsi

Sorry about the quality of this one...
34244%3B8%3B23232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3232787%3B%3B8783nu0mrj

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your story. What city was this, I might have seen you! I had a sign story too. I was in DC at the tip of the heart, and had a sign that said "Bono for 20 years you have been my Desire" and I had pics of Bono taped all over it including an old Creem magazine cover. Bono saw it and his eyes lit up and he pointed and smiled! He showed it to Edge too. Then he kept motioning, up, and mouthing something about 'up'. I kept grinning and hold it up higher and higher, then finally he turned around. Later, at other shows, and from talking to others, I found out that when he motions like that he wants you to pass him the sign up and most likely the person with the sign gets pulled up! When I saw this happen to someone else at another show, I was SICK beyond any cure, and it still haunts me. I think he was going to pull me, and I was too stupid and stunned to get the clue. I'd never been so close to the stage before in all my years of being a fan. I'll never get another chance, and I've never met him. I try to hold onto his smile and glowing eyes, he was looking right at me, so that's something. But I torture myself over what might have been.

Good story, good sign.

Last tour One4U2 and myself made shirts that said...All I want is Pease, Love and U2. We are trying to decide what to do for this tour. Now that they have a song Love, Peace or Else I don't think the shirts will go over well.

I've been trying to think for four years of a good one...:shrug:

motherstork said:
one can dream..........right?

although...i really think it deserved a roll or two onstage with a hot, sweaty Bono - moaning in my ear......sigh...........

Yeah that would take you away from the laundry, kids, etc. for a little while...I understand completely..

WELCOME!

motherstork said:
i am new here....37 yr, married, mother of 3.......and i swear i would run away with bono today if he asked me (no offense to the hubby and kids)....but i have loved that man for a long time!

i just had to share about my sign....

we were fortunate enough to get in the heart on the last tour- an experience in itself i will never forget -

i knew i wanted to take a sign and i thought & thought for weeks on what to say....if it got me onstage with bono (i am far from his "type"...5"11" redhead.....) - what a dream come true that would be. i told myself if he just acknowledged it in some way then that would be enough.

although i would have much preferred being pulled up on stage and had him sing to me......the acknowledgement & smile was pretty awesome.

amongst the laundry, kids & toys to pick......i'll start thinking now for my next sign for the tour coming up.....and dream of bono taking me away from it all!

just wanted to share with ya'll by sign story.

nice story

I agree - this is a wonderful story, motherstork.

Bono's aura is so powerful that it is often better able to be cherished in small pieces - like a smile, a touch of the hand, a look in the eye. :wink:

Although we all would love to have the special moments that some of us have had (the tight hugs, the teasing kisses, the roll arounds on stage, etc), those little simple moments with Bono have their power too.

Whatever the special moments that Life have given us and/or will give us with the B-man, they are all important in their genuine and lasting effects that they have on our lives. :angel:

So while we all hope for a special Bono moment on this next tour, let us just be grateful for the opportunity to have the chance to have this EXTRAORDINARY man in our hearts and souls.

Good luck to all of us on the next tour.

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom