My license plate finally got figured out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonecircle

The Fly
...so...my license plate is ATYCLB...I was in the parking lot of Vitamin Cottage in Santa Fe, NM...and this woman in the car next to me motioned for me roll down my window...she says "Are you a U2 fan? Does your license mean All That You Can't Leave Behind?" I say ..."Sure does! You're the first to figure it out!". Then we chatted about the Vertigo concerts we'd seen yadda yadda yadda.

Bonding with a complete stranger over U2. The world should be so simple!

Woman in Santa Fe, if you read Interference...hello, hello!

WOW. That is a cool plate:ohmy:

How long have you had your ATYCLB plates??:wink:

Hahaha! That is very cool. Love the license plate too. Bonding over U2 should be a standard, lol.

COOL PLATE! i love it! aaaaa
omg is there already a thread on this forum for posting our liscence plates? i can't use the search button becuase i;m not s premium member, but i would LOVE to see if anyone else has U2 plates! ^_________^

'BONO&CO.' used to be mine before I changed it to my current, non-U2 tag. It's expired, but I still have the plate on the front of my Blazer (NC only requires tags on the back of your vehicle).

I might dust that baby off & take it with me to Charlotte. :laugh:

U2 license plates :drool:

for some reason I was always fond of just simple 'OCTOBER', 'ELECTRICO', and the words on Zooropa.. 'WAKEUPDE', 'WANDER', 'ISSMEKILLM', 'ETDRESS'..

thinking of ideas for U2-related license plates is fun :)
now I know what to do with my spare time :wink:

I would love to get a U2 license plate. Would want something with Bono incorporated into it but have no clue what it would be,lol. Sicy does your's mean "U2ElevatesMe"? Just taking a stab here because it's driving me crazy now with what it means,lol.

:yes:

Only one person has come up to me in the 3 or so years I've had it.. and guessed it right.

It's not the easiest one to figure out! lol. Started thinking though about the 8 and what that sounds like you when say it. Than the LV all fell into place for me. See your license plate could be one of those that is always a great mystery :wink:

BonosBaby12 said:
It's not the easiest one to figure out! lol. Started thinking though about the 8 and what that sounds like you when say it. Than the LV all fell into place for me. See your license plate could be one of those that is always a great mystery :wink:

:hmm: - Still dont get it

Eliv8 said:

:hmm: - Still dont get it

Think of Elevate with the "L" being strongly pronounced. Than of course you have the V. As for the 8 say it to yourself and you can hear it. Once you say it all together you can hear "Evelates". Hope I have helped out some with this,lol. Sorry not always the best with explaining stuff like this,lol.

As for you Miringeltje Im stumped on what your's is! lol. Gotta have to work a bit hard on decoding that one,lol.

BonosBaby12 said:

Think of Elevate with the "L" being strongly pronounced. Than of course you have the V. As for the 8 say it to yourself and you can hear it. Once you say it all together you can hear "Evelates". Hope I have helped out some with this,lol. Sorry not always the best with explaining stuff like this,lol.

As for you Miringeltje Im stumped on what your's is! lol. Gotta have to work a bit hard on decoding that one,lol.

Ummm - Nope, still dont quite get it. I think you and Sicy are a bit too smart for me.

I think 4HWU298 is brilliant though

Eliv8 said:
Ummm - Nope, still dont quite get it. I think you and Sicy are a bit too smart for me.

;)
You're such a tease!

Eliv8 said:
I think 4HWU298 is brilliant though.

But thanks for the compliment.
Now if you can tell me what it means.
'Cause I haven't got a clue myself.

Miringeltje said:

;)
You're such a tease!

But thanks for the compliment.
Now if you can tell me what it means.
'Cause I haven't got a clue myself.

Well the 4 is obviously U2 (2x2=4) and the 298 is part of the catalog number for the UK pressing of the Joshua Tree CD, (UC26 / 842 298-4). The rest, well it's pretty easy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom