My happy mullet day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
I went into an office in my U2 shirt and the office secretary said "oh I love U2!" She told me she had been a fan since 1983 and her favorite album was UF. She said her favorite Bono look was Red Rocks/Live Aid!

Later at Subway, a teenage girl saw it and told me she had loved U2 all her life! She was 17, and her favorite album was War and her favorite song was Sunday Bloody Sunday! I asked her if she thought Bono was hot and she said he was "cutest in the 2 Hearts video" I was so happy! The secretary was a thirtysomething but this was a 17 year old who knew all about U2 and loved War and the 'mullet' the best! I told her she had excellent taste. When I told her there were people online that called that hairdo 'mullet' and made fun of it she said she'd like to 'kick their butts!' I asked her if she would join up here but she said with school and work she had no time. But at least I know there are tons of fellow mullet lovers out there, they just aren't on here, but they still love Bono and U2 just as much. I knew there was a large part of the fanbase not represented here, I already knew some and now I have met more. This girl was so cool! So was the secretary.

In honor of my two new friends, and my 'mullet' buddies here like Foadie, Icelady, Jessica and the rest, I would appreciate all the hot, beautiful mullet pics you can find. I will post later when my computer is not so slow. Thank you!

------------------
~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy,
I don't mind, think they're crazy
running everywhere at such a speed
'til they find, there's no need!
Please don't spoil my day,
I'm miles away,
and after all, I'm only sleeping!"~
John Lennon

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 05-20-2002).]

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
When I told her there were people online that called that hairdo 'mullet' and made fun of it she said she'd like to 'kick their butts!'

that's not nice! most plebas are nice ppl that would not condone that kind of rude behavior

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

i am glad you had a good day
tuf_gallery_6.jpg

btw i am not partial to any look, they all look good to me (esp sparky)!
smile.gif
enjoy the pic!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Thanks for the pic Maria!
smile.gif
I love it. I love Adam's fro too! The fro and the UF era are my favorite Adam looks! The girl was really sweet, she was only joking about 'butt kicking' but it was cool to see someone eager to defend the mullet lol!

------------------
I'm miles away,
John Lennon

Thanks for the pic Maria!
smile.gif
I love it. I love Adam's fro too! The fro and the UF era are my favorite Adam looks! The girl was really sweet, she was only joking about 'butt kicking' but it was cool to see someone eager to defend the mullet lol!

i understand desire! glad you liked the pic, i remember liveaid too! i was so excited to see them do a live show! they blew the roof off of wembley!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:

i understand desire! glad you liked the pic, i remember liveaid too! i was so excited to see them do a live show! they blew the roof off of wembley!
biggrin.gif

Yes they did! It was a great show, then and now. I still love watching the tape and looking at the pics!

------------------
I'm miles away,
John Lennon

I wish I could have been at LiveAid....but I was only 5 LOL. I would have looooved to see U2 and Queen and The Police for the last time, man that would have been AWESOME. I like Bono with the mullet, even though I was sort of making fun of him when I saw the old interviews they did, and Bono had sort of a "punk" thing going on. I didn't think it worked for him. I like his hair now. Adam looked good with the afro though, I must say LOL.

I wish I was at Live Aid too- and that I was the girl Bono hugged! *SIGH* There were so many great acts there! Yes, the Police and Queen, also The Who, Paul McCartney and the Led Zeppelin reunion!

This goes back to 1981, the fro in all its glory. Such a cute pic!
wink.gif

1N13583.jpg

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 05-20-2002).]

Later at Subway, a teenage girl saw it and told me she had loved U2 all her life! She was 17, and her favorite album was War and her favorite song was Sunday Bloody Sunday!

That's really awesome. I was a 17 year old just like that. I'm a 22 year old now and I'm still more or less like that--favourite albums are JT, UF, and ATYCLB, and War is very far up there too. I always thought I was almost alone in being a young person who preferred their older stuff.

The mullet thread is a good cause! I'm sorry, I seldom contribute photos when I post on PLEBA but if I find something good I'll try and get it in here. One reason I seldom post photos is because I know most of you have probably seen anything I could find already...
wink.gif

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

It's always great to hear about others who worship the mullett.
wink.gif

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

When Fishy and I were in Old Navy the other day, the counter lady kind of pushes my jacket open to see my homemade Bono shirt

FISHY: MOLESTATION!
ME: WTF
LADY: Oh, U2?
FISHY: *grrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnn*
ME: *grrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn*
LADY: You know it seems like over the last couple years they've been getting REAL popular all over again.

SHEKNEWBONOANDLIKEDHIMIWANTTOLICKBONO'SNOSE.

*faints*

----------------
~*Mona Vox of Easy Street*~

"Time to breathe sour cream & onion on the 8th grade boys"

You said it Jessica!
smile.gif

Foadie, thanks for the beautiful pics, soulmate! Those are all hot!
smile.gif
Long live the beautiful mullet!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm miles away,
John Lennon

Well, I HAVE to contribute something to this fine thread
biggrin.gif

Not sure if this is a genuine mullet but I LOVE this photo. It is one of the cutest Bono pictures ever. Maybe the cutest.

bono07.jpg

This one is funny...

Bono83.jpg

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-21-2002).]

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Bono83.jpg

BONO: Hey ... you in the back ... don't make fun of my mullet. It is a classic hairstyle that will never die.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Owner of Safari Bono.

Pshaw y'all don't even know what a real mullet is! Why you gotta come down home and see what I seen! Thar's this one fella that's got the top and side of his head shaved way down and the back is over a foot long! It's much worse than Billy Ray! Bono or no member of U2 never had no real mullet and I seen my share so I should know. LMAO.

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

This is a fantastic thread! Hooray for that girl in Subway! Hooray for all of you in this thread who can see true exquiste beauty! Hooray for the hair Bono had in the mid 80's, I do not say the "m" word!
biggrin.gif
I will defend it tooth and claw. Mess with the "m" word and you mess with me!
biggrin.gif

Gorgeous creature!

A_084.jpg

new05.jpg

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Back
Top Bottom