My review of the concert in Atlanta Last night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl_75

War Child
My sister and I arrived at the Philips arena yesterday at 4:30PM and hung around the back of the arena until 7:15 PM in hopes that we would see either Bono,Larry,Edge or Adam...unfort. we did not see any of them before or after the show. We did however see some security staff, and other staff members tending to the tour buses and some woman walking around with 4 bags of laundry. Oh yeah, I also saw about 4 dogs that belonged to the drivers of the trucks...which was pretty funny. Because two of those dogs did not get along at all...I befriended a very nice lady from N.C. who drove to Atlanta to see the show by herself... I apologize if this review is a little choppy and scattered, but I am still coming off of my high from seeing the Greatest Band in the World. Anyway, the show was AMAZING,AWESOME, FANTASTIC, and FULL OF ENERGY. I did not know if it could out do their show in March, but it did. What an emotional night it was for my sister and I. Bono's voice sounded awesome, it was smooth and beautiful. He was amazing. The crowd was amazing. (Can I say Amazing a little more?) Bono is a great man, he pulled a fan out of the stage to play People get ready with the band. The fan was so happy and played so well, he had the whole arena cheering for him...Bono also pulled a girl on stage from outside the heart at the end of "UTEOTW", however this girl was wearing what looked like to be a tube top and was having problems making it to the stage, the fans had to carry her over the tops of their heads to Bono. But by the time she made it to the stage, it looked like her top was coming off...OOPS! She did not stay on stage that long at all...

I could not believe how great the set list was, personally I do not know if it could be any better. We were treated to "angel of harlem (the full band played)", "I still haven't found what I'm looking for (full band)", "My Sweet Lord"(which was amazing, this was played for George Harrison which had the whole crowd singing along and cheering), "Whose Gonna Ride your wild horses (it was not the full song, because it was added to the end of Bad)", "People Get Ready", "What's Going On", "Pride (which I was very happy that they played Pride, because they did not play it the last time they were in Atlanta). I was shedding tears before the show from the excitement of being at the show and managed to cry a little during show. I almost lost it completly during "One"...How beautiful and touching that song was with the names of the victims of the Sept. 11th airplane crashes, NYPD and FDNY scrolling...My brother and his wife were at the concert also but they did not sit near me, my brother told me that my sister-in-law started to cry her head off during this part and had to sit down after she heard a man tell his 10 year old son why there were names on the screen...The crowd honored those victims with loud appreciative applauses and cheers...you could hear family and friends of vicitms cheer when they saw a name scroll...it was so moving and made me very proud to be an American and to have U2 reach out to those victims and to this country. The band played a snipit of Peace on Earth as an intro. to Walk On, which induced more tears from me... It was just an amazing and emotional night...and I thank U2 for adding Atlanta to their final leg...

Anyway, I alone took 50 + pictures and I had a bought a disposable camera for a friend to take pictures of Larry, because her seats were right behind Larry.
eek.gif
As soon as my pictures are developed, I will post them...

The band was so full of energy last night. I lost my voice, my hands were swollen red from clapping so much. My feet are now killing me, because I never sat down once and I was wearing my stacked heel boots. But I will suffer thorough the minor pains again and again to see this band. I am not disappointed at all that I did not have GA's and that I did not meet the band. I am happy that I was able to get tickets, to spend the day with my sister, who introduced me to U2's music and to be in the same building as U2.

This band is like a drug, you cannot get enough of them.

Just a side note, Bono told the crowd that on Thursday night they got a little too drunk...And made some comment about Edge and how proud he was of him (I could not hear what exactly the comment was) but after Bono made the comment about their events the night before, the spotlight switched to Edge...when this happend Larry, Adam and Bono were laughing and clapping for Edge. Edge looked like he could have been blushing...LOL! God knows what those men were up to the night before, but all I know is that they must have been raising a lot of hell and having a great time doing it...
wink.gif

I am editing this, because I forgot to mention one other song we were treated to... how could I forget about "Out of Control"?! When U2 broke out in this song, it just rocked the house...It was so so so rockin!
biggrin.gif

The Atlanta crowd was so in to this concert last night and sang their hearts out with U2....
smile.gif

This by far was the best concert I have ever seen in my life...

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-02-2001).]

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
Just a side note, Bono told the crowd that on Thursday night they got a little too drunk...And made some comment about Edge and how proud he was of him (I could not hear what exactly the comment was) but after Bono made the comment about their events the night before, the spotlight switched to Edge...when this happend Larry, Adam and Bono were laughing and clapping for Edge. Edge looked like he could have been blushing...LOL! God knows what those men were up to the night before, but all I know is that they must have been raising a lot of hell and having a great time doing it...
wink.gif

It sounds like you had a great time! The concert sounds awesome! Do you think the thing about Edge has to do with their trip to a strip club? If only we could get the full details...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
It sounds like you had a great time! The concert sounds awesome! Do you think the thing about Edge has to do with their trip to a strip club? If only we could get the full details...
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I had a great time...I am sure that speech from Bono was a slight reference to the strip club rumors, but I do not know if we will ever get the full story...Apparently Edge got very drunk along with Bono, so who knows what happend...If I find some more gossip out, I will let you all know..

But I will suffer thorough the minor pains again and again to see this band. I am not disappointed at all that I did not have GA's and that I did not meet the band. I am happy that I was able to get tickets, to spend the day with my sister, who introduced me to U2's music and to be in the same building as U2.

this brought tears to my eyes
(esp b/c I introduced and brought my sisters to their first U2 shows!)

glad you had such an amazing experience, thx for sharing missvelvetdress
smile.gif

------------------
She tied you to the kitchen chair
She broke your throne She cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

* U2 Take Me Higher *

EXCELLENT review
smile.gif
I have always wished I had a sister to share my love for U2 with-you are so lucky. I cried during the 'One' portion too
frown.gif

Oh, and by the way, I know why they were clapping for Edge, why he was blushing, and what he had been doing
wink.gif

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

the pictures that I took did not come out that great, in fact most sucked...
mad.gif
but oh well, I thought these were cool, because of the outline of the stage...I hope that the pictures that my friend took from behind the stage come out 10x's better. these pictures look like I was really far from the stage, which I was not. I could clearly see Bono and Edge's faces when they were out on the heart!

anyway, here are a couple...

AX71008.jpg

if you get your magnifying glass out
mad.gif
, you can see, Larry, Adam and Edge in this picture...
Bi82604.jpg

I took some great pictures, I'll try to get them uploaded and link some of them here.

The show was great. I was at the tip of the heart for as long as I could stand it - and got to touch the B-man a couple of times.
smile.gif
The girl he pulled up wouldn't let go of him - she was trying to kiss him and he kept saying let go let go, and she wouldn't so he pulled her up over the crowd (and she had on like stilleto heels - ouch). She was wearing a silver tube top and it did come down a bit. He seemed kind of pissed about it and he didn't get to do the bullfight scene in UTEOTW. But, the whole time during that song, I was holding him up with my hands on his stomach
wink.gif
yeah! My brush with Bono.

The show was wonderful. They have gotten so good through this tour - and the bit for George Harrison was great. The guy the pulled up to play guitar did a wonderful job. I am so sad this was my last elevation show.

Peace and I'll put up pics when I can...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

Oh, and by the way, I know why they were clapping for Edge, why he was blushing, and what he had been doing
wink.gif

well, what did he do? I would love to know so I can put my other thread about the strip club outing to rest...

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
this brought tears to my eyes
(esp b/c I introduced and brought my sisters to their first U2 shows!)

glad you had such an amazing experience, thx for sharing missvelvetdress
smile.gif

you are very welcome.
smile.gif

I went down there around 4 something too, but some people made me sick by telling me that they had come at 3:30 and had already given autographs and pics- all four of them. SIGH. That was my last chance.
frown.gif

well, what did he do? I would love to know so I can put my other thread about the strip club outing to rest

Well, let's just say it involved my last-minute flight to Atlanta-and, NO, he wasn't at a strip club
wink.gif

I'm just teasing-I really loved your review-you have such a POSITIVE attitude
smile.gif
Sometimes people seem so 'negative'-so it was so nice to read yours.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
I went down there around 4 something too, but some people made me sick by telling me that they had come at 3:30 and had already given autographs and pics- all four of them. SIGH. That was my last chance.
frown.gif

It is never your last chance U2Kitten.
smile.gif
And all 4 didn't come, only Bono & Edge. Larry drove straight by, and no one saw Adam at all.

Peace!

------------------

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Well, let's just say it involved my last-minute flight to Atlanta-and, NO, he wasn't at a strip club
wink.gif

I'm just teasing-I really loved your review-you have such a POSITIVE attitude
smile.gif
Sometimes people seem so 'negative'-so it was so nice to read yours.

DAMN, I thought you had some inside gossip, that is alright, it looks like some other people had some inside information and posted it up on the other thread...
wink.gif

Anyway, I am glad you liked my review...

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
*Sniff* he didn't even look at me. Even a smile or a glance would have meant everything. Damn him. Several other fans, and a huge hulky security guard were sad and touched by that, at least someone cared, even if it wasn't Bono. WIsh I hadn't, the rejection is devastating.
frown.gif

Well, I understand you're disappointed Gypsy, the same thing happened to me during my first show in Montreal when he never took the flower I had bought for him, even though I ran around the heart all night trying to give it to him.
biggrin.gif
But you have to understand that there are hundreds of people who want to get his attention, so you shouldn't take it personally.

Thanks Naya, but it seems he gave attention to everyone except me and I really thought my message would touch his tender heart. He could have taken a second just to wink at me or something. I can't believe he could be so cruel. I spent so much money too, my care cost $1200 to fix then it broke again and I had to rent one because I had to meet my friend coming from Europe. I had the tickets, which were from a broker and very high. How could he do this to me? I'm still just feeling really sad and depressed, and sore at Bono right now.
frown.gif
I also missed meeting them once again, I was talking to Crzy when people came up with autographs, they had showed up early. I have never met them. Now since this is my final show I am left with bitterness. The songs aren't enough, I have the CD's and I went to 7 shows. I wanted Bono.
frown.gif

I really needed something to take away the sick feeling of regret of what happened in DC when he smiled and told me to hold up my sign,then he kept motioning for me to pass it up and I was too frozen and lame to catch on. THat will haunt me forever.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 12-02-2001).]

OMG I was the tube top titty girl!!
eek.gif

(LMAO- NOT!
biggrin.gif
)

The CNN center ruled. There could not have been a more dream convenient GA line location. Centennial park too. The day went too fast, it was unbelievable.

Originally posted by Veranda:
OMG I was the tube top titty girl!!
eek.gif

(LMAO- NOT!
biggrin.gif
)

The CNN center ruled. There could not have been a more dream convenient GA line location. Centennial park too. The day went too fast, it was unbelievable.

LOL! Yeah we all got a good shot of her, didn't we?
wink.gif

Yes, it was by far the best GA line arrangement. Free frisbee, football and fast food. It went by really fast.

Peace y'all.

------------------

I was there too, got there right at 6AM and was at the tip of the heart with my friend who came all the way from Europe. I was right next to the guy whose flag Bono took and cried into and unfortunately got a good view of the girl whose boob came out during UTEOTW. Damn her, she wouldn't let go of him and cost us the bullfight. The guitar guy was about 4 down from me. I had a sign with lots of pretty Bono pics, telling him I had been a fan for 20 years, had just turned 40 and needed a hug. *Sniff* he didn't even look at me. Even a smile or a glance would have meant everything. Damn him. Several other fans, and a huge hulky security guard were sad and touched by that, at least someone cared, even if it wasn't Bono. The ones who saw me make the sign said how could he refuse? One lady said 'nothing is stupid as long as it comes from your heart.' I was nervous but did it anyway. WIsh I hadn't, the rejection is devastating.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom