My grandmother died last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sue DeNym

Refugee
I got a call from my mother last night, informing me that Grandma had died. I'd written about her here: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84883&pagenumber=2

This wasn't unexpected, and in a way, it's almost a relief; she's not suffering anymore, and is in a much happier place. Still, she was a very important part of my life and the cornerstone of the whole family.

A few hours earlier, I had also learned that a friend that I hadn't seen in a while also died. That was rough on me; she was only 31, younger than me. I wish I could've seen her at least one last time.

I'm sorry for rambling, but this has been very rough on me. Thank you for hearing me out.

Sue,

I am so sorry to hear about this. :hug: It's obvious your grandmother was very well loved... Wishing you strength,

Olive :hug:

I'm sorry to hear your grandmother and your friend passed away. I only can say that you and your family are in my prayers.
:hug:

bawling2.gif
I'm sorry Sue :hug:

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother and good friend. I know it's tough with what you are going through. I just lost my mom 3 months ago. Please try to take care of yourself, and I will keep you in my prayers. :hug: :sad:

Awww, Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolances to your family and to the family of your friend who you lost.

:hug:.

You'll be in my thoughts. Take as much time as you need to grieve and get everything taken care of and all that stuff. And if you want to talk...the rest of us are always here. :).

Again, I'm sorry. :(.

Angela

Sue DeNym said:
This wasn't unexpected, and in a way, it's almost a relief; she's not suffering anymore, and is in a much happier place. Still, she was a very important part of my life and the cornerstone of the whole family.

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said but I can relate to the above part as my grandpa had been ill for a long time before he died and it as you say felt as a kind of relief when he didn't have to fight anymore........

:hug::hug::hug:

Re: Re: My grandmother died last night

Lemonboy said:
I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said but I can relate to the above part as my grandpa had been ill for a long time before he died and it as you say felt as a kind of relief when he didn't have to fight anymore........

:hug::hug::hug:

Yep. I felt the same way when my grandma died (crud, that was over 8 years ago...wow...).

Angela

condolences

very sorry to hear about both loses :(

I lost my grandparents decades ago. After I moved 3 1/2 yr ['00] ago to where I am now, i only found out around 5 months after 9-11 that my ex-neighbor >a sweet friend< had died around the same time.

I only found out [because circumstances had become very trying and I'd been out of touch for a while, even just by phone] because he worked at a special place, and his co-workers etc were planning a memorial. Went thru his address book & i was there. But he didn't want visitors in the hospital so his roomie never contacted me. I didn't even know he was ill, let alone so seriously. I never got to say goodbye.

so i know that kind of pain. hug: strength and light to you all who are berieved.

Last edited:
Sue DeNym said:
I got a call from my mother last night, informing me that Grandma had died. I'd written about her here: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84883&pagenumber=2

A few hours earlier, I had also learned that a friend that I hadn't seen in a while also died. That was rough on me; she was only 31, younger than me. I wish I could've seen her at least one last time.

I'm sorry for rambling, but this has been very rough on me. Thank you for hearing me out.

Wow... I did not see this until now. I am so sorry for your losses,Sue. My mother died this year and it's been rough. I can't believe I typed something that personal about myself. I am new here and don't know you but I can empathize with your situation.....

Remember...no one can tell you how to feel ,you just have to go with it. Letting it out on here was a good idea,people understand.Keep you spirits up as best you can.. :heart::)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom