My friend met Larry- she thinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
My friend told me that when she was at a Matchbox 20 concert,she and her friend were standing next to this blond guy who was talking and flirting with them, and this woman with short brown hair was with him, who seemed annoyed when he flirted with them. Apparently, he then said" So you know who I am, right?". They said no, and he told them that he was the drummer for U2. My friend is not a U2 fan, so she could be wrong. I don't think this sound slike Larry- flirting with a 15 year old girl & telling them who he was. Also- the woman doesn't sound like Ann, doesn't she have long blondish hair? So... what do you think, was this Larry?

Larry would never volunteer the information that he was the drummer for U2.

Larry doesn't flirt.

No offense to you, and I'm sure your friend didn't know any better, but here is why I don't think it was him:

1- Larry, who runs from fans, doing something like that? No way, too out of character. When he goes to so much trouble to hide and avoid fans, why would he go around announcing himself like that when no one's even bugging him? That's not like him at all.
2- The woman did not look like Ann and Larry is no cheater (If he were you bet the press would have found out.)
3- If Larry were at a Matchbox20, which I doubt because that's not a band they seem to like, he would be in the VIP area and likely have bodyguards like Bono at the REM show.

I think your friend was a victim of an egotisical dork with no class. (lying, bragging, cheating right in front of his date!)

Back
Top Bottom