My mother's discovered PLEBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stars Mum is cool. :up:

Glad my Mum doesnt even know what a mouse is (escept for the little animal :laugh: ) wouldn't really want her posting in PLEBA lol.

my mum knows what a mouse is, but she doesn't ever go near a computer thankfully. She probably wouldn't really know how to get on to the internet. :|

Lucy3011 said:

:hug: Stars' mummy.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm loving this! Hi, SBG's Mom!

BTW, SBG's Mom- our Mom used to keep [when R&R tix were much less expensive in the 70's ] what we came to call "the Concert Fifty". This way if we had to dash out to a TiccketMaster or get mail orders, we were ready-to-go on immediate notice. Back then 50$ could get us 5 - 6 tixs. :D :(

I :love: R&R moms!

Last edited:
u2granny said:

My mom's afraid of the computer mouse.:|

:hug: U2Dem......shh, we'll keep it our little secret! :D :D

u2GRANNY.... my mom learned how to use the Internet & how to do E-mal when she was about 80 in the Home she now lives in. She forgets at times, since she doen't do it that often, but she does do it.

It took her about a year to get comfortable with being in the Home {it's not perfect, but it is a very nice one, usually with some loveyt grounds outside and a view of the Palisades [NJ/NY rock formations & the Hudson River}. One day on visiting her back around 2001, {when this copmmercial was on} she leeaned back on the bed and said [with an impish smile on her face] "do you Yahoo? And I went...'Ma, you're learning the computer?!":happy:

wow! way to go rebekah:hug:
my mom sadly will never be into the bono thing like me. she tries but its just not going to happen
she likes kurt russell, and.....barbara streisand
yeah shes one of those:|
I got my taste from my sister. She loves bono and well, mostly anything that has an irish accent:lol:

u2bonogirl said:
I got my taste from my sister. She loves bono and well, mostly anything that has an irish accent:lol:

LOL, hey, can't say I blame her...accents are a major plus in regards to a guy :).

My sister and I are very different when it comes to guys...it's a rare occasion when we can agree on what men are good-looking. She doesn't have a thing for Bono-she thinks he's rather weird (but she also thinks he seems like a nice guy, so...) :p.

Angela

dazzledbylight said:

:hug: U2Dem......shh, we'll keep it our little secret! :D :D

u2GRANNY.... my mom learned how to use the Internet & how to do E-mal when she was about 80 in the Home she now lives in. She forgets at times, since she doen't do it that often, but she does do it.

It took her about a year to get comfortable with being in the Home {it's not perfect, but it is a very nice one, usually with some loveyt grounds outside and a view of the Palisades [NJ/NY rock formations & the Hudson River}. One day on visiting her back around 2001, {when this copmmercial was on} she leeaned back on the bed and said [with an impish smile on her face] "do you Yahoo? And I went...'Ma, you're learning the computer?!":happy:

That's great! :happy: :applaud:

When my mother was with me when I was researching something for her, I got an IM and she jumped. I guess that explains her computer skills.

stars, that's awesome! you have a very cool mom... :up: :cute:

my parents both respect bono a lot- they really like U2's music, and think that bono has done a lot of great humanitarian work. my dad works for U of Penn, and he and i attended the commencement where bono spoke in 2004. he really thought bono gave a great speech.

the only time my mom has ever expressed any sort of "crush" on bono came when my parents and i were watching the Boston DVD together a few years ago. WOWY came on, when bono pulls that LUCKY female fan onstage and lies with her on the ramp (and then kisses her!). my dad was like "ugh, he's taking advantage of a young girl!". however, my mom was like "noooo... you just don't GET it... that's every girl's dream!" :wink:

my parents are pretty cool when it comes to U2. i feel lucky! :heart:

My dad loves their music. He had a chance to go see them with his girlfriend during Elevation-but he chose not to because he wanted to work! :crazy: But he's a fan of them and hopefully I can convince him to get tickets to the shows in May or October.

She's not a big fan, but my mother likes some of their music.She's alright with my obsession of U2. She even got me GA tickets for $300 for my birthday!But I'm not sure if she realizes how obsessed I am. :laugh:

This is a tricky one for me, have a mum, am a mum. Could be half of you here's mum too!

My 10 year old is into U2 cos of me and I'm listening to Green Day and Good Charloote cos of him!

He's also really p'd off because hubby and I are going to Barcelona child free to see the boys......HAPPY DAYS!

My mom loves u2 and is crazy about Bono...she got me into them like 20 years ago. We fight over Bono all the time...she likes to call him "her bono":giggle: I am taking her to her first ever u2 concert with GA's in 2 weeks. ....I am afraid she is going to freak out..she is deciding what tshirt she should make and everything..she is so funny!!

Back
Top Bottom