My grandmother is in surgery right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've been very lucky to have both sets of my grandparents alive and healthy for all of my life so far. However, this weekend during the convention I got a call from my dad telling me that my mom's mother suffered a stroke this weekend and was in the hospital. This was pretty surprising as she is very active and not even that old. In any case, I just heard from dad today and she is in surgery right now. The doctors discovered an aneurism and they are attempting to fix it. I don't know what the odds are statistically of all going well, but I do know that any time you operate on a human brain, there is a chance of debilitation or even fatality. So if you could please pray with me that the doctors are able to do their best job possible and that she would make it through alright, I would greatly appreciate it. I've never had anyone this close to me in danger before, and I must admit I am rather shaken.

I hope she is ok!!!! :(

I'll keep her in my thoughts!!

Pm me anytime you need to girlie & keep us updated!!!!! :(

Hope everything goes well for you Bethany..
If she has your steely-eyed determination and confidence she has a good chance of making it fine:idea:
God Bless-
Dave
:idea:

Sulawesigirl4, trust me, I'm praying! I've been through my fair share of serious family illnesses. It's gut-wrenching, and I didn't even have to wait through something like neurosurgery, which is not fun. I used to work in a hospital with a neurosurgical ward and that ward was Stress City--but not Doom City. Plenty of the patients went home. I hope everything turns out OK for your grandmother.

Last edited:
Will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Sula)))

thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts. I just got a call from my dad and she is out of surgery at the moment. But as the procedure was like the "let's try this first and see if we can get away with not having to actually do brain surgery" thingy and they found the aneurism is too big and/or complicated for that procedure, she will be going into brain surgery tomorrow. So I guess that is good and bad. Good because she's alright and in the recovery room at the moment, but bad because of what could happen tomorrow. Hopefully I will get to talk to my mom tonite on the phone and find out more. Again, thanks for the support...it does mean a lot to me. It's really odd to think of her being in the hospital because she is such a fiesty strong woman. Today is my grandfather's birthday too. :|

(((sula))) You and your grandmother are most certainly in my prayers. Like BC said, lean on us..we're all here for you in the good times and the bad times.

Sula,

Your grandma and your family and YOU are in my thoughts.... I know how hard it is to have a grandparent go into surgery to remove something from the brain... my grandpa had a tumor in his brain that doctors successfully removed - it relieved the pressure that was on his brain, which was causing him to not be his normal self.

Hang in there, sweetie... and I'm keeping your grandma in my prayers and thoughts. :heart:

Moonie

Thank you all again for the support. I spoke to my mom last night down in Louisiana (she flew down to be with the family) and she said that my grandmother came through yesterday's procedure ok. The major surgery is going on right now until about noon today, so I am waiting to hear how everything went. I guess the positive side of all this is that according to my mom, it has really brought the family down there together. They are all at the hospital, all the aunts and uncles and great-aunts and great-uncles have been there, etc. and many close friends as well, so that is encouraging.

(((((Sula)))))

My prayers are and have been with you and your family. This is a very good thing that they caught the aneurism before it ruptured. Thank God for modern day medicine. Let us know how she is and how you are doing.

love Olive

(((((((hugs))))))))) Awww I hope she gets better!

Yer very lucky, both of my grandfathers past away before I was born, so I only got me two grandmas.

I'm glad to hear things are going better Sula. Yes, the plus side of these things is that the family usually turns to each other, which is always a good thing. :) I'll keep praying though.

Both of my grandfathers have passed away and my paternal grandmother passed away 8 years ago so all I have left is my tiny little 4'9" Grammy Pat, who I love SO much :heart:

Grandmas are so special :yes:

Thank you so much, everyone, for you prayers and support.

I just got off the phone with Dad. The surgery went well and she is in the recovery room right now. Apparently she was able to move her hands and such upon request while still coming out of the anesthetic, so that is a great sign. Won't know for sure if she suffered any debilitation until she is fully awake, but I guess the surgery was a success and things are looking up. I'm so relieved.

Back
Top Bottom