my fave Bono quote!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
well, there are 2 :

"I'm the biggest feminist you will find" - sometime in 1997.

"Ali is better than me in every way, I don't do shit around the place and she has got her f****** act together just right. God bless the woman for staying with me for so long." - Quote from an interview in some women's magazine, 2001.

Babydoll said:

"Ali is better than me in every way, I don't do shit around the place and she has got her f****** act together just right. God bless the woman for staying with me for so long." - Quote from an interview in some women's magazine, 2001.

I love that quote too. Every time he talks about Ali, you can totally tell he's completely in love with her :yes:

Re: Re: my fave Bono quote!

Niamh_Saoirse said:

I love that quote too. Every time he talks about Ali, you can totally tell he's completely in love with her :yes:

:yes:

There's another quote when someone asks him if he believes in love at first sight and he says something like "Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her, and the last time too" :cute:

Re: Re: Re: my fave Bono quote!

kellyahern said:
:yes:

There's another quote when someone asks him if he believes in love at first sight and he says something like "Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her, and the last time too" :cute:

Yeah, that's a great one, too.

Makes you want to find him and just give him a big hug, doesn't it? :). What a sweet man.

Angela

thanks, luvsU2, that is one of my favorite Bono quotes too! :yes:

Personally, I don't like ANY quotation where Bono puts himself down and/or puts anyone else up on a pedestal.:ohmy:

REMEMBER - the higher the pedestal, THE HARDER THE FALL! :up:

BONO, YOU ARE FINE JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! BELIEVE THAT AND IT IS TRUE!:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave: :angel: :hug:

There's another quote when someone asks him if he believes in love at first sight and he says something like "Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her, and the last time too"
That is just beautiful! It's wonderful to know that they still love & appreciate each other so much! :heart:

Personally, I don't like ANY quotation where Bono puts himself down and/or puts anyone else up on a pedestal.

REMEMBER - the higher the pedestal, THE HARDER THE FALL!

BONO, YOU ARE FINE JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! BELIEVE THAT AND IT IS TRUE

I don't think Bono was really putting himself down or putting Ali on a pedestal...he's just stating how he feels about her & how important she truly is in his life. Ali is an amazing , very strong woman & Bono knows & appreciates that. Ali's unwavering love & support for Bono is a big part of what makes him the person he is & he is happy to admit that & to appreciate everything she does for him. Like I said before, I think it's wonderful that they've been together for so long & still love each other so deeply....there's nothing wrong with putting your mate on a pedestal...God tells us to cherish our spouses & Bono obviously does. I love them both for what they've been & will continue to be to each other! :heart:

It is indeed without a doubt Bono loves Ali very much.
That's why I find it hard to believe rumors ( most notably
started from that Flannagan book) that Bono may have
been unfaithful. Drunk possible; unfaithful no. ( imo)
You can't shut Bono up, once he's starts talking about Ali!
LOL! :)

Edgespet said:

I don't think Bono was really putting himself down or putting Ali on a pedestal...he's just stating how he feels about her & how important she truly is in his life. Ali is an amazing , very strong woman & Bono knows & appreciates that. Ali's unwavering love & support for Bono is a big part of what makes him the person he is & he is happy to admit that & to appreciate everything she does for him. Like I said before, I think it's wonderful that they've been together for so long & still love each other so deeply....there's nothing wrong with putting your mate on a pedestal...God tells us to cherish our spouses & Bono obviously does. I love them both for what they've been & will continue to be to each other! :heart:

I think I've read something where Bono says that Ali always tells him to stop putting her on a pedestal... Do you see what I'm talking about ? :scratch:
Marie

I like that one about Eli, too. :laugh:.

Yesterday, on VH1 Classic, right before they played a U2 video, they had this flashback clip of an interview with Bono from 1984, and in it he said something about how if we all learned to just take care of each other and everything, and left the politicians out of it all, that he'd really like that, that'd be a wonderful thing. I was like, "Yeah!" :D. Hearing him say things like that makes me smile. :).

Angela

MissMaCo said:

I think I've read something where Bono says that Ali always tells him to stop putting her on a pedestal... Do you see what I'm talking about ? :scratch:
Marie

:) Yeah, I can easily see that...Ali seems to be wonderfully down-to-earth & practical, while Bono is a hoplessly romantic dreamer...a perfect match for each other! :heart:

I think there's one where he talks about Ali wanting to throw plates at him..maybe not.. somehow that's in my mind

From an interview w/ BP Fallon-
BP: Do you believe in flying saucers?
BONO: In my kitchen they'e an everyday thing.
BP: Have you ever seen one?
BONO: She's a very good shot

:lmao:

Since it seems that my fellow posters in this thread are trying to be unbiased in their reaction to my comment about pedestals, I will make one more comment to clarify my concerns about pedestals.:yes:

I TRULY LOVE AND RESPECT BONO AND ALI - both for their example of two people choosing to remain together over the years in a supportive friendship and relationship.

But, to be in a REALLY effective and loving relationship, the balance between the two participants NEEDS TO BE EQUAL.

If one of the people is perceived and/or allows themselves to be perceived as "better" or "superior" - the relationship is out of balance and thus, will experience difficulties. :ohmy:

This basic idea about relationships is not just for Bono and Ali, but for all of us. (It's been true for me.)

So ALL of my posts will always be done in a Spirit of Love and Respect for Bono - so that IF (remember I said IF) there are still TEARS IN HIS HEART THEY CAN CONTINUE TO HEAL THEMSELVES .:hug:

This will allow Bono to become fully what he was meant to be in our world - a center of God's PURELY RADIATING LOVE, PEACE AND GRACE for everyone, including his family/friends.

So, thank you, my dear posters in this thread for allowing me to express my feelings without an attack. Everything I will say here or anywhere else will always be said with a Loving and Respectful Heart for each person. ;)

And BONO - YOU ARE LOVED AND RESPECTED JUST AS YOU ARE!:bono: :heart: :heart: :angel: :wave:

And Ali - thank you for doing your best. BLESSINGS ALWAYS!

My favorite quotes include:

"It's good to be back in Boston".....
I usually get my hair cut in Boston"

BP: Did you ever think you were going to die?
LARRY: Yes, only on the back of Bono's motorbike!
EDGE: Only on the back of Bono's motorbike.
ADAM: Only in the back of Bono's car.
BONO: Die, no. Squashed, yes.

"But I can't imagine Bono in a nine to five job. He would have lost his marbles."
-Ali

Early Friday afternoon, the last day of the week's rehearsals, the band
manuvers through a gauntlet of camera-toting fans at the hotel and
piles into an old white Cadillac convertible.
Drummer Larry Mullen Jr. takes the wheel.
'They never let Bono drive,' manager Paul McGuiness says with a snicker.
Clayton elaborates: 'We don't let Bono drive because he likes to fly.
And he doesn't really acknowledge corners.
Larry knows the rules of the road.'"
-USA Today 1992

:lol:

Here are some few quotes I like :

Have you seen it in your mind's eyes, U2 as four guys, up on stage, at the age of 60 ?
- Gosh. A terrifying thought. Standing there with deep lines. Turn around and there's Larry Mullen, still looking 14 !

Ali doesn't like violent movies. In fact she often becomes violent at them. She bit me once during "Scarface". She literally bit my shoulder and I had to leave !...

(about Ali, a few hours before she gave birth to John) :
... I went upstairs and I found her sitting on the bed with a warpaint on and I thought : "This is a bit too much". But in fact, she'd put a facepack on...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marie :wave:

?Almost a saint, but an inspired sinner? ? The Edge describes Bono

Have you seen it in your mind's eyes, U2 as four guys, up on stage, at the age of 60 ?
- Gosh. A terrifying thought. Standing there with deep lines. Turn around and there's Larry Mullen, still looking 14 !

:lmao: These are two of my favorites, also! I can sooo see Larry still looking eternally young! :lol:

One of my favorite bits in Boston is when Bono says something about Larry starting the band when he was 14, then he said "he still is!" It shows Larry laughing, but it's one of those "yeah-I'm-laughing-now-but-wait-til-I-get-you-backstage-you-wanker" laughs! Love it!! :)

MissMaCo said:
Here are some few quotes I like :

Ali doesn't like violent movies. In fact she often becomes violent at them. She bit me once during "Scarface". She literally bit my shoulder and I had to leave !...

(about Ali, a few hours before she gave birth to John) :
... I went upstairs and I found her sitting on the bed with a warpaint on and I thought : "This is a bit too much". But in fact, she'd put a facepack on...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marie :wave:

:lol: yes, that was a great interview :cute: :)

"And humor and laughter, to me, is the proof of the presence of freedom"

BP: Who's your hero?
Bono: Ali. She's so sane although she chooses to live with me

Q : "Most interesting question asked recently by a fan?"
Bono : "Have you seen Bono?"
'Propaganda' Issue 27, '97

all of these are from oliveu2's site
http://www.u2takemehigher.com/quotes/bonoquotes.html

thanks olive :wave:

I can't find the other one I'm looking for, it was something like "I believe in frisbeetarianism - That when you die, your spirit floats up to the ceiling and gets stuck there" :lmao: It was something like that - funny Bono :cute:

Last edited:
Thanks Kelly for posting Olive's site. I love it. Today, I found this great quote
"Our music is rooted in the feeling that much more is possible than you think."
-- Bono, 2003

So true!

souLnation2002 said:

"'They never let Bono drive,' manager Paul McGuiness says with a snicker.
Clayton elaborates: 'We don't let Bono drive because he likes to fly.
And he doesn't really acknowledge corners.
Larry knows the rules of the road.'"
-USA Today 1992
:

i love that... it really makes me laugh... :laugh:

Hmm, some of these I'd never heard before-glad people are sharing them.

souLnation2002 said:
BP: Did you ever think you were going to die?
LARRY: Yes, only on the back of Bono's motorbike!
EDGE: Only on the back of Bono's motorbike.
ADAM: Only in the back of Bono's car.
BONO: Die, no. Squashed, yes.

:laugh:...

I also like the one where they're all asked who would win in a fight between the four of them.

Originally posted by souLnation2002
"But I can't imagine Bono in a nine to five job. He would have lost his marbles."
-Ali

Hehe, something tells me that she's absolutely right about that. :p.

Originally posted by MissMaCo

:lol:...(Edgespet, I agree with you about the age comment made in the Boston concert, too, LOL).

Originally posted by MissMaCo

LOL, oh, my gosh...

Originally posted by kellyahern
Q : "Most interesting question asked recently by a fan?"
Bono : "Have you seen Bono?"
'Propaganda' Issue 27, '97

:lmao:...I love this one, too.

Also, luvsU2, yeah, you're right, that quote is very true. :yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom