My friend just met Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yes: :up: Phalanx! Thank u for the story and the pics! I just don't see it....Bono looks gr-8!! :drool: Like he is ready for NASCAR or something! :wink: lol @..'life's been good..'! Yep-just what I was thinking!:laugh:

Loved the story Phalanx! I think the "knocking on his head" comment means that the drums are also very loud. Bono has commented before what it is like to have to stand in front of Larry's drum kit. :wink:

I've bought enough U2 stuff not to worry too much about Bono.

I just love to hear or read about fans experience and their thoughts about it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anyway, Bono looks great to me! :sexywink: Maybe it's because I have that feeling of knowing "how he is inside", maybe because I believe he is a great Human Being, I don't know ... But that's how HE LOOKS to me, just GREAT!
:cool: :angel:

... poor guy, being so nice to fans, he doesn't deserve that

Bono is everything but poor, in everyway! There are admirers that really love him no matter how he looks. :heart:

Remember that we all grow old. :sigh:

I need new u2 music ? bad

Yes, this is what I need! :hyper: :dance:

I'm not saying we shouldn't comment on his looks at all or that no one should ever make a negative comment...

I don?t see why not, we comment everything else! Let?s be honest, we all think about that! We?re all scared about growing old; we all care how we look. Maybe if we talk about that often and honestly, it won?t be such a drama. That?s who we are.

I didn?t find anything to be negative when I first read this story. I found that it was the story of the first impressions of the meeting with someone that you?re used to admire. And I?m sure Bono wouldn?t bother about that. He has only got reasons to feel good about himself as he had had such a full life. He will always look great to me (with wrinkles or not), because he?s great.

Phalanx said:
For the love of God, I apologized, didn't I? Let it go.

It's gone. Just that you make a blanket statement like that ( which you have apologized for), and you seem surprised
people commented on it. Anyways.

Well, my friend arrived, and the photos are pretty good...I should get copies to scan soon.

My friend got me the UNCUT issue featuring U2...it's completely devoted to the band...I've never seen something so comprehensive in my life. I recommend to all of you to get it, seriously, it's that great. And it's signed by Bono. :wink:

Thanks, Phalanx, for the update and for the PHOTOS!:wink:

Your friend is fortunate, indeed, and it is the perfect U2 thing to do to share his Blessings with us all.

I look forward to the pics!:)

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

He/she never posted any photos, those were from u2log and I uploaded them so they'd post here. We haven't seen his friend's pics yet, we'd like to as soon as they are ready!

My friend showed Bono the magazine, and Bono said about this one:

"We were a fashion travesty"
youngsuit-vi.jpg

"This one is special" - don't know why he said it

bonoboyjump.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with those pics, they're :cute: Bono has made much worse fashion travesties, remember PopMart? :lol: That awful Pop muscle shirt, those sloppy baggy pants he's had lately and those clodhopper shoes he's worn in Pop and Elevation :grumpy: I love everything he wore in the 80's :love: AB was very cool too.

Last edited:
So you women can ogle him like a sex object, but I talk about his hairline and beard and I am the crude one here?
lol. got a point. i think i am just as bad for looking at him and wanting to rip his clothes off him than anybody is for making a comment like that. i have heard some really really rude stuff. somebody in everything you know is wrong or something said that he needs to get a clue. to get hair plugs and laser surgery or something. that he cant be a rock star looking like he does. has anybody seen kieth richards for crying out loud!!:wink: i dunno. this is kind of a stupid thing to be mad about.
I am a naughty girl and think about bono naked so somebody thinking of him with less age is no different really. dont we all cling to the old pictures as well as the new??

But talking about him as a sex object is a positive thing, a compliment, flattery! :love:

Bono looks great :love:
I don't see why people should only post positive, "flattering" things about him, though. It's almost as if some people here want to censor other people's posts...that is kind of disturbing. It seems to me that Phalanx wasn't trying to get a "reaction", he was only reporting what his friend told him. His friend obviously had an opinion about the way Bono looked, and he told Phalanx what this was. Why should Phalanx report all the positive things his friend told him, but not the "negative" things?? I happen to think that Bono looks great in that pic, so I don't agree with Phalanx's friend, but I do not see why some people here have an issue with those who say things that they see as less than "positive".

I can't understand why anyone would want to post something that wasn't nice :shrug: I don't see any need to bring up negative things on ANYBODY especially not appearance things. I don't know why everyone can't just see that if it isn't nice and not necessary WHY say it?? I don't understand it. I also think it's unkind and gossipy to spread things on a person who has just been so kind and generous to you. :( It's called tact and class, and compassion. I'm not bringing up the the original post again, he/she apologized :) It's the last few posters who keep dragging it back up after we have buried the issue and moved on.

Phalax, are you a boy or a girl??

Last edited:
Devlin: Alright....I'll ask him; if he wants to share his story I'll let you know right away.

U2Kitten: I know where you're going with that question. If I am a guy, it would explain my "insensitivity", right?

No, I'm not a sexist at all. I only wanted to know so I could stop posting he/she:lol:

Not to start any fights, but why is it whenever it is posted Bono is getting old(er) some people feel the need to disagree with that?

He is human and is not getting younger just like anyone else, and he is a celebrity. Of course he's going to get photographed alot and he has good and bad days.

On the other hand, there is drooling over married men and fathers. Yet that's perfectly ok.

:confused: Know what I mean?

Why is it that people have to drag up things that are already over and everyone is friends? What kind of response are you looking for, making comments like that? If you don't like married men and fathers being drooled over you are free to not click on PLEBA.

not again

U2girl said:
Not to start any fights

I knew it wouldn't work...

I was just being curious because I do not think Bono age comments are the end of the world nor do I think he cares that much. So why do you?

On the other hand, I'd like to know how you'd feel if you knew any of the band's children/wives would be reading PLEBA. (or any PLEBAn kids/spouses for that matter)

If you don't like my post, you are very much free not to reply. (this is the third time now, and you always start)

Re: not again

U2girl said:

I knew it wouldn't work...

It never does. Everyone, including me, has had to learn that you cannot post something that questions like that and not expect a response, and maybe one you don't like and will have to answer negatively, thus a 'fight.' Too many people these days think they can just say whatever they want and everyone else has to shut up. It doesn't work that way. Not for me, you, or anyone.

I was just being curious because I do not think Bono age comments are the end of the world nor do I think he cares that much. So why do you?

I already did, at length, in my other posts in this thread. Didn't you read them before you jumped my case? This one mostly sums up my feelings:

It bothers me very much to see people lucky enough meet him and benefit from his generosity passing on things like that. It's mean. What's the point of doing something like that, to get a kick out of someone's reaction? A laugh? I don't even like it when people I know say they went to visit their relatives over the weekend and Cousin Winnie sure has packed on weight and Uncle Tom looks like he's half dead. It's gossipy, unkind and unecessary. I don't know why people can't leave stuff like that out.

On the other hand, I'd like to know how you'd feel if you knew any of the band's children/wives would be reading PLEBA. (or any PLEBAn kids/spouses for that matter)

I was discussing this with a friend today. They are ROCK STARS, therefore, a fantasy to a lot of people. It's not like we're raping anyone, or trying to steal them away from their wives for goodness sakes! I'm sure they all do know about it and they think it's funny, or at least they know how harmless it is. It's only a game, we enjoy it, and if some people have a problem with what we do here, don't click on the forum! It's a big message board!

If you don't like my post, you are very much free not to reply.

Ah. I see. That would be convenient for all of us wouldn't it? Why do some people always think they can say whatever they want and not have to deal with responses that do not agree? If you don't want to discuss it, don't bring the issues up. That's all.

(this is the third time now, and you always start)

Oh yeah? Looked to me like it had all died down and you drug it back up. There again, you think you can say anything you want and if anyone answers you back it's them who 'started it?' :tsk:

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the enlightment. But it takes two to fight and my questions could have been dealt with in a normal way. I never said anyone should shut up.

I did notice your first reply...so? Having a bad day does not take away anything from being a nice person, on the other hand if we have a problem with women being sex objects, why is it so ok with guys?

If you reply to a post you must also deal with replies to YOUR reply. It goes both ways.

Umm, I meant the C incident, that FYM thread and now this...contrary to your belief I wanted opinions why anything related with the band aging is forbidden, while anything related to their appearance flies.

Um, there is a difference between talking about friends and relatives and celebrities.

Yup, discussion is what I was after. Doesn't look like you're discussing.

Back
Top Bottom