My Mom's doing well.,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2granny

Blue Crack Addict
My Mom is doing well. She is in ICU and will stay there for a couple days. They said they got all the cancer and her gall bladder too. On a side note. I have been wearing my sisters' clothes because my luggage is still not with me. They are supposed to bring it to me tonight. Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers!

Good news!:hug:
Please remember to take time out for yourself as well
You and your family are still in my prayers

U2democrat said:
ah that relieves me. my grandmother recently died of cancer so i've been more aware of other people's ailments with it lately. you must feel alot better!

You have no idea! We already lost my father and brother to cancer.

glad to see you back and to hear that the only thing that went wrong is the stupid airline (what else is new?). great to hear that your mom's doing well.

Well, I guess she isn't doing so well now. She called at about 1:30 am to tell me they are taking her blood and selling it. The doctor said older people can become paranoid from morphine. I still called a neurosurgeon to check her out and make sure she didn't have a stroke. Anyway, I will be here a little longer than originally planned.

I'm sorry granny :( but at least the life threatening part is taken care of. I don't think it's a stroke. Old people do have episodes like that, my mom was a real crank when she was on morphine after surgery for her broken femur and cracked hip. You're doing what you can, you're a good person :hug:

u2granny said:
Well, I guess she isn't doing so well now. She called at about 1:30 am to tell me they are taking her blood and selling it. The doctor said older people can become paranoid from morphine. I still called a neurosurgeon to check her out and make sure she didn't have a stroke. Anyway, I will be here a little longer than originally planned.

this actually has a name - ICU psychosis - very normal and with the labs she is getting drawn she probably feels that way - still checking to make sure nothing else is going on is a good idea
prayers sent for you and your mom

nurse chrissi said:

this actually has a name - ICU psychosis - very normal and with the labs she is getting drawn she probably feels that way - still checking to make sure nothing else is going on is a good idea
prayers sent for you and your mom

The doctor called it "sundowner syndrome". They gave her some halidol (no need to tell me what that is as I am personally acquainted with the drug.) and it seemed to help. She is out of icu today and in a regular room. Looks like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I lost my grandma and aunt to cancer. :mad:
I can't imagine going through that again. You both will be in my prayers and I can only hope for a speedy recovery!

Back
Top Bottom