My father is a closet U2 fan!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Last Friday was Good Friday, and here in Canada that means a day off work. My mother wasn't feeling well though, so I agreed to make dinner for the family. I decided that I would make Lasagna. I was making homemade sauce too so I knew that I would be in the kitchen for a few hours. I ran out to my car to get Joshua Tree, because I figured that it was good cooking music. My father was in the living room a few feet away. I came out after the streets, and I still haven't found.... and I asked my father if the music was bugging him, and he said "No, is this U2? I know these songs", then a few minutes later my father came in to the kitchen to get a drink and he was singing along to Bono "With or Without You"!! Of course I got all excited. My dad then said "I really like this song, I didn't know that it was by U2"!!

The next day I let my father take my car to pick up my little brother from work because his was behind mine, and guess what??? He didn't turn off my cd. He was driving around for 20 minutes listening to the WAR cd!!

I guess that we can make a deal now, I can steal his Beatles cd's, and he can listen to my U2!!

*Daddy fuzzies*

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

that's very cool

my mom thinks that with or without you is the best song they have ever done...

better than nothing!

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

that's so kewl
biggrin.gif
My parents thankfully love U2...my mom wanted to go to the Elevation concert but she had to work
frown.gif
Oh well next time
smile.gif

Aw, that is so great! Hehe.
For my birthday my brother made me a card that said I had good musical taste...
biggrin.gif
Then he admitted to sucking up. He knows that the way to make me happy is to compliment my band at least.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Cool, spinny! I love hearing about parents, friends & relations that dig U2 or are starting to!

Makes me think, " Hey, it's U2-world! "
biggrin.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **
I THINK, THEREFORE, U2

That's strange because the same thing is happening to my father-in-law. He is 58 and was recently layed off from work, so he has been spending a lot of time at home. He bought a new DVD and CD player, so my husband brought over our Elevation DVD and a few U2 CDs for him to try. He liked a lot of their slow songs and most of the Passengers stuff.

Yesterday he came over and wanted to borrow ATYCLB to copy. We were quite shocked!

my dads a bit of a fan of the joshua tree aswell. the other day we were in the car and he was belting out where the streets. then he asked me was there any place in the world where the streets dont have a name. any answers? he knows most of u2's songs now from me listening to them and he always says that bono is the man, but i think he may only be mocking me. ahhh well, better that nothing
biggrin.gif

------------------
----Maria----

what you dont have you dont need it now

Yeah my brother is a closet U2 fan. He won't admit he likes them, cause he knows I do. But he's got U2 mp3s on his computer. Man, he likes Zooropa. He's defintly a fan.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

I love hearing Closet U2 fan stories
smile.gif

I caught a friend of mine (who claims to hate them) singing "Beautiful Day." When I called her on it, she said she was only singing it to annoy me (her voice is as bad as mine
smile.gif
). I didn't buy it for a second. I just need to keep subjecting her to U2, and she'll come around
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

My mom's a closet Macphisto fan. Everytime I'm watching my Zoo tv tape, especially during Lemon, she stops whatever she's doing and starts watching the tape with me. The first time she saw the Lemon video she burst out laughing. And she just LOVES the Sweetest Thing vid, she keeps talking about it whenever she hears the song on the radio. She asks me questions about Bono whenever he's on tv and she sings along to ISHFWILF, Lemon, Slow Dancing and One. It's funny, she doesn't know the lyrics coz she only speaks French
wink.gif
And she offered to paint me a Bono or U2 portrait (she's a painter). She said Bono's got a "very expressive face." Wow, now that I think about it, my mom's got U2-fanatic potential...

*goes off to burn her mommy a U2 cd*

[This message has been edited by lady lemonade (edited 04-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by lady lemonade (edited 04-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom