My Kitty Pics Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
So, I've got 7 cats in total.

The first one that we picked out (well, more like she picked us out) was Lucy at the SPCA. I had always wanted a tortty. :)

Lucy_01.jpg

Lucy_02.jpg

But we had to wait to actually get her b/c the shelter does adoption background checks and so on... Well, I was a little bit lonely since we had just moved 3,000 miles away from home and my husband was working on a film and they were shooting at a pet shop, so that day he came home with a surprise: a tiny all white kitten. He plopped the little guy down in my lap and he jumped up and ran back and forth across the room so fast he looked like a comet, hence we named him Comet! lol Anywho... He's not so little anymore, but he's still my baby boy.

Comet_01.jpg

Comet_02.jpg

And so we thought that was it, but then one day while Jer was at work and I was scrambling to get ready for a job interview, I heard a tiny mew from our back porch. Out there I found a tiny, gray, fluffy kitten. I had to take her! So, I grabbed her up, put her into the pet carrier with food & water, went to my job interview, then dropped by the stages to show Jer the kitten and figure out what we should do. He instantly fell in love with her and we named her Zoe. (Though there's debate on the spelling, lol.)

Zoe_01.jpg

Zoe_02.jpg

Continued...

More cat tales...

Meanwhile, we had discovered this rugged, old Tom Cat that just happened to be an orange Scottish Fold. I named him Old Earless and we fed him on our porch. (He was too feral too have as a pet and too fast to catch and, well, snip.) Shortly after we got Zoe, we noticed a female gray tiger who would come eat Old Earless' food. We called her Stripe. Anyway, we tried like crazy to catch Stripe & do a TNR (trap-neuter-release), but she too was quick. Well, she had a bunch of litters and while I was on vacation back East, Jer found a kitten. He called "him" Sebastion, but later we found out "he" was a "she" so we just call her Bastion. In an unfortunate chain of events, we eventually took her in, but she's still very feral, a bit mangled, and not too keen on dealing with us humans, aside from food, water, & shelter. Here she is:

Bastion_01.jpg

Bastion_02.jpg

But before we took Bastion in, Stripe had another litter. Bastion took on an odd role akin to babysitting and doing errands for Stripe while she tended the kittens. One thing Bastion would do is drop off the unhealthy kittens for us to "fix." One of them was Tiki. She was really really sick, but a sweet little tiger. I spent 2 solid weeks of barely sleeping and no work tending to her, but, alas, she didn't make it. She died on Mother's Day in 2002. I remember that day like it was yersterday. I felt like I had messed up or something. I called my Mum in tears. While I was talking to her, I heard an odd sound at the porch, so I put my Mum on hold and checked it out. There was Bastion with a new kitten, but this time the kitten was all black. I told my Mum and she yelled, "Grab it! Grab it quick!" (Without going into too much detail, I will just say that there are people who do terrible things to all black cats. It's awful.) Anyway, he was really sick, too, but I made up my mind I would do anything too save this kitten and now he's a healthy, sleek boy. His name is Satchel.

Satchel_01.jpg

Satchel_02.jpg

(Later Bastion dropped off another kitten, but, well, there was nothing we could do... poor thing...)

However, in September of 2002 Stripe had another litter, but this time she got sick. We tried to catch her, but couldn't. She took all the kittens and hid them. We could hear them, but we couldn't get to them. (When a cat knows she will die, she'll do anything to make sure her kittens are safe, then she'll find a dark, quiet place to go. I still miss her, but it was just her time.) We thought we'd lost the kittens forever, but then one day Bastion brought them all up onto the porch, one by one (that's when we knew Stripe had passed). There were 4 in total. We couldn't take them in, so we built a shelter out there with food, water, and litter box. Bastion even taught them how to use it! One was orange and the other three tuxedo (black & white). We called them Larry, Moe, Curly, & Shemp.

But our building manager wasn't too keen on having them there and he threatened to call the police if we didn't "get rid of them." (Note: the animal division puts kittens under 2 lbs automatically to sleep. There was no way I was going to lose them that way!)

So, we took them to the vet and went about trying to find them homes. Shemp didn't make it. Larry & Moe were really sick. But Curly was able to come home with us. When I found out Curly was a girl, I renamed her Gia:

Gia_01.jpg

Gia_02.jpg

Continued...

And more cat tales...

Finally we got Larry & Moe home and immediately found a good home for Moe. (At this time we also got Bastion fixed, but when we brought her home to be released, well, she just sat on our porch and cried. She was lonely having lost her mother, Stripe, and the kittens. We opened the door and she came in. She hates us, but likes living here! lol) Anyway, a lot of time passed before we heard that there was a family interested in taking both Larry & Gia, but by then we were hooked, so we lied and said we already found them a home. (Well, not really a lie, coz we did find them our home.)

So, last, but no least, here's the now very healthy Larry!

Larry_01.jpg

Larry_02.jpg

Oh! I just had to share this one coz I thought it was too precious. Jeremy was resting in the bedroom when he suddenly called me in. All of our cats were on the bed with him! (Well, all aside from Bastion, of course, lol.)

All_Kitties.jpg

~The End~

...or is it? :wink:

PS: I'll get those Bono pics up in Band Meetings and Sightings soon! :D

:love: They're all so adorable!! :heart:

dream chaser, you should check out the thread in this forum called "So I must be the only person with no life" ...that thread has kinda turned into the PLEBAn kitty thread... you'll find lots of pics and stories of our cats and/or other animals in there. :)

Oh Mel.. your cats are so beautiful and I loved the stories!! Isnt it hard to have just one? :laugh: I'm sorry one didnt make it :( I know its heart breaking because you want to save them all but sometimes you just cant no matter how hard you try :hug:

I think its great that most of your cats are rescues.

There are about 8 - 10 ferals in my apartment complex. Recently one kept having babies and my neighbor and I organized a TNR for them. We got about 5 of them so far :) One, Prego, is my favorite and she still comes and visits on my porch, sleeps in my chairs and plays with my feather. Though I cannot touch her yet. She will let me get close but not close enough to touch her.

I'd like to share a before spay + feeding and after..

stray2.jpg

prettyprego.jpg

She is such a beauty. And my Zoey and Saki like to watch her from inside :D

zoeysakiprego.jpg

Thanks again for sharing your pics! They are all so beautiful. :heart:

Oh I forgot I wanted to tell you besides my two that live with me, we have a tortie too.. at my parents house that I got when I was 16 :cute: She's 15 and still pretty healthy!

evilchichi2.jpg

Sicy: Your Zoey & Saki are beautiful! I love the sheen on their fur. :) And your folks' tortie is adorable. (This might sound cheesy, but my grandma used to say that torties & calicos were the result of angels having too much fun painting in Heaven -- or something like that, lol. But I always picture that when I see just how beautiful they are.) Also, WOW on the transformation of the TNR! She looks so healthy! And that pic of Zoey & Saki looking at her is too cute. Thx for sharing. :hug:

SpanishEyes: Comet, the white one, weighs 18 pounds! Can you believe that? At some point I'll scan in his baby pics. I still can't get over how huge he got, like what on earth did I feed him??? :ohmy: lol!

And thanks for the comments on my hubby. I'd like to say I converted him, but I know it was really Zoe. :wink: She just crawled right inside his :heart: .

Oh! And erised, I will check out that thread! I had seen the title and wondered at it, but never checked it out. (I didn't want to admit so soon that I don't have a life, lol!) :eek: :D

WOW 18 pounds?? :eek: Males do have a tendency to get pretty big though. I think that's cute about the tortie/calico story :cute:

Prego has come a long way and it makes me feel good that I helped her to be healthier. Such a great feeling. :)

If you have more pics post them!! I cant get enough kitty pics :love:

A couple of my favorite Zoey pics:

zoeynoflash.jpg

zoeywindowglare.jpg

And the little rascal:

sakiregal.jpg

And the two of them together:

zoeysakiwrestle6.jpg

Sorry I cant help it lol :reject:

Queen Bee said:
Your cats are gorgeous, dream chaser!

I'm tempted to set the first picture of Comet as my wallpaper. :cute:

Aww! :hug: Thanks! :D

Thought I'd post some baby pics fir fun. ;)
(These are all shortly after I got them home from the vet or with Comet, the shop.)

Here's baby Comet (minus several lbs):

comet_baby.jpg

Baby Zoe:

zoe_baby.jpg

Baby Satchel:

satchel_baby.jpg

more...

Continued...

Here's little Shemp (who's no longer with us) and two of the 3 b&w babies:

3_kitties_baby.jpg

And here's another pic of the more recent babies with Moe (who has another home), Gia, & Shemp:

Moe_Curly_Shemp_baby.jpg

And here's baby Larry:

larry_baby.jpg

Ok, gotta go gotta go gotta go... Don't want to go to bed coz that means I have to wake up and work! Bah! lol! Nite y'all! :D

PS: Just saw a webcam & piccies from the LOTR premiere in NZ!!! GAH!!! :drool: ok... bye!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love::heart: I looooooooooove Kittys!!! They're sooooooooooooo cute!!! :D

I've told this story before but..I had a kitty last year before I moved to Dublin and she was my baby...she was grey and white with beautiful emerald eyes and I saved her life when she was a kitten...she was stuck on a tree and I climbed it and saved her even tho she tried scratching the hell out of me LOL...but she got preggers and my mom didn't want her inside of the house when she was about to have her kittens so the next day she ran away :( :sad: Shortly after I left for Dublin but still my heart was broken *sniff*

** spay and neuter your cats!!! ** You might not have lost yours Mullen girl.

dream chaser the baby pics are TOO cute. I love them all :love:

aw!!! Kitty fuzzies! My new kitty looks like your baby Zoe. She's being fixed in two days and when she's recovered, I can keep her!

Mel, I am so relieved to see Larry is healthy now! :happy: I was so worried about him. Sicy, Prego is looking good, what an improvement! :up:

:hug: all the cats :hug:

:wink: :love: Ahh, DC ur cats are so beautiful! thank u for sharing their story!:wink: And I love the pic with all the cats and ur husband on the bed! ahh! And what a gr-8 heart you have for rescueing them like you do! Keep up the good work! :mad: yes, it makes me mad the mean things people do to cats-just for fun!:madspit:

forbonou2 said:
:mad: yes, it makes me mad the mean things people do to cats-just for fun!:madspit:

One of my cats was originally a neighborhood stray. I caught two boys and their Rottweiler chasing her up a tree! :mad: I gave them what for, then tried to take her in. It took a very long time to earn her trust, but she finally figured out that we weren't going to hurt her, and she's gone from a scrawny scaredy-cat to a beautiful, fluffy, happy little lady. :)

It really sickens me what people do to cats. When dogs are mistreated, everyone screams for the miscreant's blood (and rightly so), but nobody cares if a cat is abused. I've read and heard too many horror stories. It makes me ashamed to be a member of the human species.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom